Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
From Al Jazeera (yes I read it)

India's ruling Bharatiya Janata Party acknowledges that the currency's fall is a matter of concern, but dismisses doomsayers' predictions for the economy.

It insists the economic fundamentals remain sound, with some saying the rupee's depreciation will help make exports more competitive and reduce imports.

"Rupee is not weakening, rather it is the dollar strengthening against all other currencies," ruling party spokesperson Zafar Islam told Al Jazeera.

"In fact, India is in a much better position than other countries like Turkey and Argentina who have huge external debt and hence much more exposed to currency risk than us," he adds.

"The fall in the value of the rupee has also helped our exports. This month's export figures are stronger than expectations."
(09-14-2018, 11:09 AM)Maggot Wrote: As most Americans have seen through the media and through various articles involving Trump the blatant hypocrisy is now shining through as compared to the day after he was elected. It is now part of the dialog between the liberal camps as they try to "Out Trump" each other on a daily basis. People see this today and toss it off as quite a bit of untrue statements by the leftist propaganda press as they attack the President. I myself have begun to chuckle at the chumps as they roll out their adjectives to describe everything he does from waving at a crowd to eating ice cream. 

All this as Trump quietly improves the economy, adjusts the foreign policy, and level the playing field for all Americans, even the ones that are the biggest cheerleaders for his imagined PC "racist" attitude.

Yes EVERYTHING is pathologised and with evil intent. Two scoops of icecream and feeding a fish
I don't know why it's such a big surprise, you've seen his personality for years before he came POTUS, you think he would magically change his personality after? His personality is why he won, like I predicted. He's screwing some shit up, but not worse than any other president. He's a puppet and so are all of you. When you come to that realization you'll stop caring.

But it gives everyone something to talk about and fulfills their boring ass lives so I guess something good comes out of it.
'
I think you're right that the Trump loyalists are part of a cult of personality, sal.

I accept that and am not surprised when his loyalists defend and excuse anything he does, no matter what.

But, you're wrong about it making me apathetic.

You're also wrong about his idiocy being a relief from boredom. I'm never bored.

I'll continue to support President Trump when I think what he says or does is in the best interests of our country.

However, I'll never be apathetic when I'm convinced that what he says or does jeopardizes the foundations of our democratic republic. And, I don't agree with you that his degree of idiocy is the same as the ocassional idiocy of presidents before him.

I know our country's history and I thus know better.
Omg, george w bush. Really?

Not to mention Clinton that got all the banks bailed out. He's the one the passed the law that anyone can get a loan regardless their income. Bush got handed that shit. Not that it made Bush any better, but I know the country's history too and there have been way more fuck ups than that idiot Trump.

And there always will be, as long as Americans are happy as pigs in shit watching it like it's a Jerry Springer show.
George W did some fucked up shit, no doubt about it.

He let Cheney and Rumsfeld convince him and our allies that Hussein had WMDs and that Iraq was behind the Al-qaeda 911 attacks.

That bullshit narrative conveniently ignored that fact that it was our lucrative Saudi allies who created the terrorists behind the attacks.

As a result, the U.S. invaded countries who were not directly responsible, causing thousands of deaths in Iraq, Afghanistan, and among the allied forces from U.S., Europe, and Australia. Sadly, the resultant profitable war machine continues to this day. Unforgivable.

Those are facts which I'll never excuse or minimize. The United States was a lying war monger.

However, I do not think that idiocy and corruption is as risky to the foundations of our democracy as the President promoting policies which pit U.S. citizens against each other for political gain, along with allowing/excusing adversarial governments to penetrate and influence our elections and policies for personal gain.
Trump hasn't even been in office two years and he's done plenty of damage. Imagine if he has eight years to really fuck us up.
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
What "damage" has he done and how do you define that "damage"?
He aint that risky, the same people that run him ran every president before him. The media has a parade and they fool the public. They switch shit around like health care for example and it's only to please the insurance companies. Watching the news and everything this stupid fuck does day after day will steal your soul. You people are so wrapped up in it and so passionate about it, but you can't wrap your brain around it that nothing will ever change. You are controlled by the higher up and that will remain no matter how many internet arguments you get into.

OMG, Trump did a fist pump. Really? That's what you're worried about? What if he was digging in his ass, I guess that would be a big hoopla too.
Bullshit sal.

