Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RE: the 2017 trivial drivel thread

I get such a sense of satisfaction out of using it. I'm a cleaning freak.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-22-2017, 09:41 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Ooohhhh I LOVE powerwashing stuff!

If I bring the soap and shampoo, would you powerwash me?
My son is a lazy little shit (except when it comes to skateboarding) but he cracks me up. He's game for ANYTHING. Someone got a personal taser...my son was the test dummy, lol. I've bought two of those tennis racket shaped fly killers and I didn't see him test the first one but he did. When I got the second one, I wondered out loud if it would be stronger and two seconds later he taps his leg with it. I could see the shock of that one (his eyes kind of bugged out). He said "yeah, it's stronger" and that it traveled up his leg and exited somewhere near his head.

My problem is aim. I look like an idiot chasing the damn flies down and I never catch one. I've had it for two weeks and I've killed one fly that was nice enough to sit still long enough on my counter for me to nail him.

So back to my son, I'm sharing my car with him. Less and less because I want him to get his own.fucking.car. Obviously sometimes sharing is difficult. The ONLY thing he has to do to get a car is get a job. Any job. We didn't even specify hours job. He's submitted maybe 5 or 6 applications but our unemployment rate is one of the lowest in the country...3% or so? People are hiring everywhere. But work?? It would interfere with his skateboarding.

Everybody in the family (besides me) sort of forgot he was going to junior college in the fall. At 18, he should be taking care of this shit but it occurred to me that I'd better look and sure enough...they're enrolling now. He's already registered but I signed him up for a math assessment Monday, English assessment Tuesday and then he can meet with a counselor 48 hours after that last test (it's walk in counseling appts.). WTF? It's like the entire house was asleep. My daughter who isn't living at home any more still wants me to make Dr. appts for her--and my husband co-signs it!!

I'm going to be wiping their butts till they're 30 at this rate. I'm seriously tired of being a "mommy". "Mom" is ok. I'll always be a mom. But the stuff that they still need help with...that's "mommy" crap and I'm damn tired of that. If my son (or daughter) can't even call and make a Dr's appt., how can they contact a college and ask for information about enrollment? It's absurd!

I've told my husband that I'm NOT going to keep doing this shit for them. And then along comes this "crisis" where my son is going to miss his enrollment period unless he does a series of steps really freaking fast and I'm back sucked in to taking care of him and HIS responsibilities.

I still live in a crazy house. My husband right now is on his 3rd male menopause crisis. He decided a couple months ago to take up hiking (overnight). I noticed when boxes started arriving from REI and other outdoor recreational companies. I said "so you're taking up hiking (camping)"? His response was "NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT! I WAS A BOY SCOUT...I'm just getting back in to it". Anyway he's out in the middle of nowhere, totally unreachable (he decided NOT to buy a SAT phone yet) doing God knows what. As if the man didn't have enough hobbies with karate etc. I never see him. And he's absolutely no help with any of this crap with the kids. I'm trying to figure out why we're married and I can't come up with anything. Even the couple's counselor we've been seeing for about 18 months has sort of dropped it in my lap. Basically, if you're comfortable, you're not fighting and you can have a happy life that doesn't include your husband, you might want to stick around. On the other hand, if you think you can only obtain those things by moving out then you might want to do that. I dunno. I'm not sure I want to divorce him because maybe we can make a deal that we'll take care of each other if we start shitting our pants or something. Plus, I can't imagine dating. I'm fairly convinced that 1) men don't age well and 2) those that did/do are already married.

What would Ramsey do?
Commando Cunt Queen
(07-19-2017, 07:23 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I got the job! And I turned in my notice today and now I have two and a half weeks off with pay!

Very cool, rams. Cheers
(07-23-2017, 12:23 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Very cool, rams. Cheers

HotD? HotD, is it really you? Ohmaigawds I'm so happy to see you! KissKissKiss.
Welcome back HOTD
Thanks Duchess, Six, and Cars. Nice to be able to log in and catch up a little. Miss you all a lot.
User I bet you could catch flies with that tongue of yours just ......zip......and they would be taken care of. And who is the new person posting above me?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Why are my brakes squeaking when I apply them? I just got new brakes, new tires, an oil change, etc. *sigh* Can I just not have any concerns for 24 fucking hours. Please.
Probably because they did not apply the lube to the pins and liners
Shouldn't hurt anything but it sure is irritating
(08-07-2017, 10:32 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Probably because they did not apply the lube to the pins and liners
Shouldn't hurt anything but it sure is irritating

Yeah, it is annoying. Makes my gorgeous car sound like a beater. Ugh.

Mine did the same thing after they changed the breaks. It stopped after a while though.

There are some batshit crazy people in the world and right when I'm on the verge of saying something it occurs to me they could have a gun so I keep it to myself. It's goddamn annoying that I have to take that into consideration these days. I don't even flip the bird at bad drivers any more.
(08-07-2017, 06:48 PM)Duchess Wrote:

There are some batshit crazy people in the world and right when I'm on the verge of saying something it occurs to me they could have a gun so I keep it to myself. It's goddamn annoying that I have to take that into consideration these days. I don't even flip the bird at bad drivers any more.
k

Wise attitude in many ways to help you live longer! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

PleasePleasePlease don't let me see a black widow. Please. Just thinking about it is taking my breath away. Oh God.
(08-13-2017, 11:43 AM)Duchess Wrote:

PleasePleasePlease let me see black widow. Please. Just thinking about her is taking my breath away. Oh God.

Mmmmm....

I'm not watching that, mister. Nooooo. I don't want that image in my head.
Why what's wrong with it?

I think they put spiders on her in their effort to get her talk. I think that because of the title of the video. Spider terrorists. I am not watching spiders be terrorists. The only good spider is a dead spider and I don't want to see them then either. Fuckin' things. *shudder*
That is a completely rational fear, I feel for you.

[Image: af6837f08f031186928e7c87c3fd0ade.gif]