Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Prejudice
That was a pretty cool watch, Gunnar.

Surprising that more people don't realize what mongrels most of us are genetically.

But, it was interesting to see the reactions of the most patriotic ones after the DNA test results came back.
We Dodged a Bullet.

[Image: xdfth.jpg]
You sure have changed your tune about her.
(12-28-2016, 03:30 PM)Ski at 1SKY6 Wrote: You sure have changed your tune about her.

Yes. And you still love Justin. Go figure!
(12-28-2016, 01:22 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

That was seriously cool!

I've seen the ads on TV that try to entice us into having our DNA analyzed and I'm always intrigued by it. I already know quite a bit but so thought some of those people I just watched. hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-28-2016, 06:52 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-28-2016, 01:22 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

That was seriously cool!

I've seen the ads on TV that try to entice us into having our DNA analyzed and I'm always intrigued by it. I already know quite a bit but so thought some of those people I just watched. hah
Yeah, it's got me thinking too. The kit is about $90 and you get results after 90 days guaranteed. I'm thinking I'm going to go for it this year and see what shakes out of my family tree. Back in the 80's my Grandmother traced our family roots back pretty far, but the DNA doesn't lie and cover up family secrets.
The results may not be what you expect. My sister in law did it and it only tells you what side of a continent you may have been attached towards. It wont say Germany or Spain but will say southern Europe or middle African. Most of the records that tell a families name or specific country will be held in churches, they kept a fairly good record of marriages, births and deaths.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(12-30-2016, 01:03 PM)Maggot Wrote: The results may not be what you expect. My sister in law did it and it only tells you what side of a continent you may have been attached towards. It wont say Germany or Spain but will say southern Europe or middle African. Most of the records that tell a families name or specific country will be held in churches, they kept a fairly good record of marriages, births and deaths.
I'm okay with that. The origins that are supposed to be in my wood pile are very specific and should be easily discernible.