Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
HairOfTheDog Offline

RE: THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

More Republican lawmakers are starting to carry out their responsibilities to check the Executive, BUT only Republicans who have already announced they're not running for re-election.

Hopefully, after the midterm elections in November when other Republican congresspersons won't have to fear being undermined by President Trump in their re-election bids, more of them will start doing their jobs.

Here's what's happening:

Trade/Tariffs:
Tennessee Senator Bob Corker introduced a bipartisan bill today that would give Congress new authority to check the president’s trade moves, going forward with the legislation despite a personal appeal from President Trump to back off. Corker’s bill would require congressional approval when the president enacts tariffs under the auspices of national security, as Trump did last week in imposing levies on aluminum and steel imports from Canada, Mexico and the European Union. The legislation is the most forceful congressional response to date to Trump’s protectionist trade agenda. For the first time, at least some Republicans are uniting behind a concrete plan to force the president to change course on trade, after months of pleas and appeals achieved little.

The development comes as Trump prepares to travel to Quebec for a meeting of the Group of Seven nations, a gathering expected to include confrontations between Trump and foreign leaders — including close U.S. allies and major trading partners — over the president’s tariffs and other policies. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/busi...eeb7554207

Trump's Conspiracy Theories to Discredit Russia Investigation:
Last week, former prosecutor Trey Gowdy, one of few Congresspersons to see the confidential information, stated that he saw nothing to support Trump's "spygate" rhetoric.

Gowdy stated that U.S. government counter-intelligence (then under the Obama adminstration) did exactly what American citizens should want them to do when there was credible information that Russian operatives were attempting to work the Trump campaign in order to sway the U.S. presidential election.

Today, House Speaker Paul Ryan was asked about Gowdy's statement, for which Gowdy was criticized roundly by Trump's strongest congressional supporters. Ryan said that, based on all he's seen, there is nothing to contradict Gowdy's assessment. https://www.wsj.com/articles/paul-ryan-l...1528304716

06-06-2018 08:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

BigMark Offline
Mocker

Summer just came out with a fragrance. Stale beer, cucumber and vinegar with a hint of desperation.

06-06-2018 09:33 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Prepare to die.

trump on his preparation for upcoming summit with Kim Jong Un: "I think I'm very well prepared. I don’t think I have to prepare very much. It’s about attitude.”

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
06-07-2018 12:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Clang McFly Offline
Title Bureau Fat Fuck

(06-07-2018 12:47 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

Prepare to die.

trump on his preparation for upcoming summit with Kim Jong Un: "I think I'm very well prepared. I don’t think I have to prepare very much. It’s about attitude.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3kzivfaOaE
06-07-2018 01:23 PM

ZEROSPHERES Offline
Geschlechtslos

(06-06-2018 12:58 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:  
(06-06-2018 12:32 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

trump has pardoned Alice Johnson who was serving a life sentence for a nonviolent drug offense. Thank you.

It’s about time.

(To quote a favorite Happy Gilmore line of mine).

She was caught trafficking 7 kilos of cocaine. She surely doesn't care much about the harm she was causing. I hope she doesn't go back to her old ways.

[Image: giphy.gif]
06-07-2018 04:50 PM

ZEROSPHERES Offline
Geschlechtslos

(06-07-2018 12:47 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

Prepare to die.

We can all trust President Clouseau has everything under control.

06-07-2018 04:53 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(06-07-2018 04:53 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote:  We can all trust President Clouseau has everything under control.

I read that Seb Gorka, Sean Hannity & Dennis Rodman are on a plane to Singapore. hah I haven't taken the time to verify that but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

06-07-2018 06:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Maggot Offline
Supermod

No matter what Trump does with Kim he will be ridiculed. The majority of Americans know this but he will walk away if America does not get the best deal in this I am sure.

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
06-07-2018 09:14 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Kim Jung-un has already been elevated immensely -- he's no longer viewed as the crazy, nuke-happy, madman by everyone. Instead, he's seen by more than a few leaders and analysts as a smart strategist who's achieved the legitimization he desired.

After years of being isolated and toxic, Kim's now meeting and mingling with Xi, Moon, and Putin......and being courted by Trump.

Trump walking away without negotiating a good deal for the U.S., South Korea, and Japan (even better than the one with Iran) would be a win for Kim and loss for Trump, the self-proclaimed master negotiator.

I sure won't ridicule Trump if he manages to help get a true de-nuclearization agreement from North Korea.

06-07-2018 10:48 PM

ZEROSPHERES Offline
Geschlechtslos

(06-07-2018 10:48 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  Trump, the self-proclaimed master negotiator.

I sure won't ridicule Trump if he manages to help get a true de-nuclearization agreement from North Korea.

No need to prepare, he just needs the right "Attitude!"

[Image: afc0979712c0754d3cc54d90b85f3172.gif]http://picasion.com/

06-08-2018 12:28 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I saw it reported that Judge Jeanine Pirro from FOX wanted to interview for the deputy attorney general position and when Jeff Sessions resisted, trump's advisors told him that if he didn't give her a hearing trump may give her SCOTUS. SOMETIMES THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH WTF'S IN THE WORLD! UGGGHHHHH.

06-08-2018 01:41 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

As long as that ridiculous 9th circuit court gets revamped I couldn't care less about judge Jeanne.

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
06-08-2018 02:00 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Another indictment for Manafort. HaHaFuckinHa.

06-08-2018 02:23 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

Is a Trump/ Kopernick summit brewing. Trump says bring someone that deserves clemency to me. what a great idea!

I predict the G-8 will be productive and.............

N.K. will be reined in.

With the great unemployment numbers racking up and..........

A great economy and................

Public confidence numbers edging higher

Trump may become the greatest President ever.

45846688jerry

06-08-2018 09:58 PM