Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
Psyche!

Today the President of the United States represented all of us on the world stage by speaking before the United Nations.

It's unclear what his CoS, retired General John Kelly thought of it. 39

[Image: kelly-trump-UN.jpg]

[Image: john-kelly-trump-united-nations-rocket-man-670x388.jpg]

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
chosis

General Kelly is a very accomplished, intelligent man. He had to have known that cameras would be on him today after his reaction to trump's Charlottesville remarks and he did this anyway. Ahahahaha.

I can post a video if you want to see it in full.

Trump sometimes gets a good one in.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I totally forgive John McCain for Sarah Palin.

Today, he announced that he will not support his best friend Lindsey Graham's Obamacare repeal and replace bill -- McCain instead wants a plan that includes bipartisan input from all of the Senate so that it won't put Americans in limbo on healthcare with every change of administration.

Rand Paul doesn't think Graham's bill goes far enough; as a Libertarian, he wants less governmental involvement in healthcare. He's given the bill a thumbs-down too.

So, if one more Republican refuses to support Graham's bill (and there are a few who might now that McCain has kinda buffered them)..........then Graham's bill won't have sufficient votes to get passed. And, hopefully, Congresspersons from all parties and states will be forced to work together to fix the problems with Obamacare and put something reasonable on the table.
(09-22-2017, 05:16 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I totally forgive John McCain for Sarah Palin.

Lately I've wondered if his illness has given him new perspective on what the average citizen faces, one who doesn't have the resources that he does and needs now that he's sick.

I think Lisa Murkowski & Susan Collins will be a no. They are trying to twist LM's arm though, they told her that her state can keep their Obamacare. What the hell is that shit? Jesus. Fuckin' monsters.
I've always liked McCain alright. He generally follows his convictions and I've always gotten the sense that he cares about people, though I disagree with him as often as I agree with him. The same is true for Lindsey Graham.

I think what's different with McCain now is that he's got less to lose by soley following his conscience and sense of duty to the country, damn the consequences. He's not gonna run for President again, and he knows he's near the end of his political career and maybe even the end of his life. So, he's probably even less inclined to worry about party popularity or threats of Presidential payback. That's my sense anyway.

CNN is hosting a Town Hall on healthcare Monday night. That's one worth watching, for me. The politicians participating have very strong and often opposing/heated views, but they're smart and funny and don't act like idiots and trolls in debate scenarios.

Bernie Sanders will be pushing his Medicare for All / Single Payer plan. He and Minnesota's Democratic Senator Amy Klobuchar will debate Republican Senators Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Bill Cassidy of Louisiana.
I wish the Democrats looked at the original bill and could have been as bi-partisan as the Republicans are now. It really showcases the mentality. Walking in lockstep. That's the Republicans problem, they have a little bit of conscious still, and think for themselves. Democrats lay an egg and let others deal with the consequence.
We are sacrificing 50% of peoples current affordable insurance to pay for the 15 % of losers.
(09-22-2017, 09:18 PM)Maggot Wrote: I wish the Democrats looked at the original bill and could have been as bi-partisan as the Republicans are now. It really showcases the mentality. Walking in lockstep. That's the Republicans problem, they have a little bit of conscious still, and think for themselves. Democrats lay an egg and let others deal with the consequence.

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch What a bunch of bullshit, again. Snap out of it Mags.

I'm not a Democrat nor a Republican. But, I know Democrats read the original healthcare act passed during the Obama Administration.

And, because I'm not bias-brainwashed nor brain-dead, I know for a fact that the Republicans couldn't get enough votes from fellow Republicans to push through the original bill to pass Trump Care. It wasn't Democrats who stopped that piece of shit from moving forward, it was Republicans.

And, I know for a fact that Republicans sponsoring the current legislation are not being bi-partisan. They've been working behind closed doors and didn't even consult the whole Republican Senate before trying to sell the Graham-Cassidy repeal and replace rework.

However, maybe Republicans will have to reach across the aisle on healthcare soon... because after 8 years of promising to do it and two failures to put together an agreeable plan within their own party, they'll have no choice.
LOL

HotD insinuated Maggot is brain-dead.

Man I love brunettes with big tits.

HotD, I'm not referring to you. I'm watching my WeatherNation channel, and some gal named Meredith is on, and she's smoking hot.
Actually, I was insinuating that Maggot is bias-brainwashed. I know he's not brain-dead.

I think Mags has a sharp mind. But, it's dipshittery for him (or anyone, for that matter) to claim that it's somehow a victory or positive for the current ruling party that they can't agree among themselves about legislation over which they've been crying & bitching at the opposing party for 8 fucking years.

This is obviously a huge stub for the Republican Party to anyone who has two brain cells to rub together (and everyone posting at Mock has more than two, in my opinion -- with the possible exceptions of Biggie, Gunnar, F.U., username, and myself on occasion).
(09-22-2017, 09:18 PM)Maggot Wrote: I wish the Democrats looked at the original bill and could have been as bi-partisan as the Republicans are now. It really showcases the mentality. Walking in lockstep. That's the Republicans problem, they have a little bit of conscious still, and think for themselves. Democrats lay an egg and let others deal with the consequence.

I think you're crazy. *serious look*

The Republicans control the House, Senate and the fuckin' Presidency. If they can't get shit done, it's on them. Stop blaming others, you typical Republicans.
(09-22-2017, 09:21 PM)BigMark Wrote: We are sacrificing 50% of peoples current affordable insurance to pay for the 15 % of losers.

Blame your Republican leaders. They are in charge.

...and I would just like to add, trump and other Republicans have created such uncertainty that it has affected the cost as well, so again, blame them, don't blame others for problems your own party has created.

I was just reading about trump's rally last night. He wants all the NFL players who don't stand for the anthem to be fired, he was encouraging owners to do so and he thinks way too much attention is paid to CTE/brain injuries and they should just stop being mindful of that because they are ruining the game.

hah Whatta stupid fucker he is. hah
(09-23-2017, 06:18 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I was just reading about trump's rally last night. He wants all the NFL players who don't stand for the anthem to be fired, he was encouraging owners to do so and he thinks way too much attention is paid to CTE/brain injuries and they should just stop being mindful of that because they are ruining the game.

hah Whatta stupid fucker he is. hah

Well now, that's America's beloved POTUS! hah

His "156" IQ makes him smart, but not very rational, and or sensible.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I do not think most of the Democrats actually read the "war and peace" that was presented as Obama care. I was just highlighting how they walked in lockstep together to pass a crappy law that they knew was shaky. Every one of them voted for it and even if they knew it was not a very good piece of legislature voted yes anyway on it, none of them had a clue and did it because it was the easy thing to do. Free will is not a common commodity in the gang situation that was the early stages of the Obama regime.
I admit that I was paying 170.00 per week before it became law and after it went down to 120.00 per week but it has climbed back up to 170.00 now and looks like it will continue to rise. Nothing has changed but time. As with anything that becomes "law" written as a call to good as time goes by laws expand and start to become nothing like the original law, look at S.S. everyone has their fingers in that piece of American pie now. It has become a public mugging where people who have never contributed to it get a piece of other peoples money.

I think there will be some players on every team in the league who take a knee today in response to trump's comments and it's not just the NFL now, it's spreading to MLB and the NBA.

...and he's still playing nuclear war chicken with the other deranged mutha.