Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
That's OK plenty of people here doing that now some white some black some brown lots of kids too. Up here we tend to look past the color and go by a persons merits and if they can PU a crate of cabbage or not they pull their own weight and don't need a handout.

I'm hoping that congress gets their shit together and can move on to other things so Trump can get bashed about by the people that are still pissed that he got elected.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Okay Mags.
(09-09-2017, 09:19 AM)Maggot Wrote: so Trump can get bashed about by the people that are still pissed that he got elected.

Do you really believe that's why people comment on his presidency, because they're pissed he won?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(09-09-2017, 12:49 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 09:19 AM)Maggot Wrote: so Trump can get bashed about by the people that are still pissed that he got elected.

Do you really believe that's why people comment on his presidency, because they're pissed he won?

I am not pissed he won, I am pissed at the racist bigots who voted for him simply because they hate black/biracial people and women. Actually donnie is quite entertaining in a 45846688jerry kind of way but that *ucker is going to get our country blown up because he is *so much bigger and greater* than any other country.

My newest work intern is a 19 year Hispanic that was born here. Her parents have purchased a house, have never received one penny of money from the government, purchased a house and many other things and pay their taxes. They are undocumented. My intern has no student debt, goes to college full time and works full time. She will have no issues in staying but she has friends that go to school with her that are DACAs. I didn't realize these kids have to stay out of trouble (even a speeding ticket can haunt them) and they pay out of state tuition no matter what school they attend. Hell our entire county will likely go bankrupt without the tax money our undocumented and DACA people alone pay.

It's one reason. Same thing happened with Obama and Bush. Trumps not a politician, it helps him believe it or not.
(09-09-2017, 01:43 PM)Tammy75 Wrote:

I am not pissed he won, I am pissed at the racist bigots who voted for him simply because they hate black/biracial people and women. Actually donnie is quite entertaining in a 45846688jerry kind of way but that *ucker is going to get our country blown up because he is *so much bigger and greater* than any other country.

My newest work intern is a 19 year Hispanic that was born here. Her parents have purchased a house, have never received one penny of money from the government, purchased a house and many other things and pay their taxes. They are undocumented. My intern has no student debt, goes to college full time and works full time. She will have no issues in staying but she has friends that go to school with her that are DACAs. I didn't realize these kids have to stay out of trouble (even a speeding ticket can haunt them) and they pay out of state tuition no matter what school they attend. Hell our entire county will likely go bankrupt without the tax money our undocumented and DACA people alone pay.

That's great! Have you ever asked why they are not citizens yet? It seems they are doing everything else a citizen would do.
Don't ask that, it makes you a racist.
My white privilege made me say it, I will now whip myself, but I will not cry, I will be strong.
They were told by Bush administration they would be fast tracked into citizenship. It is going to cost around $20K+ . Not sure how many of you have $40K laying around.
(09-10-2017, 09:26 AM)Tammy75 Wrote: It is going to cost around $20K+ . Not sure how many of you have $40K laying around.

I'll sell my footwear. Har Har

That's a stupid amount of money and frankly, sounds scam-ish. Twenty grand to become a citizen. The more I find out about this, the more sickening it is to me.
f

Clinton's stance on DACA was somewhat similar to Trump

In the news today:

As the Trump administration faces opposition over ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, also known as DACA, some have pointed out that Hillary Clinton also had a somewhat controversial stance on undocumented child immigrants.

It was said, Clinton made the comments in 2014 while promoting her book "Hard Choices."

She was speaking about the numerous young children from Central America crossing over the U.S. border when CNN’s Christiane Amanpour asked Clinton if they should be sent back.

“They should be sent back as soon as the adults in their families are identified, because there are concerns whether all of them should be sent back,“ Clinton responded.

"But I think all of them who can be should be reunited with their families.”

And after advocating for tougher border security, she added, “…we have to send a clear message, just because your child gets across the border, that doesn’t mean the child gets to stay.

So, we don’t want to send a message that is contrary to our laws or will encourage more children to make that dangerous journey.”

But Clinton clarified her position the following year, saying, “Specifically with respect to children on the border, if you remember, we had an emergency, and it was very important to send a message to families in Central America:
Do not let your children take this very dangerous journey.”

They will be illegal immigrants, and sent back to where they came from ASAP.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Hillary Clinton is a Democrat, not a Liberal.

She was early to the party on equal rights for women. But, she was late to the party on gay marriage equality, some aspects of fair immigration reform, and a few other key issues. She's actually more conservative and more closely aligned with traditional Republican ideology than Trump in many ways. That's one of the main reasons she failed to resonate more strongly with the youth vote and the Bernie bloc, in my opinion.

