Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
Duchess Away
Administrator

RE: THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

Ha! I can handle people I like, liking those that I don't.

[Image: DuchessofMock_zpsiwcdtrji.png]
Yesterday 12:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

I don't necessarily like Paul Ryan, I just don't think he's a piece of shit.

He may prove me wrong.

I believe that he's strongly principled, though his principles don't typically align with mine.

Yesterday 12:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

I should have chosen a better word rather than like.

Don't look into his eyes. He's a vampire, a ghoul.

I saw him riding a horse a couple weeks ago. He has nice form.

Yesterday 12:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

(Yesterday 12:08 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

Don't look into his eyes. He's a vampire, a ghoul.

I saw him riding a horse a couple weeks ago. He has nice form.

Nah, he's just misunderstood -- like (a really buffed) Eddie Munster.

[Image: ryan_mediscary.jpg]

Yesterday 09:41 PM

BigMark Offline
Mocker

We should all be ashamed how this election has divided us and the petty vitriol we have posted. I would pick any of you no matter your political affiliation to live next to. GOOD PEOPLE ARE GOOD PEOPLE. I will watch your house when you are away and invite you over for a cold beer and nachos when you are home.

Today 01:20 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I used to feel about politics what I feel about religion, I don't care who people worship and it doesn't affect how I feel about them. This election cycle wasn't normal in any way and neither is what is going on now.

Today 05:26 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(Today 01:20 AM)BigMark Wrote:  We should all be ashamed how this election has divided us and the petty vitriol we have posted. I would pick any of you no matter your political affiliation to live next to. GOOD PEOPLE ARE GOOD PEOPLE. I will watch your house when you are away and invite you over for a cold beer and nachos when you are home.

I agree with you that good people are good people, regardless of political affiliation.
But, I don't think anyone needs to be ashamed of anything they've posted here if they meant it or had fun putting it out there.

The 'unfiltered' part of Mock is one of the best parts, to me; it's a good thing that Mock isn't a troll hole nor a 'safe space'. If you can take being challenged in return, this is a good place to dish it out.

Anyway, sharing a cold beer and nachos in your backyard sounds good, Biggie.......so long as you're not jumping out of the jacuzzi naked to shoot at snakes or passing around loofahs or anything. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Today 08:15 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I think President Trump is going to face a lot of resistance outside of the Republican party in pushing the myth of 'clean coal'.

People die young from mining coal and the impacts of burning coal en mass affects the health of millions of others. It should continue to be phased out as a primary energy source and there should be a concerted effort to train people in coal country for work in renewable energies, in my opinion.

It doesn't make sense to me go backwards because some people's fathers and grandfathers put food on the table for their families in the mines, got black lung disease and other work-related illnesses/injuries and died young.........just to preserve a regional tradition, create a few hundred or thousand jobs, and line the pockets of the coal moguls.

That's not a 'winning' strategy for the U.S. and moving from being a global leader on environmental protection initiatives to being a welcher isn't good for the country either, in my opinion.

Today 08:45 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Is coal even being used for much of anything anymore?

I saw a stat the other day, this may not be exact but I think I read there are 75,000 coal related jobs in the US as compared to almost a million jobs for other sources of energy.

Rolling back some of these regulations piss me off, particularly the ones involving the environment, specifically clean water & air. Bastards.

Today 11:46 AM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

Climate change is caused by man and that urgent government intervention, in the form of new taxes and regulations, is the only way to stop it. ummmmm right?

Today 01:57 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Taxes no, some regulations, yes!

...but, don't worry. This administration has wiped off anything regarding climate change from the WH website. He thinks it's a hoax that China instigated.

Today 02:03 PM