Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RE: the 2017 trivial drivel thread
When I walk along the river I see their nests. They are huge! I see a few young ones flying around where their heads are not white yet. They are basically vultures that eat road kill and sometimes I see them eating something in the meridian strip.They look good but are scavengers like Ben Franklin commented on. He wanted Turkeys to be the national bird. Turkeys are smart birds. But not as pretty.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
My house smells like my Meme's house. Onions, peppers. I believe its the ultimate compliment as I have not smelled it in years. The Professor is cooking an old Canadian recipe and it smells like memories.

Ah, scent memories. I haz 'em.

I think that's why I like sandalwood so much. It's the smell of my Dad. So much happiness associated with that smell.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

She showed me a picture on her cellphone and asked, "what kind of spider is this"? It looked like it had a hundred babies clinging to its back. *shudders* There is just so much fuckedupness in one picture. Goddamn I can't stand it. My skin is crawling. Fucking hell.

I just read that karma is pronounced Ha Ha Fuck You.hah I love that!

To Kill A Mockingbird has been removed from a reading list in a Mississippi school district after the district received complaints that some of the language made people uncomfortable. Jesus Christ.

Story
(10-14-2017, 11:37 AM)Duchess Wrote:

To Kill A Mockingbird has been removed from a reading list in a Mississippi school district after the district received complaints that some of the language made people uncomfortable. Jesus Christ.

Story

That's sad. They'll never be able to scout how truly outrageous Jem is.
Fucking ridiculous - just because the word 'nigger' is in it?

Asshole fragile snowflakes. If they bothered to know the book they'd know the message is anything but sensationalizing or glorifying the use of the word 'nigger'.

They are likely the same parents who let their kids listen to music that has the word 'nigger', 'ho', 'bitch', etc.
(10-14-2017, 04:49 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Story

Smiley_emoticons_smile

Scout is one of my favorite literary characters. Sure, she was a precocious little cuss, but I say “‘at a cuss!’” to her.

To the whiny censors, I say oh ‘boo!’ or ‘baba’ even.

If they think Jem and Scout are too much for young curious brains, Holden and Phoebe must really give the book-burners a fucking coronary.

Anyway, seriously, it’s a great novel that has succeeded in getting scores of teens interested in literature and civil rights for decades. Language that’s offensive by today’s standards should simply be an opportunity for good teachers and parents to provide historical context.
(10-15-2017, 05:48 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 04:49 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Story

Smiley_emoticons_smile

Scout is one of my favorite literary characters. Sure, she was a precocious little cuss, but I say “‘at a cuss!’” to her.

To the whiny censors, I say oh ‘boo!’ or ‘baba’ even.

If they think Jem and Scout are too much for young curious brains, Holden and Phoebe must really give the book-burners a fucking coronary.

Anyway, seriously, it’s a great novel that has succeeded in getting scores of teens interested in literature and civil rights for decades. Language that’s offensive by today’s standards should simply be an opportunity for good teachers and parents to provide historical context.

Agreed. What's next on the book ban list, A Tale of Two Cities?90

Let's erase that past and not learn from it.Sarcasm01
I have to say BM is a funny bastard.

[Image: Jg0gWBo.gif]
hah

I wonder how long I've been walking around with my zipper down this morning. Goddamnit! Please don't let the stone mason have seen that. Ugh.
Go check the barndoor!

That's not the first time that's happened to me but it's been quite awhile since the last. *sigh*
Spending money on birthday stuff for sullen teenagers is hard as fuck.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(11-04-2017, 10:33 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I wonder how long I've been walking around with my zipper down this morning. Goddamnit! Please don't let the stone mason have seen that. Ugh.

My co-workers didn't tell me my shirt was inside out until the end of the day. So embarrassed I didn't notice it sooner.

That's what I get for sometimes wearing lady shirts that have the buttons on the left instead of the right.
(11-04-2017, 10:33 AM)Duchess Wrote:

(11-04-2017, 11:39 AM)Duchess Wrote:

That's not the first time that's happened to me but it's been quite awhile since the last. *sigh*

It only goes "down hill" from here! hahSmiley_emoticons_stummSmiley_emoticons_fiesSmiley_emoticons_skeptischSmiley_emoticons_biggrin
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Maggottyboo, didn't you have a thread about things you had picked up at yard sales/estate auctions/etc? I'm looking for it. I want to talk to you about vintage wooden boxes.
(11-27-2017, 05:19 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Maggottyboo, didn't you have a thread about things you had picked up at yard sales/estate auctions/etc? I'm looking for it. I want to talk to you about vintage wooden boxes.

Let me pop this to the top and I will fetch it for you my Queen.

As you requested oh mighty one with hair like the golden sands of Arabia that eclipse even the sun. Blowing-kisses

yard sales