Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
Aint THAT the truth! hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(12-12-2017, 11:20 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 10:06 PM)Maggot Wrote: Welcome to the politicizing of gender. A Miss U.S.A. contender saying Trump OOgled her and a Clinton operative saying he invited her up to 1st class in order to grop and fondle her as others watched. I'm not sure what the other one did but I hope they come up with better evidence of what Trump did a very long time before he was President in order for it not to look like a politically motivated smear campaign.

Americans are kinda numb but not THAT numb.

That gender-politicization welcome mat you're just now seeing and wiping your feet on is almost 100 years old Maggot.

Women had to fight for our rights to vote for our political leaders; suffrage was a gender-centric political movement. Equal rights for the female gender has long been a political cause. At this particular moment, women are pushing back against being sexually harassed on-the-job and off-the job. A very good thing, as far as I 'm concerned. ( I agree and it is a good thing, I hope it becomes a movement that happens instantly and not 40 yrs later lets be progressive on this)

Politically, I can understand and respect women coming forward to speak out when they're watching some dipshit snake oil salesman and/or holy roller (to borrow Sal's term) who sexually harassed/abused them rising to power based on self-proclaimed godliness, family values, and bullshit proclamations like "nobody respects women more than I do". (I respect them also, and can only hope it happens as it's happening so its stopped in its tracks right away. Women need to stand up right away and not wait or waste time they must start speaking out the moment it happens)

Politicians who disrespect and minimize women in private can't and shouldn't be blindly trusted to respect the input and the best interests of the women they'll be representing when they get into office. (Are you advocating for stricter observation for everyone?)

Now that the patriarchal society-imposed gag has been torn off, women are sharing their experiences and pushing back. That doesn't make it a smear campaign or an attack by women against men. (of coarse not, in fact it makes them more equal)

Rather, it's about women saying enough is enough and calling that bullshit out. You have no idea how it feels to be on the receiving end; to be sexually harassed by some asshole who thinks he's entitled, especially in the workplace. (you are right I've never been winked at at work by a woman, Oh wait, yes I have)

When there are a lot of accusers, there might be some who are more bandwagon-jumpers than anything else. That doesn't make all the accusers liars, nor does it make the accused any more or less innocent or guilty. (Ding, ding how does THAT work out in the end for anyone involved?)

This American believes that Trump (like Roy Moore) did what most of the women say he did. I think that because I heard him confess and brag about that kind of behavior on tape more than once, and because I've listened to the women. And, I'm not THAT numb.
[color=#FF69B4] (You are when you walk outta the dentist office)

Anyway, "The Patriarchy" isn't the best way or the only way and has proven to be less-than-ideal, in my opinion. Times are changing fast in that regard -- for the better, in my opinion. But some men will inevitably see progress towards equal gender rights and respect as some kind of attack or smear on them because they still think they're gender-entitled to dominate and lead. We're used to that. (After looking up "patriarchy, I've come to believe that as a man I could never relinquish my instinct to protect and defend my family and or destroy my enemy's if any woman stands besides me.........that would be freakin great!)

Now I have to look-up "Patriarchy" .............OK I'm back.

Marx was on to something more profound than he knew when he observed that the family contained within itself in embryo all the antagonisms that later develop on a wide scale within the society and the state. For unless revolution uproots the basic social organisation, the biological family – the vinculum through which the psychology of power can always be smuggled – the tapeworm of exploitation will never be annihilated

"sigh" [Image: 220px-Shulamith_Firestone.jpg]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
[Image: Branco-Male-Privilege.jpg]

Due Process is absent in most all the sexual misconduct cases coming out in the media. Political cartoon by A.F.

I wonder if some of the accusations being brought to the media aren't just vindictiveness.
(12-22-2017, 11:49 PM)Ski at 1SKY6 Wrote: I wonder if some of the accusations being brought to the media aren't just vindictiveness.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. As consumers of it I think we have to be aware and always get our news from more than one source and we have to double check and fact check. Not all media is created equal as we know and even though some organizations refer to themselves as media does not mean they are. We have to be on our toes.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
If you like your taxes, you can keep your taxes.
Please don't make me read through all this, but SURELY, SURELY there are no Mockers that still support Trump. I mean, has common sense prevailed? He stole the election and now is trying to discredit Mueller and the FBI, that's just downright weird. You guys got a real problem on your hands. I hope that you can get rid of this guy and get someone legitimate in. I mean, he was supporting a pedophile who was banned from shopping malls. I think word got out around Alabama, particularly in law enforcement, and the locals knew he was a flea bitten dirty dog.
(12-24-2017, 03:40 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Please don't make me read through all this, but SURELY, SURELY there are no Mockers that still support Trump.

