BigMark Offline
Mocker

RE: THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

The Romans were progressive as well.

03-18-2017 09:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

(03-18-2017 09:27 PM)BigMark Wrote:  The Romans were progressive as well.

That's true. But, the Roman Empire was also quite elitist. The Emperor's family and patricians' families benefited the most from government policy and privilege while normal citizens worked very hard and were often shafted. The same is true in most countries today, in my view.

Ancient Rome did have powerful trade unions which wielded strong political power though, until Caesar came along and quashed them.

Anyway, policies considered to be 'progressive' today were common in several cities/countries during ancient times. This list is an interesting short summary of some of them: http://listverse.com/2015/04/27/10-surpr...t-history/

03-18-2017 10:04 PM

Carsman Offline
Bad Mocker

Howard Stern is worried about the mental health of his good friend Donald Trump!

It supports the posts I made prior to the election saying I believed Trump really didn't want to be POTUS.

Found this link on line.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a86...ald-trump/

Carsman: Loves Living Large

Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!
03-19-2017 06:26 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

So..on Friday the leader of the free world visits the White House and gets disrespected by the president AND THEN he shows the entire world that he doesn't even have the most basic understanding of how NATO works. That moron is trying to shake down our NATO allies. hah Funny, not funny.

We'll have a new SoS by the end of the year. That's a generous guesstimate.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
03-19-2017 06:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

(03-19-2017 06:33 AM)Duchess Wrote:  
We'll have a new SoS by the end of the year. That's a generous guesstimate.

President Trump is proposing to cut the State Department by 30%. I think he and his team (including his son-in-law) want to weaken it because they want to directly control foreign policy and diplomacy. That's a mistake, in my opinion, but that sure seems to be the goal.

Tillerson doesn't seem to mind taking a back seat and letting his staff be cut drastically. That may be one reason he was appointed in the first place.

Do you think he'll quit or get booted?

03-19-2017 12:47 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(03-19-2017 12:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  Do you think he'll quit or get booted?

I think he'll resign due to...something. Health, family, etc. I don't know what.

03-19-2017 02:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

(03-19-2017 12:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  That may be one reason he was appointed in the first place.

I meant to comment on this too.

Did you know that trump & Tillerson had never met before RT's nomination? He was nominated 2 wks. after trump met with Robert Gates, Tillerson is a client of his. It's said that trump liked him because RT was viewed as an unorthodox businessman who made bold deals and trump was drawn to that. If that's the case I don't see someone like that sitting back and letting trump & company call the shots. That's just my opinion of course.

03-19-2017 03:02 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Reince Priebus told many people that the FBI had assured him that coverage into a trump/Russia probe was bullshit. This morning the director of the FBI testified that there is an investigation into collusion between the Russian government and the trump campaign. It began in July of 2016. Reince' pants are on fire.

03-20-2017 12:06 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(03-19-2017 03:02 PM)Duchess Wrote:  I meant to comment on this too.

Did you know that trump & Tillerson had never met before RT's nomination? He was nominated 2 wks. after trump met with Robert Gates, Tillerson is a client of his. It's said that trump liked him because RT was viewed as an unorthodox businessman who made bold deals and trump was drawn to that. If that's the case I don't see someone like that sitting back and letting trump & company call the shots. That's just my opinion of course.

I knew that Trump didn't have a long history with Tillerson, but wasn't aware of the connection with Gates.

I get the sense that Tillerson might have undisclosed personal or business motives for taking the SoS position, but really hope he can do a good job representing the interests of the American people and government professionally and wisely in any case.

Based on his tenure to date, I don't foresee him pushing back on Trump, Bannon, Kushner or anyone in the Trump inner circle. He strikes me as having signed up to lessen the importance of his position and his department when it comes to foreign relations and negotiations. But, he's only been in place for a couple of months, so you might be right that he'll turn out to be the personality type who won't take a backseat without pushing back. He's hard for me to read, so far.

03-20-2017 12:06 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Dear America: Our president is under investigation by the FBI counterintelligence spooks. This is not normal. History will forever record that the director of the FBI said in an open hearing that Russia intervened in the election to help trump win. Ahahaha!

The hearing yesterday was interesting. Thinking that the president and his administration might be under investigation is waaaay different than actually hearing the FBI say they are. Two things I immediately saw was Democrats wanting to hear about the involvement of Russia and Republicans wanting to know about who did the leaking. They view that as the bigger crime. Carl Bernstein (Watergate) was moved to say, "I can state w/confidence that many intel members now decrying 'leaks' of classified info have themselves 'leaked' classified info knowingly." Fuckin' hypocrites.

Spicer says Trump golfing is different from Obama golfing because of "how you use the game of golf" to advance US interests. 28 Sean's credibility is shot.

03-21-2017 05:33 AM

BigMark Offline
Mocker

WTF? Why would they assign this only to Black FBI agents?

03-21-2017 07:27 AM

aussiefriend Away
Mocker

Payback!

03-21-2017 07:28 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(03-21-2017 07:27 AM)BigMark Wrote:  WTF? Why would they assign this only to Black FBI agents?

hah You goof. Spooks come in a few colors.

03-21-2017 07:40 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I didn't watch the hearing with Comey and Rodgers yesterday, but watched portions of it when I got home last night. Surreal.

Trey Gowdy is really something else, in my opinion, and not in a good way. He wasted tons of time and tax-payer money with the never-ending Benghazi investigations when all of the questions had already been asked and answered, again and again. At yesterday's hearings, he implied that Obama, and Sally Yates, and others from the Obama administration were behind the Flynn leaks, with no proof whatsoever. Then, he told Anderson Cooper that anyone who thought that's what he was doing must be drunk or something. I wasn't drunk or anything. He is not an objective former prosecutor as he loves to contend, but instead a very biased partisan one.

Sean Spicer's attempts at the press briefing yesterday to minimize Flynn's and Manafort's roles in the Trump campaign were idiotic. Both men were hailed as "key advisers" by Trump and company and many of us watched their very high-profile and active roles in the campaign play out real time. Spicer's revisionist history was a weak attempt to distance the President from the two Trump advisers who've already been ousted due to undisclosed Russian and Ukraine influence. I agree that Spicer has no credibility whatsoever at this point.

03-21-2017 12:44 PM