Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find my phone
I like this crazy stuff:

Not too long ago, film student Anthony van der Meer was lunching in Amsterdam, when his iPhone suddenly disappeared. He reported the smartphone stolen, but to no avail. The thief had already disposed of the SIM card and disconnected the device from the internet. It was gone.

Curious who steals these phones and where they eventually end up, van der Meer decided to try and get his phone swiped again – but this time around the film student pre-loaded the device with spyware so he could keep tabs on the thief and get to know him up close and personal.

link
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I hope his next phone is stolen by some pervert who is into weird, filthy, kinky stuff and he is mentally scarred for life.
Just leave your phone on the bus.
I no watch the film right now but the concept is great! Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but firstest, if his phone was password protected, the first time it ran out of batteries or he had it set to lock, the thief would no longer have access to his emails and stuff...am I right?

And isn't it true now that if you report your phone stolen, the maker (say Apple) can completely disable it making it totally worthless? And wipe it? Actually, I'm pretty sure there's a "wipe phone" option in FindmyiPhone because I had to use it recently. Anyway, I seem to recall there was a push for the makers to install something that made the phone unusable to dissuade people from stealing phones because they couldn't resell them. However, I also seem to recall that the phone makers were fighting implementing that feature because if phones aren't as desirable to thieves, fewer will be stolen and less of us will have to go out and buy new phones from Apple (or whomever) to replace our stolen phone(s). The flip side to that is that if stolen phones are worthless, thieving mother fuckers are also forced to buy legitimate phones, right?

I've only had one cup of coffee. That's my excuse for this lame reply and I'm sticking to it.
Commando Cunt Queen
(12-18-2016, 02:54 PM)BigMark Wrote: Just leave your phone on the bus.

My phone is old. It would never be stolen. It more than likely destroyed and put out of its misery.