Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

trump's 'merica -

The Department of Justice has requested information on visitors to a website used to organize protests against President Trump, the Los Angeles-based Dreamhost said in a blog post published on Monday.

Dreamhost, a web hosting provider, said that it has been working with the Department of Justice for several months on the request, which believes goes too far under the Constitution.

DreamHost claimed that the complying with the request from the Justice Department would amount to handing over roughly 1.3 million visitor IP addresses to the government, in addition to contact information, email content and photos of thousands of visitors to the website, which was involved in organizing protests against Trump on Inauguration Day.

“That information could be used to identify any individuals who used this site to exercise and express political speech protected under the Constitution’s First Amendment,” DreamHost wrote in the blog post on Monday. “That should be enough to set alarm bells off in anyone’s mind.”

Story
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
They all need to be sent to thinking hard camps.
(08-14-2017, 05:52 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Weird the way the President of the United States would call our intelligence community Nazi's (or comparable to) but won't call an actual Nazi a Nazi.

His delay in calling a Nazi a Nazi lost him three CEOs of major US corporations from his Manufacturing Advisory Board.

The CEOs of Merck, Under Armour, and Intel have all stepped down from the board in the last couple of days.

Trump is calling the condemnation of his response to the Charlottseville violence 'fake news' and throwing verbal blows at people who criticized his handling of the situation. That's what he always does when criticized, of course. But, it makes no sense here considering how many Republican politicians and people from all sides of the aisle publicly expressed such condemnation prior to heavy media coverage by every one of the media outlets.

After finally calling out the KKK and neo-Nazis yesterday and taking some pressure off himself with Republicans, Trump did something really asinine on Twitter again. He re-tweeted a meme of a train (the Trump Train) mowing down a CNN reporter.

That's really effin' non-presidential in any case. But, to send it out to his millions of followers after Heather Heyer was killed by a Trump supporter who used a vehicle as a murder weapon shows no rationality or common sense whatsoever if he really meant what he said yesterday, in my opinion.

The tweet was taken down from Trump's twitter about 20 minutes later, but it had already been seen and screen-captured by many and is now a news topic itself. Just plain stupid, or a wink and a nod to the violent supporters he'd condemned only hours earlier? I don't know the answer, but it's a shame the question even bears asking.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post...-reporter/
After eight CEOs resigned from Trump's Manufacturing Advisory Council following his response to the Charlottesville situation............today the President disbanded the Council altogether.

"Racism and murder are unequivocally reprehensible and are not morally equivalent to anything else that happened in Charlottesville," Campbell Soup CEO Morrison said, referring to Trump's much criticized response to the white supremacist rally in which a counterprotester was killed.

Trump had initially announced that he condemned the violence "by many sides", which was viewed by many as a weak statement and a false equivalency meant to minimize the racism and killing by the alt-right group in suggesting that those protesting racism were just as bad.

Republican and Democratic politicians, along with members of the general public and media, have also roundly criticized Trump's comments yesterday when he seemingly contradicted Monday's full condemnation of the KKK and neo-Nazis by stating that there were 'fine people' on both sides.

Story: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...signations
(08-15-2017, 10:48 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 05:52 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Weird the way the President of the United States would call our intelligence community Nazi's (or comparable to) but won't call an actual Nazi a Nazi.

His delay in calling a Nazi a Nazi lost him three CEOs of major US corporations from his Manufacturing Advisory Board.

The CEOs of Merck, Under Armour, and Intel have all stepped down from the board in the last couple of days.

That's ironic since those people are the real fucking Nazis. Not those idiot nobodies in the street. They'd just go away if you ignored them, but what fun would that be?
I can't speak for those CEOs sal. But, I bet they're informed enough to know that idiot neo-Nazis and Klans haven't gone away before and it's naive and irresponsible to think they will now if you just ignore them.

Racial/religious hate groups are more visible and empowered than usual to pursue their goals publicly in our current political environment. It's not the first time in our nation's history that they've felt emboldened to take to the streets, though they typically covered their faces in the past.

Anyway, just because you don't see or hear about them and can ignore them for a long while doesn't mean they've gone away and that they're not actively recruiting and planning. They most definitely are, according to the FBI and national security agencies that have dedicated a lot of resources to monitoring, infiltrating, and stopping them from carrying out plans to oppress and hurt/kill people for decades.
(08-17-2017, 12:32 AM)sally Wrote: That's ironic since those people are the real fucking Nazis. Not those idiot nobodies in the street. They'd just go away if you ignored them, but what fun would that be?

