Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RE: the 2017 trivial drivel thread
(06-05-2017, 02:26 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I smell the skunk again. During the day this time. What the hell is going on that the skunk is spraying? Rhetorical question.

Close the top drawer on your bureau.............geez!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Smiley_emoticons_shocked How, how, how did you know that's one of the places?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Sock draw I think.

Damn, you're good. Let's see if you're great. What color is the sock this particular bag is in?
(06-08-2017, 04:04 PM)F.U. Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 08:59 AM)Carsman Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 09:01 AM)F.U. Wrote: I hate electrical codes ! Just got the electrical inspection completed for the room addition and failed. Failed because of a few stupid new rules. 1, All electrical receptacles must be tamper resistant. Yea that's right, they have to have those little doors inside so the stupid fucking children wont electrocute themselves by sticking shit into them. 2, all wires inside the walls must be supported at the boxes and every 3 feet. Yes, you have to wire staple the damn wires down so that they don't move around inside the fucking walls. Where the hell they going to go. They are trapped between to walls and held still by the insolation. 3, you must use round boxes for interior lighting. I used a square one and now have to replace it because its the wrong shape. 4, at every exterior door there must be a electrical receptacle OUTSIDE. WTF, Really? You MOST have one outside? wow. The smarter we get the dumber we get !!!

Code inspector's are the worst, they can be nit-picking pricks just because they can be! Who checks on them?

Did he happen to show the actual code violation in the books, or was it maybe he was looking for $$$ to make the so called violations to go away/acceptable.

He did not show me and I did not ask for it either. I just smiled and said OK.
I got all the parts and have ben working on changing them out. So hopefully in a week I will have my next inspection. If that one don't pass he might just turn up missing. Hahahahaha

Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(06-08-2017, 04:37 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Damn, you're good. Let's see if you're great. What color is the sock this particular bag is in?

White. But you really should put it in a black nylon sock.
(06-08-2017, 09:11 PM)Maggot Wrote: a black nylon sock.

Dear God Almighty! No! Nonono. I don't own anything like that. Nylon? *cringe* I only like cotton. Dramaqueen
(06-08-2017, 04:06 PM)F.U. Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 03:16 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Most of the stuff they come up with is right there in the plans or in the book but nobody pays attention to it.
I have No Idea why they want round boxes for lighting but square every where else, rules for rules most likely

To top it off, the outside receptacle box cannot be plastic, metal only. Don't know why but metal it is.
That's because it is outdoors and considered to be a Wet area so it should also be on a GFI protected circuit as well. Any outlet within a 3 foot radius of a wet area should be protected by GFI, next to a sink, under a sink, outdoor etc..

Learn something new everyday. Now I know why they are in the bath stalls in the barn and in all my bathrooms.
(06-09-2017, 11:06 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 04:06 PM)F.U. Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 03:16 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Most of the stuff they come up with is right there in the plans or in the book but nobody pays attention to it.
I have No Idea why they want round boxes for lighting but square every where else, rules for rules most likely

To top it off, the outside receptacle box cannot be plastic, metal only. Don't know why but metal it is.
That's because it is outdoors and considered to be a Wet area so it should also be on a GFI protected circuit as well. Any outlet within a 3 foot radius of a wet area should be protected by GFI, next to a sink, under a sink, outdoor etc..

Yep, GFCI, Metal box , with waterproof cover.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
Tomorrow will be my OL's and my 34th wedding anniversary. Holy cow I cant believe she put up with my shit for that long!!!

That's a tremendous accomplishment! Congrats!
Thanks Duch.
That is a long time, long enough to be called 1.
My pirates porch has just received a new telescope, the old one went to hell. This one is a Meade that I just got at a yard sale. Twice as big as my old one.
[Image: Meade-Teleskop-N-150-750-MON-2.jpg]

Damn. You must have been thrilled to find a treasure like that at a yard sale.
It was wrapped in a moist black nylon sock covered in large hairy spiders.
(06-10-2017, 06:36 PM)BigMark Wrote: It was wrapped in a moist black nylon sock covered in large hairy spiders.

I see what you did there. 39
Do you prefer hairless spiders?

The only spider I prefer is dead. UghUgh. *skin crawls*