Trump is the only President in my lifetime who creates and promotes an alternative reality to secure/maintain his presidency. It's not an occasional big or small lie, it's a presidency built on bullshit and lies.

I could list hundreds of examples. It happens every fucking day.

We've got a citizenry where 30+% of the country believes bullshit over facts because Trump tells them so and they don't like reality. That's dangerous to our future, in my view.
It seems the whole world gets sick pleasure off it, but nothing changes. I don't usually want to be a part of it, but after a few vinos I got a little something to say I guess.
(09-14-2018, 09:51 PM)sally Wrote: It seems the whole world gets sick pleasure off it, but nothing changes. I don't usually want to be a part of it, but after a few vinos I got a little something to say I guess.

Yeah, I agree that it's sick.   

But it's not pleasurable, to me. Far from it.

I just don't think it should be ignored and written off as "they all do it, so let's just bury our heads in the sand and let it go".
(09-14-2018, 09:48 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Bullshit sal.

Trump is the only President in my lifetime who creates and promotes an alternative reality to secure/maintain his presidency. It's not an occasional big or small lie, it's a presidency built on bullshit and lies.

I could list hundreds of examples.  It happens every  fucking day.

We've got a citizenry where 30+% of the country believes bullshit over facts because Trump tells them so and they don't like reality.  That's dangerous to our future, in my view.

Well it's dangerous to our immigrants and that's what I hate about him the most. I welcome them and the focus should be on violent criminals rather than working illegal or not or coming here for asylum. He's making a fucking mess. He's not going to get re-elected though. Mark my words. In the mean time everything will be ok unless you're Guatemalan.
He will get re-elected and illegal immigrants should be concerned but not immigrants by and large.
(09-15-2018, 03:52 AM)Fry Guy Wrote: He will get re-elected

He'll be lucky if he completes a full presidential term. I expect him to be indicted for money laundering at some point. To be clear, I'm not one who is clamoring for him to be impeached, there are more important things to be considering at this point.

The best is yet to come. The circle is getting tighter around trump and it's only a matter of time before it's his family's time in the barrel.

I don't think I've ever said "I told you so" to anyone but I'll make an exception for some of you and have fun doing so. It will begin with, HaHaFuckinHa.   39
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It MAY come to pass and the chances of it happening are heightened IF Democrats win the House and more so if they win the House and Senate. But I REALLY do not think that is going to happen.

In fact judging by the links they are finding on the Democrat side and on the Intelligence Community side, as much as details and redacted information is slow walked and every obstructive measure to delay and run interference on things coming out.

I think by the time TRUMP IS DONE with THEM, that many assumptions that have been propagated will be seen to have been calculated projections of other's malfeasance.

The ties between Bruce Ohr, Nellie Ohr, Lisa Page, Peter Strozk and a host of other people in the three lettered intelligence agencies and Fusion GPS, and DNC, and Hillary's campaign and Christopher Steele and other foreign actors, and the efforts these people did to try to bring down an elected President is all coming out and will continue to come out. They have all started rolling on each other. Regardless whether Trump or Pence is at the helm, big names are going down and this will be a body blow to the Democrats.
Pence is no better than trump and in some ways worse, he knows how to fly under the radar. Manafort recommended Pence as VP. Pence ran the transition team. I'd like to know if he has spoken to Special Counsel Mueller or his team yet. If he has, I'd bet a lot that he lied to the Feds. They're all sketchy, lying bastards.
(09-14-2018, 06:26 PM)BigMark Wrote: From Al Jazeera (yes I read it)

hah   You said that like you expected to be mocked for it. Had you said you got your news from FOX I would have been all over that shit like a fat kid on a ham sammich.
Manafort - pleaded guilty

Flynn - pleaded guilty

Gates - pleaded guilty

Papadopoulos - pleaded guilty

Pinedo - pleaded guilty

Van Der Zwaan - pleaded guilty

All connected to trump - his campaign chairman, his national security advisor, his deputy campaign manager, his foreign policy advisor, etc.
What were the criminal ties to Trump and what Russia collusion to the Trump campaign to win the 2016 election.

Saying they were targeted by and found guilty of something is neither here nor there.

Does actually give Trump and his cronies the precedent to go after all of the Clintonmachine just as hard.