Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
I think he's doing a good job. His tweets are sometimes wacky but those are cherry picked leaving the good ones sitting there. The comment on his tye's was a dig at all the nitpicking that is done. And yes all presidents get nitpicked its unavoidable. I've avoided all the nutty stories like, he will be impeached or he's on drugs or he's demented as when shit gets thrown at a wall it sticks sometimes. Oh well, he is going fine as far as I can see.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-12-2017, 12:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: His tweets are sometimes wacky but those are cherry picked leaving the good ones sitting there.

Wacky? *snorts* He fucking lies. He lies on an almost daily basis. One of the most bizarre things about his lies is that most, if not all, are lies that are easily disproved. What are you going to think of someone you hired who comes into work everyday and lies? hah

I only ever post about shit he says and does. I make comments about things I can back up.

Recently, he spoke to people who had lost everything in the flooding and as he was leaving he waved like Miss America and told them to have a good time. What the actual fuck was that? I laugh as I type that but you've gotta admit, that is some very strange shit.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
He left them a million to party with...............
(09-12-2017, 01:06 PM)Maggot Wrote: He left them a million to party with...............

None of the charities have been able to confirm they have received the monies. I'm on top of this shit and I'll let you know just as soon as the confirmations begin to trickle in. Blowing-kisses
The Salvation Army got it. Much better than the red cross. I also heard it was a 5050 between the two.

The money was divided between a dozen charities.

Reach out America – $100,000

Red Cross – $300,000

Salvation Army – $300,000

Samaritan's Purse – $100,000

ASPCA – $25,000

Catholic Charities – $25,000

Direct Relief – $25,000

Habitat for Humanity – $25,000

Houston Humane Society – $25,000

Operation Blessing – $25,000

Portlight Inclusive Disaster Strategies – $25,000

Team Rubicon – $25,000
Now suck it!

hah I don't know why I find you so goddamn amusing but I do.
Isn't Maxine 78? So she would be 81 in 2020? I don't feel secure that she would be able to hold up at that age. I would love to see another Kennedy in the White House.
Yeah, Maxine looks younger to me, but she is pushing 80.

I don't think she's really considering a run anyhow-- I was just playing. She only said that she'd run if millennials wanted her to do so and some people ran with it.

Anyway, even if she were younger, Maxine wouldn't be a viable candidate, in my opinion. She doesn't have much of a filter, sometimes puts the cart before the horse, and often puts her foot in her mouth. But...........the 2016 election taught me that those qualities aren't necessarily deal-breakers in American politics anymore.
And doesn't live in her district.
(09-12-2017, 01:26 PM)Maggot Wrote: The Salvation Army got it. Much better than the red cross. I also heard it was a 5050 between the two.
Why so? I know there's a lot of negative media surrounding the red cross right now, but their financial info is a matter of public record and conflicts with what is being reported by the media.
(09-13-2017, 10:43 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 01:26 PM)Maggot Wrote: The Salvation Army got it. Much better than the red cross. I also heard it was a 5050 between the two.
Why so? I know there's a lot of negative media surrounding the red cross right now, but their financial info is a matter of public record and conflicts with what is being reported by the media.

Much of the money given to the red cross goes towards administrative costs the Salvation army has their shit together much better and the end user gets more of the donation.
(09-13-2017, 02:38 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 10:43 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Much of the money given to the red cross goes towards administrative costs the Salvation army has their shit together much better and the end user gets more of the donation.
That's interesting, because I just looked it up and the red cross (via Charity Navigator) gets 0.90 of every dollar to those in need. The salvation army's estimate is about 0.82 of every dollar. The salvation army is an estimate because it's a religious organization and therefore doesn't file taxes like the red cross does.http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/24/pf/donations-charities/index.html
http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/verify/v.../470270671

A link to a story from this year that also states 0.90 of every dollar donated to red cross goes to the needy. Maybe that extra money you claim is spent on admin goes toward making sure their taxes get paid and still get as much $$ to those in need as possible?
(09-12-2017, 01:02 PM)Duchess Wrote: Recently, he spoke to people who had lost everything in the flooding and as he was leaving he waved like Miss America and told them to have a good time. What the actual fuck was that? I laugh as I type that but you've gotta admit, that is some very strange shit.[/i][/size]

I thought that was an odd remark too. He's definitely an odd duck, that Donald.

I do think Trump's handled the natural disasters well overall so far though.

He's been to the scenes and made sure the initial disaster relief funding wasn't held up in Congress or due to partisan political bullshit.
(09-15-2017, 05:38 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I do think Trump's handled the natural disasters well overall so far though.

You're a lovely, fair-minded person.
I would call Trump "eccentric" but there's a ton of weirder stuff that needs addressing in Washington.
(09-15-2017, 09:21 PM)Maggot Wrote: I would call Trump "eccentric"

I would call him a lying, disingenuous cocksucker and I know goddamn well under other circumstances you wouldn't be nearly as lenient as you are with him. Let's just be real here, 'K.

I just read that trump is not going to pull out of the Paris climate accord. If this is true I may be forced to say something nice about the fat bastard.