Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Christmas food
(12-16-2016, 09:11 PM)Maggot Wrote: Have you ever made french toast with eggnog?

Mmmm French toast, another one of those special occasion things. I've never made it with eggnog but I have made it with raisin bread. Nom Nom Nom
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-16-2016, 08:06 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I love eggnog but like you, I'm the only one who drinks it and it's a special occasion drink only. It's full of fat & calories.

I also love eggnog, but I am the only one who drinks it. Haven't bought it in years. I also liked this sample of eggnog liqueur Kringle Kreme I tried a few months ago. Seems like it would be less fattening/have less calories than regular eggnog and get you drunk faster.
(12-14-2016, 06:41 PM)sally Wrote: I don't know yet what I'm making for Christmas

What about beef wellington? Someone I know is making that. It's not my scene but it doesn't preclude me from thinking it looks beautiful and carnivores probably love something like that.
Classic beef wellington is coated with liver pate and no one likes liver here except my husband and I don't care what he likes. I suppose I could do it with a mushroom pate, but then I have to be really careful that the puff pastry doesn't get soggy and that the meat is cooked a perfectly medium rare. Otherwise you'll fuck up a whole tenderloin. I don't know, it's a bit of work.

How about prime rib? I have lots of ideas, I wish I had someone to follow through on them.
Yeah I was thinking prime rib, but seafood sounds good too. Maybe both.
Get that whipped cream before it sells out. Or becomes the next e-bay sensation.

Just when you thought 2016 couldn’t get any worse, terrible news emerges from the Reddi-wip factory. “A whipped cream shortage is looming, just in time for peak holiday pie,” warns the Washington Post. “The Nation Is Facing a Dire Whipped-Cream Shortage During Prime Dessert Season,” says Time. “Whipped Cream Shortage Could Leave Your Holiday Pies Bare,” declares a CBS affiliate in Miami that apparently employs a crack team of headline-writers.

link
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Already got a can, they ain't fucking up my sat night
(12-17-2016, 09:24 PM)Maggot Wrote: Get that whipped cream before it sells out. Or becomes the next e-bay sensation.

Just when you thought 2016 couldn’t get any worse, terrible news emerges from the Reddi-wip factory. “A whipped cream shortage is looming, just in time for peak holiday pie,” warns the Washington Post. “The Nation Is Facing a Dire Whipped-Cream Shortage During Prime Dessert Season,” says Time. “Whipped Cream Shortage Could Leave Your Holiday Pies Bare,” declares a CBS affiliate in Miami that apparently employs a crack team of headline-writers.

link

I blame it on the popularity of the musical Hairspray: Live! Reddi-whip ran a big ad campaign throughout that 3 hour joyride.
If you can manage to get your hands on 1 cup of heavy cream, 3 tablespoons of sugar, 12 teaspoon vanilla extract and a mixer you can tell Reddi-Whip to go suck a dick.
(12-18-2016, 12:13 PM)sally Wrote: If you can manage to get your hands on 1 cup of heavy cream, 3 tablespoons of sugar, 12 teaspoon vanilla extract and a mixer you can tell Reddi-Whip to go suck a dick.

true, but the can is so much fun
Well you can add a Tbsp. of rum to your whipped cream and drink the rest of the bottle. You're guaranteed to have just as much fun. Well until you puke anyway.
I forgot about the big hunk of ham from the co-op this year. I was just rummaging through the freezer and saw it.
(12-18-2016, 12:13 PM)sally Wrote: If you can manage to get your hands on 1 cup of heavy cream, 3 tablespoons of sugar, 12 teaspoon vanilla extract and a mixer you can tell Reddi-Whip to go suck a dick.

But then I wouldn't be able to tell Devo to Whippet....whippet good.
(12-17-2016, 12:34 PM)Duchess Wrote:

How about prime rib? I have lots of ideas, I wish I had someone to follow through on them.

We're going out for dinner Christmas Eve and will probably have steak and seafood so I don't want to make steak again for Christmas.

I'm going to deep fry a turkey and make potato salad, macaroni and cheese, spinach casserole and stuffed baked tomatoes. I'm starving and that's what sounds good to me right now.
My husband's family tradition is basically to repeat Thanksgiving. I think it's completely stupid but any time I suggest something different, my husband goes in to potential heart attack mode. So, I'm cooking (with some people contributing, thank baby Jesus) TG dinner for 14 (or is it 17?) people this year.
Commando Cunt Queen
I'm getting all kinds of stuff from work this year. It's been a good year and I bet next year will be better. Ham is on the menu with broiled carrots homemade pie and I'm trying eggnog french toast for the first time. Every day the day gets longer, brighter and I feel that getting out of bed is easier. I'm feeling pretty damn good this week. Nothing can bother me. And...................Saturday NFL this weekend!!
Frying a Turkey tomorrow for my best friends Christmas party, its become a near 20 year tradition. One of those things I am good at
(12-23-2016, 09:09 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Frying a Turkey tomorrow for my best friends Christmas party, its become a near 20 year tradition. One of those things I am good at

Do you brine it? Inject it? I made one years ago and remember it being very good, but I don't remember anything other than frying it in peanut oil and over the years the fryer got thrown out. I went to Lowes today and bought another one. I'm thinking I should brine the turkey first.
I've yet to try that or even taste one for that matter. I guess its all about the kind of oil used. I only use crisco when deep frying.