Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
Steel has gone down a little Aluminum is up, Copper is down and magnesium is down. It's better than it was at the beginning of the year. I'm paying .68 per lbs for G-60 Galvanized It was almost .80 earlier this year. And have used over 500,000 lbs or 250 tons (preliminary net figure) new foundries are on the board right now with 2 almost back up.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
That's awesome, new foundries opening up? WOW!
Steel has gone down a little...   hah

[Image: lfLGA8Q.png]
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
(12-24-2018, 12:50 AM)Rootilda Wrote: Steel has gone down a little...   hah

hah   *high five*

An over 27% increase is not a little, not by rational people's standards anyway and steel isn't the only thing costing more these days.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The AP is reporting this morning that trump has just made an offer to Democrats for less money for his wall.   28
Sorry for the double post, I didn't notice it at the time.

Here's a scathing analysis of Trump that some of you might enjoy reading.  I particularly liked this bit:

It’s so easy to see the shape of what Trump wants in the ways that he lies and lies about what is—in the way he gooses crowd numbers, in the way he tells stories about strong men weeping at his feet in gratitude for all he’s done for this country, in the gap-intensive conspiracies and bizarre causal helixes that he invents to explain away his failures. What’s most striking about Trump’s lies, beyond their overwhelming volume and bombast, is how they reflect his own monomania. So Many Are Saying various things that somehow all wind up being about him; they’re Saying It More And More because there is nothing else and no one else that he could imagine anyone wanting to talk about. The metastasizing They that opposes him grows by the day, and cares about him every bit as much as he cares about himself. They will do, are always somewhere doing, whatever it takes to make him look like an idiot who fucks up and lies constantly. Nothing, certainly not the lives of any number of strangers or whatever is left of any national ideal, is more important than the survival of his most obvious throwaway fantasy.

Everything returns to him, sometimes along a longer arc than others, but always in good time. His obliterating vanity can sometimes give this a darkly comic aspect, as when he was hilariously and transparently jealous of the few days of theatrical bipartisan mourning that followed John McCain’s death, but it is generally too ghoulish to laugh at. Trump’s engagement with the world is fundamentally an envious one—other people possess what should be his, everything that is not him is just getting in his way. This is why his response to the challenge of his office seems to top out at blustering and uncomprehending impatience. Those opiate deaths and wildfires and our fortnightly mass shootings are Quite Frankly So Tragic, but it is palpable that the only real response Trump has to them is that they distract from what everyone had been talking about before, which was and by rights should continue to be him.

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/this-i...1830329753
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
That bitch is going down and I'm delighted to have a front row seat to witness the misery first hand.

Holy shit balls, this must be what the Romans in the Colosseum felt like! SEND IN THE LIONS! Ahahahaha!
My retirement account has decreased by $23,000 over the last 6 months.   Crying-into-tissue

Normally, I wouldn't blame the President for stock market fluctuations.  But, Trump took credit for the gains when most Presidents know better.

And, he chose to engage in trade wars which experts advised him against, plus he's attempting to intervene with the independent Federal Reserve.  He needs to stay the hell out of it, he's just adding more uncertainty with his stupid railings against Jerome Powell.

So, Trump owns some of the downturn, in my view.  Not all of it though -- the country had been in very healthy recovery mode for 10 years and some downward corrections were inevitable.
(12-24-2018, 12:50 AM)Rootilda Wrote: Steel has gone down a little...   hah

Be that as it may Galv flat steel has gone down since the beginning of the year although they did go up when the tariffs were imposed the steel industry is finding other sources. besides many East coast steel distributors were not buying cheap Chinese steel I believe it was only 10% Chinese. Not sure what the west coast was buying from them.

mill steel expansion
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(12-24-2018, 01:11 PM)Rootilda Wrote: Sorry for the double post, I didn't notice it at the time.

Here's a scathing analysis of Trump that some of you might enjoy reading.  I particularly liked this bit:

It’s so easy to see the shape of what Trump wants in the ways that he lies and lies about what is—in the way he gooses crowd numbers, in the way he tells stories about strong men weeping at his feet in gratitude for all he’s done for this country, in the gap-intensive conspiracies and bizarre causal helixes that he invents to explain away his failures. What’s most striking about Trump’s lies, beyond their overwhelming volume and bombast, is how they reflect his own monomania. So Many Are Saying various things that somehow all wind up being about him; they’re Saying It More And More because there is nothing else and no one else that he could imagine anyone wanting to talk about. The metastasizing They that opposes him grows by the day, and cares about him every bit as much as he cares about himself. They will do, are always somewhere doing, whatever it takes to make him look like an idiot who fucks up and lies constantly. Nothing, certainly not the lives of any number of strangers or whatever is left of any national ideal, is more important than the survival of his most obvious throwaway fantasy.

Everything returns to him, sometimes along a longer arc than others, but always in good time. His obliterating vanity can sometimes give this a darkly comic aspect, as when he was hilariously and transparently jealous of the few days of theatrical bipartisan mourning that followed John McCain’s death, but it is generally too ghoulish to laugh at. Trump’s engagement with the world is fundamentally an envious one—other people possess what should be his, everything that is not him is just getting in his way. This is why his response to the challenge of his office seems to top out at blustering and uncomprehending impatience. Those opiate deaths and wildfires and our fortnightly mass shootings are Quite Frankly So Tragic, but it is palpable that the only real response Trump has to them is that they distract from what everyone had been talking about before, which was and by rights should continue to be him.

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/this-i...1830329753

A Trump hating left leaning magazine wrote a Trump hating left leaning article. That has never happened. They are obviously true, unbiased, and moral advancers of society. The took a big risk side with mainstream establishment and regurgitating these talking points
(12-24-2018, 01:20 PM)Duchess Wrote: That bitch is going down and I'm delighted to have a front row seat to witness the misery first hand.

Holy shit balls, this must be what the Romans in the Colosseum felt like! SEND IN THE LIONS! Ahahahaha!

He will be stepping aside for a new President.....in 2024.
He won't even finish out his first term. He's a fuckin' menace and a threat to our national security.
Sure he will. You will oppose him every step of the way and I will support him every step of the way.
(12-25-2018, 04:44 AM)Duchess Wrote: He won't even finish out his first term. He's a fuckin' menace and a threat to our national security.

If he does survive the next two years, hopefully the 2020 election will be well-monitored to quash illegal foreign intervention + voter suppression and he'll be voted out (if he runs).
What was the ACTUAL result or effect of "illegal foreign intervention"?
I've never presumed to know how much the interference and suppression efforts affected the 2016 presidential election or the 2018 midterm elections.

What I do know is that those efforts were undertaken and they remain ongoing.  So, obviously, the people behind them believe they pay off.

Regardless, free and fair elections are a key element of democracy, including the U.S.'s representative democracy.  I hope to see serious preventative and punitive election protections implemented in the lead up to 2020 and beyond.
Russians and others have interfered in every election since before the cold war. They tried to hack voting machines and failed. They make facebook ads. The effect was neglible
So, the Dr. who rented office space from trump's father Fred wrote a get out of war note for trump as a favor to Fred. How 'bout that shit. trump is a draft dodger.
To be fair, Bill Clinton is a draft dodger also.
*gasp* That bastard. That's so shameful.