Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RE: the 2017 trivial drivel thread
(01-30-2017, 04:01 PM)sally Wrote: you wanted me to take it myself.

I knew it wouldn't hurt you, it's RX Amoxicillian.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I trapped him and took him to the vet. He's got cat AIDS (FIV) which most cats can live with, but he's got other things going on. His lungs don't sound good, he has numerous sores in his mouth and there may be something with his kidneys. I'm up to about 500 bucks now. If the blood work comes back really bad I might have to euthanize him.

I hate the thought that I tapped the poor cat just to kill him.
Next time try trapping.
Oh for fuck's sake. Trapped, I meant trapped!
The cat died under the crawl space of my house. How long will it take for the smell to go away, Maggot? I figure you know these things. Or should I man up and go under there and try to bury it? I don't know that I have the stomach to do that since it's already smelling really bad.
Omg I can't go down there crawling through the dirt with a flash light trying to find a dead cat. But my house smells like I'm hiding a dead body and I imagine it's going to get worse. Fuck.
Sally pay someone who will go and sort that shit out. Must smell like hell. What if you get an infestation of flies and bugs? Pay the man already.
That sucks about the cat, sally.

I don't think animal control will find and remove dead animals from private property, at least they don't where I live.

If your husband or son is better equipped to do it than you, I'd go hang out at the coffee shop today until they get home, or make sure to have a lot of Febreze on hand.
(02-07-2017, 10:34 AM)sally Wrote: Omg I can't go down there crawling through the dirt with a flash light trying to find a dead cat. But my house smells like I'm hiding a dead body and I imagine it's going to get worse. Fuck.

Get some lime and try and dump it on the body depending on how far in it is. I had to use one of my pool sticks to try and pull the skunk out but he kept falling apart so i just dumped the lime on him with a bucket at the end of a handle and threw dirt on it after. He was only 12-14 ft in though.

(not a pool stick but a pool stick that extends out 18 ft)
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I'm pretty sure cat tastes better with Lemon.
Be happy that you will get paid the same amount as a man in this case.
Man, that's going to be bad. In this weather that dead cat will smell for a couple weeks.
You need to pay someone or blackmail the hubby, maybe bribe him to get that thing out of there
Does the neighbor have a pool? Steal his pool dip net.
I have had to do this several times for possums, cats, eguanas, rats....nasty job
I have an animal service guy coming to remove it for 200. My husband is going to be a bit grumpy about this as I just paid the vet $600 trying to save the cat instead of euthanizing it.
And THAT is how a Cat pays you back.
Friggin women!! 106
The guy got him. I liked that cat and I'm not a cat person. Always had dogs as pets.

I cried about it, but I didn't let anyone see me. They already think I'm crazy.
(02-07-2017, 10:25 AM)sally Wrote: The cat died under the crawl space of my house.

Aww, I know you cared about it, you've been feeding it for a long time. I'm glad you gave it a place to call home, Sally, not all animals are that lucky. I'm so sorry, you cranky old bat. You know I'm sincere. 72
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-07-2017, 01:05 PM)sally Wrote: I have an animal service guy coming to remove it for 200. My husband is going to be a bit grumpy about this as I just paid the vet $600 trying to save the cat instead of euthanizing it.

It's ok Sal. You did the right thing. At least you know the cat died naturally. It went away to die. Glad you are getting the guy to come and get it.
(02-07-2017, 01:05 PM)sally Wrote: I have an animal service guy coming to remove it for 200. My husband is going to be a bit grumpy about this as I just paid the vet $600 trying to save the cat instead of euthanizing it.

You should have had me do it. I would have done it for good tasting FOOD. It would have cost way less than $200.
You wouldn't fit under there. Maybe in a year or so but not today. But I bet Sally would feed you anyways for the effort.