Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
(10-27-2018, 01:26 PM)Love Child Wrote: There is something about his constant appraisal of law enforcement during times of crisis that doesn't sit right with me. It is like he is praising them constantly and wanting their approval-but I feel he leaves out the citezens that are also working hard to get their town back in order after whatever happened.
Rudy Guiliani praised the fire fighters, law enforcement after 9-11 and he made some great statements then-I honestly feel like Trump is trying to follow in those footsteps and it doesn't feel sincere, and something feels off about it.

Please don't misunderstand me in this comment-there is nothing wrong with honoring or praising those that sacrifice their lives or put their lives on the line for us every day. That is not what I am saying at all-I am just saying that the way Trump does it-seems off.

He is consistent in both his words and actions. Anything more is you presuming his feelings.
Trump knows the words and he's probably been coached but it still doesn't come naturally to him.
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
@Fry Guy, do you mean also when he said he could shoot someone and people would still vote for him?
Depends on who he shot, duh.
(10-27-2018, 08:07 PM)Rootilda Wrote: Trump knows the words and he's probably been coached but it still doesn't come naturally to him.

Great "guessing what I wrote" there Lapdog. I thought I was blocked Smiley_emoticons_wink
(10-27-2018, 08:22 PM)Love Child Wrote: @Fry Guy, do you mean also when he said he could shoot someone and people would still vote for him?

Well that would be the natural conclusion.....if you were an idiot.

His words and actions are consistent in respect to law enforcement (which you and I and everyone else knows is the EXACT context of what we were talking about - and "no" you were not confused about thinking for some reason I now wanted to apply that in the most absolute and literal terms to everything he has ever said or ever will say). He has always said that he respects the military, armed forces and the police force. Every action he does backs this. All that you have to counter this is A) you do not like him and b) you want to read the worst into his internal feelings and thoughts.

But back to your original point. Given that:
A) I had been talking in the exact context of exactly what we were talking about which is you believing that his actions and words praising the law enforcement "seemed off".
B) Given that his words and actions in his praising of law enforcement has been consistent
C) Given that there is nothing but subjective interpretation of your believes of how genuinely he holds these purported feelings
D) Given that in the context of the discussion "He is consistent in both his words and actions. Anything more is you presuming his feelings." This is not (right or wrong) an incredible leap of logical or incendiary statement
E) There was no good reason to presume this consistency would suddenly apply in the most literal and generalised way to all his words and actions about everything;

Why did you ask "@Fry Guy, do you mean also when he said he could shoot someone and people would still vote for him?" because you clearly do not think I meant that (for all the reasons above) and you asked the question anyway?
Wow, you are so intense.
(10-28-2018, 03:06 PM)Love Child Wrote: Wow, you are so intense.

Not really, I like calling bullshit when I see it. So the question remains, "Why did you ask "@Fry Guy, do you mean also when he said he could shoot someone and people would still vote for him?" because you clearly do not think I meant that (for all the reasons above) and you asked the question anyway?"

We know the answer don't we?
Of course I do not know what Trump thinks or feels. I have only his Tweets and speeches to go on.

I don't know what you think or feel either.

My statement about him saying he could shoot someone-was actually a reflection on the events in these past weeks. It was more so about that-than your comment about his consistency in words and actions.

Trumps hand has not pulled the trigger on a gun this week.

Those words he spoke are reprehensible. To suggest that he could shoot someone-who would he shoot? Anyway, to suggest that he could shoot someone in plain daylight and people would still vote for him is also an insult to those that do vote for him.

People are responsible for their own acts of violence that occured this week. They can't blame someone else for pulling the trigger. I feel that the president does not stand up to these acts of violence strong enough. Saying that the Democrats do the same-is NOT the answer either. He must be above all of that.
I edited the above statement about Trump not pulling the trigger on a gun this week. I don't know if Trump has or has not ever used a gun or pulled a trigger on a gun to shoot a person or an animal or a target or the air for that matter.
(10-28-2018, 05:08 PM)Love Child Wrote: Of course I do not know what Trump thinks or feels. I have only his Tweets and speeches to go on.

I don't know what you think or feel either.

My statement about him saying he could shoot someone-was actually a reflection on the events in these past weeks. It was more so about that-than your comment about his consistency in words and actions.

Trumps hand has not pulled the trigger on a gun this week.

Those words he spoke are reprehensible. To suggest that he could shoot someone-who would he shoot? Anyway, to suggest that he could shoot someone in plain daylight and people would still vote for him is also an insult to those that do vote for him.

People are responsible for their own acts of violence that occured this week. They can't blame someone else for pulling the trigger. I feel that the president does not stand up to these acts of violence strong enough. Saying that the Democrats do the same-is NOT the answer either. He must be above all of that.

Words are not violence.
As for him using that particular phrase, so fucking what?
It was not to be taken literally. It was him saying to those that were trying to imply that his supporters support was not strong, that it was very strong.

Only very stupid people believed he wanted to actually shoot someone or that shooting people was good or anything like.

Some non-Trump supporters got bent out of shape like they do about everything he says. But not only was he right that his supporters support him strongly but there was nothing wrong with the expression.

Pretending that "you only have his words to go on" is dishonest and stupid and a standard you use with no one else in the world. No one else.

Jokes, allegory, metaphor, similies, inferences, suggestions and such are what you afford to everyone because to do otherwise is to greet the world in the confusion an Autistic person has.

So not only did you not for one moment think that when I was clearly identifying his consistency with his actions and words in context of law enforcement, but because you are not Autistic and not completely stupid, you know that the phrase made all those months and tears ago about shooting someone was NOT to be taken literally and you did not take it that way.

I get that you did not like the expression and maybe it conjured up bad imagery and perhaps you thought that kind of phrase unbecoming of a President but as it was not understood as a literal expression, why are you pretending otherwise and to who's benefit?
After reading your first sentence about "Words are not violence" I am done speaking with you.
(10-28-2018, 09:21 PM)Love Child Wrote: After reading your first sentence about "Words are not violence" I am done speaking with you.

Someone called me a bad name once. I barely survived the assault.
I'm pretty sure it was more than once.  hah
(10-28-2018, 09:21 PM)Love Child Wrote: After reading your first sentence about "Words are not violence" I am done speaking with you.

You should consider blocking him, it makes reading here much more pleasant.
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
Thank you for the suggestion. I don't have a reason to block Fry Guy or anyone else here for that matter. Though I have done that at other boards because some posters are just annoying. I am sure people have blocked me at times as well. (In those places)
(10-28-2018, 10:08 PM)BigMark Wrote: I'm pretty sure it was more than once.  hah

Yes, it was really triggering. I managed to crawl into my safe space and heal.
(10-28-2018, 05:56 PM)Fry Guy Wrote: Words are not violence.

Listen up, mister. Disturbed, fringe characters listen to him and they believe him. That fat, dumb fuck bears some responsibility for some of the crap that goes down. trump & FOX news are a goddamn menace to our country.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Maybe if Trump had done something like this to Obamas head I would think he was a violent kind of guy.

[Image: kathy_griffin_bloody_trump.jpg]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
He encourages violence at every klan rally he has.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]