Ahahahaha! The President of the United States has opened the door and made them feel welcome to come in out of the darkness. They ain't going anywhere, they are trump's base and 35% of Americans agree with their train of thought, they agree with their ideals and some of that 35% are pissed at trump for handing over his beautiful daughter to a Jew.

No average white person is any better than any average black, brown, gay or Jewish person. Those people are as entitled as I am or you are.

Covers from The Economist, The New Yorker and a cover sketch from last year that was never published at the time.

[Image: 2500.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f...e1c9f614be]

[Image: DHEah6rV0AAVxyw.jpg]
Have you read The New Yorker?

Yes, I have, on several different occasions.
I use it to line the Parrot cage.

You buy it just to do that? hah

Members of the White House's presidential arts committee have resigned today followed by the members of his digital advisory board. Earlier in the week it was the members of his manufacturing council as well as his business advisory council. Go trump, go!

ETA - The Directer of Public Liaison has resigned today too.

...aaaand now Bannon is out.

Here's another one, Mark.

I think trump might be getting a reputation as a white supremacist. Oopsie.

[Image: DHiAm3bXcAAoj3c.jpg:large]
After these committess resign it appears that Trump's media says he disbanded them, making it appear that it was his choice all along.

Trump is still posting on Twitter as if everything is okay and he is the great protector of the United States protecting us from Islamic Terrorists.
f

I saw a sign this morning that made me laugh out loud, it said:

"DEAR GOD, IF YOU
WANT US TO IMPEACH
TRUMP, GIVE US A SIGN"!

LIKE, BLOT OUT THE SUN . . .
ANYTIME IN THE NEXT WEEK!

THANKS,
AMERICANS
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

g

. . . . . . Regretful?

I wonder if the POTUS "regrets" winning the USA election, and then actually accepting the position.

Since he took office 8 months ago, he has had nothing but a "toxic" relationship and status with the media, and of course the Dems, and now many of his own GOP party are disagreeing with him and deserting his sinking ship.

I really thought the Donald's theatrical showbiz antics during the campaign trail was just an act, and that it would change if he became POTUS.

But now as POTUS, his antics are worse then ever, and he is battling with everyone, rather then running the country. Sad.

What do you think, will he last the the full term?

(08-20-2017, 07:07 AM)Carsman Wrote: What do you think, will he last the the full term?

I don't know Cars. If he starts following the advice of the qualified advisers on his staff and nothing criminal is uncovered in the Russia collusion probe, there's a chance he can turn this thing around and push through.

He'd lose some of the more extreme in his base who align with Bannon's governmental deconstruction agenda (especially if Bannon turns on him in the media, like Anne Coulter has done since Bannon was ousted). But, he might pick up some more moderate voters if the economy does well and nothing catastrophic happens in terms of national security as a result of his impulsiveness.

If the Republicans actually get their acts together and come up with a better and more fair/universal health care plan on top of tax cuts and a strong economy........I think he'd probably still get a lot of electoral votes from people who think he's crass, clown-like, and backwards in terms of race relations if he ran again in 2020 (especially if the Dems / Independents don't have a strong candidate and platform of their own).

That's ^ a lot of variables and tall orders though. If Trump doesn't make it through the four year term, I'm more inclined to believe that he'll resign rather than be impeached.
(08-20-2017, 07:58 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 07:07 AM)Carsman Wrote: What do you think, will he last the the full term?

I don't know Cars. If he starts following the advice of the qualified advisers on his staff and nothing criminal is uncovered in the Russia collusion probe, there's a chance he can turn this thing around and push through.

He'd lose some of the more extreme in his base who align with Bannon's governmental deconstruction agenda (especially if Bannon turns on him in the media, like Anne Coulter has done since Bannon was ousted). But, he might pick up some more moderate voters if the economy does well and nothing catastrophic happens in terms of national security as a result of his impulsiveness.

If the Republicans actually get their acts together and come up with a better and more fair/universal health care plan on top of tax cuts and a strong economy........I think he'd probably still get a lot of electoral votes from people who think he's crass, clown-like, and backwards in terms of race relations if he ran again in 2020 (especially if the Dems / Independents don't have a strong candidate and platform of their own).

That's ^ a lot of variables and tall orders though. If Trump doesn't make it through the four year term, I'm more inclined to believe that he'll resign rather than be impeached.
m

You're right, that's a lot of variables. It seem the "man" has not listened to or heated the advise of his advisers. He wildly shoots from the hip, and gets worse as time goes by!
With the majority of his appointed "staff" now gone, (except for mostly family) he should be embarrassed beyond all belief!
As any normal person would be, oh wait . . . . . . .