Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
RE: the 2017 trivial drivel thread
Maggot Offline
Supermod

RE: RE: the 2017 trivial drivel thread

I watched a bald eagle swoop into my maple trees when I was out picking grapes today.

09-10-2017 08:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

I frequently see them. I saw one just this morning flying above the farm when I came home. It was beautiful, an eagle ballet. I've seen one eating a dead deer too. Did you know that their nest is the size of a queen size bed? Ah-mazing. I used to watch the Decorah eagles on the raptor webcam egg laying through fledgling.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
09-23-2017 02:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Maggot Offline
Supermod

When I walk along the river I see their nests. They are huge! I see a few young ones flying around where their heads are not white yet. They are basically vultures that eat road kill and sometimes I see them eating something in the meridian strip.They look good but are scavengers like Ben Franklin commented on. He wanted Turkeys to be the national bird. Turkeys are smart birds. But not as pretty.

09-23-2017 08:08 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

My house smells like my Meme's house. Onions, peppers. I believe its the ultimate compliment as I have not smelled it in years. The Professor is cooking an old Canadian recipe and it smells like memories.

09-23-2017 08:55 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Ah, scent memories. I haz 'em.

I think that's why I like sandalwood so much. It's the smell of my Dad. So much happiness associated with that smell.

09-24-2017 05:26 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

She showed me a picture on her cellphone and asked, "what kind of spider is this"? It looked like it had a hundred babies clinging to its back. *shudders* There is just so much fuckedupness in one picture. Goddamn I can't stand it. My skin is crawling. Fucking hell.

09-30-2017 06:09 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I just read that karma is pronounced Ha Ha Fuck You.hah I love that!

10-06-2017 12:16 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

To Kill A Mockingbird has been removed from a reading list in a Mississippi school district after the district received complaints that some of the language made people uncomfortable. Jesus Christ.

Story

10-14-2017 11:37 AM

Clang McFly Offline
Title Bureau Fat Fuck

(10-14-2017 11:37 AM)Duchess Wrote:  

To Kill A Mockingbird has been removed from a reading list in a Mississippi school district after the district received complaints that some of the language made people uncomfortable. Jesus Christ.

Story

That's sad. They'll never be able to scout how truly outrageous Jem is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3kzivfaOaE
10-14-2017 04:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Jimbone Offline
Now with more intolerance!

Fucking ridiculous - just because the word 'nigger' is in it?

Asshole fragile snowflakes. If they bothered to know the book they'd know the message is anything but sensationalizing or glorifying the use of the word 'nigger'.

They are likely the same parents who let their kids listen to music that has the word 'nigger', 'ho', 'bitch', etc.

10-15-2017 05:10 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(10-14-2017 04:49 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:  

Story

Smiley_emoticons_smile

Scout is one of my favorite literary characters. Sure, she was a precocious little cuss, but I say “‘at a cuss!’” to her.

To the whiny censors, I say oh ‘boo!’ or ‘baba’ even.

If they think Jem and Scout are too much for young curious brains, Holden and Phoebe must really give the book-burners a fucking coronary.

Anyway, seriously, it’s a great novel that has succeeded in getting scores of teens interested in literature and civil rights for decades. Language that’s offensive by today’s standards should simply be an opportunity for good teachers and parents to provide historical context.

10-15-2017 05:48 PM

Clang McFly Offline
Title Bureau Fat Fuck

(10-15-2017 05:48 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  
(10-14-2017 04:49 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:  

Story

Smiley_emoticons_smile

Scout is one of my favorite literary characters. Sure, she was a precocious little cuss, but I say “‘at a cuss!’” to her.

To the whiny censors, I say oh ‘boo!’ or ‘baba’ even.

If they think Jem and Scout are too much for young curious brains, Holden and Phoebe must really give the book-burners a fucking coronary.

Anyway, seriously, it’s a great novel that has succeeded in getting scores of teens interested in literature and civil rights for decades. Language that’s offensive by today’s standards should simply be an opportunity for good teachers and parents to provide historical context.

Agreed. What's next on the book ban list, A Tale of Two Cities?90

Let's erase that past and not learn from it.Sarcasm01

10-16-2017 10:39 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

I have to say BM is a funny bastard.

[Image: Jg0gWBo.gif]

10-17-2017 12:39 PM

Clang McFly Offline
Title Bureau Fat Fuck

hah

10-17-2017 08:48 PM