In any case, she's promoting her forthcoming book these days. In it, she says she owns her failure. However, she also blames Bernie (the nerve!) because his criticisms of her as an opponent gave Trump quotable ammo. She also blames Russian collusion. Whether her perceptions are accurate or not (I personally don't know), she's not a future candidate for the Democratic party and isn't the face of the Democratic party.

The Democratic Party is in a strong position to take advantage of the split in the Republican party and the discord between President Trump and Republican leaders....IF the Dems can get their shit together. Right now, the Dems have no face person. It'll be interesting to see who emerges as a 2020 contender. I've read serious speculation that Biden might be the guy, but Uncle Joe is even older than The Donald. Kamala Harris seems to be a contender in the minds of many as well.
Have seen this in the headlines a few times already!

Michelle Obama outshines all Democratic prospects for 2020!

It was said that her approval rating was at 68% when she left the Whitehouse!

(09-10-2017, 09:53 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 09:26 AM)Tammy75 Wrote: It is going to cost around $20K+ . Not sure how many of you have $40K laying around.

I'll sell my footwear. Har Har

That's a stupid amount of money and frankly, sounds scam-ish. Twenty grand to become a citizen. The more I find out about this, the more sickening it is to me.

Per my intern, the costs are a case by case situation and it tends to be about 50% indirect costs. Her Dad was detained at the border in the earlier 2000s (not for a crime but because he his passport had expired) so his costs would be about 10X more than her Mom would cost.
How come nobody bitches about Trumps tye's sometimes they're blue sometimes they're red. Lets get this shit rolling! hah
(09-11-2017, 06:20 PM)Maggot Wrote: How come nobody bitches about Trumps tye's sometimes they're blue sometimes they're red. Lets get this shit rolling! hah

Because we're talking about issues, policies, political parties and such. And, you were always the resident go-to guy for meaty commentary and memes bitching on the President's clothes, vacations, Secret Service expense, golf, how he rides a bike or holds an umbrella.......and other important and hilarious shit like that.

Now, you've got way more potential comedy bullseyes in those such areas......but you seem to have lost your darts.

Anyway, I'll play with you. Roll out some knee-slappers about President Trump's tie selections and we'll go from there.
A woman, and Black at that, possible?

(09-11-2017, 07:42 PM)Carsman Wrote: A woman, and Black at that, possible?

I think that would be possible in 2020, if she was qualified and ran a campaign that got people all riled up and emotionally invested, especially people in swing states. That's the current strategy to beat, I think.

I don't get the sense that Michelle Obama is the slightest bit interested in running for any major political office, no matter how much some Democrats love the idea -- some of them probably love the idea so much mostly because the mere mention of it makes so many Republicans crazy. ")

Kamala Harris is smart and seems very politically ambitious and savvy though. I think she might be eyeing a Democratic run in 2020.

Condoleezza Rice's name has popped up as a potential Republican contender or VP candidate the last few elections cycles, but that never goes anywhere. I don't know if that's because she's not really interested or she doesn't have enough committed supporters.

Anyway...........the black woman to really watch for a 2020 presidential run is.........................Democratic congresswoman Maxine Waters!!!! She's hilarious to me and sure as hell doesn't hold back calling it like she sees it, very very outspoken -- too much so for her to really be considered a viable candidate, I think. Then again, stranger things have happened.
(09-11-2017, 08:08 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 07:42 PM)Carsman Wrote: A woman, and Black at that, possible?

I think that would be possible in 2020, if she was qualified and ran a campaign that got people all riled up and emotionally invested, especially people in swing states. That's the current strategy to beat, I think.

I don't get the sense that Michelle Obama is the slightest bit interested in running for any major political office, no matter how much some Democrats love the idea -- some of them probably love the idea so much mostly because the mere mention of it makes so many Republicans crazy. ")

Kamala Harris is smart and seems very politically ambitious and savvy though. I think she might be eyeing a Democratic run in 2020.

Condoleezza Rice's name has popped up as a potential Republican contender or VP candidate the last few elections cycles, but that never goes anywhere. I don't know if that's because she's not really interested or she doesn't have enough committed supporters.

Anyway...........the black woman to really watch for a 2020 presidential run is.........................Democratic congresswoman Maxine Waters!!!! She's hilarious to me and sure as hell doesn't hold back calling it like she sees it, very very outspoken -- too much so for her to really be considered a viable candidate, I think. Then again, stranger things have happened.

It did happen, look at the current situation. hah

I'm not a Michelle fan myself, I just posted what I saw in the news a couple of times. (I wouldn't vote for her)

I agree Kamala seems like a rising star, and has the potential to be a POTUS contender.

And for Bernie and or Joe, I think their POTUS contender time has passed.

(09-11-2017, 08:08 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: She's hilarious to me

Me too! Just thinking about her makes me laugh. Some people can't stand her which makes me like her even more. She's so exuberant and out spoken. No doubt about it, you know where you stand with Maxine.