Oh fuck yeah. They support him AND defend him. hah
(12-24-2017, 03:40 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Please don't make me read through all this, but SURELY, SURELY there are no Mockers that still support Trump. I mean, has common sense prevailed? He stole the election and now is trying to discredit Mueller and the FBI, that's just downright weird. You guys got a real problem on your hands. I hope that you can get rid of this guy and get someone legitimate in. I mean, he was supporting a pedophile who was banned from shopping malls. I think word got out around Alabama, particularly in law enforcement, and the locals knew he was a flea bitten dirty dog.

Well MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL, Aussie is back! 44
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

How are people so retarded, I mean, even the Republicans are going, "oh yeh, that's too corrupt for me". Mitt Romney, George H and George W are some of the high profiles, but there are so many others. It's really important to have integrity and to be a man of honor. They have an intellectual show here in Oz on the ABC called Q and A. And it discussed how inappropriate his tweeting is and disgraceful and not becoming that of a world leader, and of course he is behaving in such an immature manner, because he didn't legitimately earn the position. Had he paid his dues, he would have jumped through the hoops and learned what is acceptable and what is expected of someone in that position.

He makes Nixon look like an amateur fraud. This guy is emotionally unwell and needs medicating. I just hope there is no death whilst he is in that position. I hope justice prevails, God knows he is trying to stop it.
(12-24-2017, 11:39 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: even the Republicans are going, "oh yeh, that's too corrupt for me". Mitt Romney, George H and George W are some of the high profiles, but there are so many others.

There are no real Republicans that matter pushin' back on that twat trump, those that do matter are licking trump's balls on a daily basis. There isn't a Republican backbone to be found in DC, they are mostly scared shitless of a tweet, from the House to the Senate to the Attorney General, they are all petrified of trump.
I heard that Trump said he is not going to fire Mueller which means he is going to fire Mueller. Also Omarosa wants to tell her story, I hope it is not a big non event.
(12-24-2017, 02:05 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I heard that Trump said he is not going to fire Mueller which means he is going to fire Mueller. Also Omarosa wants to tell her story, I hope it is not a big non event.

He's laying the groundwork now. I'm pretty sure trump thinks the investigations will stop if Special Counsel Mueller is gone.

SNL did a very funny skit about Omarosa. It showed her clinging to the outside window of the Oval Office. hah
(12-24-2017, 02:05 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I heard that Trump said he is not going to fire Mueller which means he is going to fire Mueller. Also Omarosa wants to tell her story, I hope it is not a big non event.

AussieFriend, You make an accurate assessment about our President. Do Australians follow the USA's politics as a rule or is your interest an exception?
Manigault's official title is Director of Communications for the Office of Public Liaison and she says she quit and Trump says she was fired. Looks like an example of a failure to communicate. Can it be there is no difference between The Apprentice and The Presidency in their minds?
No he is in the news quite regularly here now. But Australian's are kindof shocked at his carry on. Because we expect our politicians to behave with some sort of manners and diplomacy. Even if they are being hostile to the opposing team, it's a restrained civilized hostility. There was one politician years ago who gave the then PM a rough handshake and he lost very badly, it didn't go well for him. He is now seen as the laughing stock and persona non grata in many circles. So Trump is seen as a bully.
I heard they taste like nutmeg and torta cokolada .
You know what BigMark, you are all talk. You said that you were a problem solver, I threw down a challenge, and in response, you attacked, deflected, projected and were not able to come through with the goods and I didn't even get to tell you what the problem was. For that reason I say, you have no right to say anything about any subject that is above kindergarten level.

When did you turn into Mock's resident Troll, who left? Blind Greed? You are all puffy and full of ego and you don't have the goods to back up mindless rant. Pity that.

Mark is cool, Aussie. He really is cute & funny. You haven't given yourself enough time to get to know him. He likes to tease and he's got a smart mouth but who doesn't in here.
(12-24-2017, 03:55 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Mark is cool, Aussie. He really is cute & funny. You haven't given yourself enough time to get to know him. He likes to tease and he's got a smart mouth but who doesn't in here.

Is he built like Sphincter Cop?
(12-24-2017, 04:02 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:

This Sphincter Cop sounds like someone I'd like to meet.
(12-24-2017, 04:02 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:

He's a kinder, gentler asshole than Cynical Ninja.