Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
That Popodopolous is a boy! And he went drinking with a bunch of boozy Aussies. Of course he was going to spill the beans. I bet he threw up in the gutter afterwards too.
Being the right wing extremist that you paint me as so eloquently I still consider myself more middle of the road than quite a few individuals. In fact I was glad that the Obamacare attack did not result in a Republican win. Obamacare needs to be redone and getting rid of the mandate through tax reform was a good win. What needs to happen now is a partisan bill should be brought out by either side getting the Feds out of it. Each State could verily implement better control over health care by creating free market policies with their own states. Who better to deal with in-state insurance providers than the states themselves? Then price controls could be introduced to get better coverage for all and not have to be tethered by federal regulation.

Hopefully this year the legislature in Washington can bring back the suggestions by the Governors of the states and attempt to implement their suggestions. Hopefully Democrats would realize that giving back control to individual states would be better for everyone.

I'm all for getting the feds out of states with their ransom money, if that is what a right wingnut is I wear it like a badge. Hopefully my blinding hypocrisy requires sunglasses.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Mags, you are not middle of the road at all, based on your own sentiments and views shared here.

If we're discussing a public statement issued from Trump, you get defensive and insist we're silly people getting all worked up about tweets when it's the content of the message not the medium we’re focusing on.

If we're discussing gun safety/control rationally, you insist we're 'gun shy' or want to take everybody's guns, no matter how many times people have posted otherwise.

When it comes to the Middle East and Muslims, you say they should all be blown off the fucking map.

When we're discussing mass shooters (the vast majority of whom happen to be white), you often go into "what about black on black crime in Chicago?!"

You claim Atheists lack morals, while defending or minimizing some really immoral or fucked-up shit by Christians.

Anything associated with Obama, big or small, was terrible and the doing of a president who you believed was out to destroy America and probably was a Muslim who wasn't even born here.

When it comes to Trump, on the other hand, you label facts and valid criticism as "hateful", "angry", "hoax" or "fake news".

Obama played golf way too much. The Obamas' travel cost the tax payers way too much, "Barry wants to be king!". Obama didn't care about cutting the debt and deficit spending.

Those are all criticisms you repeatedly expressed passionately over the years. But, you have no problem with Trump golfing way more than Obama, costing tax payers way more in travel than Obama, pushing tax cuts that by all legitimate accounts will increase debt and deficit spending. Etc...

People who are truly more centrist or Independent politically and socially (which isn't necessarily better or worse) aren't absolutists who see such matters as only black or white.

I like reading all your posts and everybody elses and like that people can say whatever the fuck they want here. And......if you're gonna call (real or perceived) shit out, I know you know you should expect to get your (real or perceived) shit called out in return. Blowing-kisses
Eh........Don't worry the Dems will be in there at some point and they can fix and diddle with any legislation they deem important, in the end you & I may as well dance on a long pier during high tide. That way roads won't matter.
I'll dance on the long pier with you any old day or night, Mags.

But slow dancing only; no doing the Hokey Pokey.

I can just imagine you singing to me, "you put your left foot out"........and watching me tumble straight into the unrelenting sea. ')
Slow dancing, then the hokey pokey is the way it normally works.
(01-02-2018, 10:35 AM)BigMark Wrote: Slow dancing, then the hokey pokey is the way it normally works.

You're right, that's what it's all about...
Trump defended Iranian protesters today and I'm reminded of Kent state, but in another country.
I wonder if the guy who stood in front of the Chinese tank is still alive.
I highly doubt it. he disappeared into the fog after that, and was probably dead within 15 min.
President Trump signed an Executive Order today disbanding his 2016 Presidential Election Voter Fraud Committee.

That committee was an ill-advised and unnecessary waste of time and money which was clearly undertaken to appease an ego-bruise for Trump having lost the popular vote by 3 million, in my opinion. So, I'm glad to see it go.

As covered upthread, over the last couple of decades many investigations into voter fraud allegations have been launched by non-partisan groups and by groups itching to find evidence of significant voter fraud......all of them have proven that such fraud is a rare exception, not a common occurrence.

The bi-partisan state voter administrators do a good job. Americans should be proud of that. And, while it's frustrating in some ways, it's a benefit that individual state voting processes vary widely (making it difficult for a widespread national breach to be perpetrated).

Of course............the EO said "despite substantial evidence of voter fraud" the committee is being disbanded and blue states were blamed for not turning over information. That's bullshit. Investigations get terminated because substantial evidence is NOT found, or when substantial evidence points in the opposite direction of a biased partisan committee.

In any case, I'm glad to see no more tax-payer money is being wasted on this committee.
Has Trump done anything that is considered "good" and is the economy his baby? How are his polls? Did he get spaghetti on his tie? Does he have sexual relations with Melania?
She loves his whopper.
Now THAT sounds like fake news, she loves the spotlight and his money. Her script was written a while ago. But the Donald knows she's there.
(01-07-2018, 10:55 PM)Maggot Wrote: Has Trump done anything that is considered "good" and is the economy his baby? How are his polls? Did he get spaghetti on his tie? Does he have sexual relations with Melania?

Before the Donald got in office, my stocks hovered around $100 per share for several years.

Yesterday I checked them, they were $131.75 per share! I'd say that's good!

However, too bad he is the way he is! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(01-07-2018, 10:55 PM)Maggot Wrote: Has Trump done anything that is considered "good" and is the economy his baby? How are his polls? Did he get spaghetti on his tie? Does he have sexual relations with Melania?

No, he's done nothing good.

The economy is not his baby, it's Obama's.

I doubt he eats spaghetti given his fear of being poisoned.

He had sex with her at least once.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-08-2018, 06:26 AM)Duchess Wrote:
[size=medium][i]

The economy is not his baby, it's Obama's.

hah 2822
Remember when Donald Trump said that he loved Oprah Winfrey and she was his ideal choice for Vice President?

Well, she's reportedly open to skipping a VP gig and running for President in 2020.

She gave a strong speech at the Golden Globe Awards last night which apparently got a lot of people proclaiming 'Oprah for Prez!', and her partner later said she'd definitely do it if that's what the people want.

We've had a few entertainers turned politicians.........Ronald Reagan, Aarnold Schwarzenneger, Jessie Ventura, Al Franken, and Donald Trump. So, I guess there's a possibility she could get elected if she ran. She is a very successful business person, a champion of people, a real media mogul, and worth billions...all self-made.

If the U.S. voted Oprah into the White House, I bet my friend Aussie would have renewed respect for our country!!! ')
(01-08-2018, 09:34 AM)Maggot Wrote: hah 2822

trump is one year in and his economy is due largely to trends started during Obama's time in office. I'm not guessing this, this is a fact that is easily found online. Also, keep in mind, the stock market is not the economy.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

I think it's good that more NATO/UN member countries are now paying their committed shares.

And, it's also good that significantly fewer immigrants are risking their lives and eventual deportation by crossing our borders illegally.

I don't like the means by which President Trump has helped achieve those results, but the outcomes are positive, in my opinion.

As for the economy, he hasn't fucked up the positive roll which was long underway when he took office. That's good. Job growth was slower in 2017 than the last year's of the previous administration, but I don't know if that reflects at all on Trump. Growth eventually slows regardless as we get closer to full employment.

As for the stock market, my investments are worth more today than they were a year ago. I believe that is due, at least partly, to Trump's deregulation policies and his rhetoric. I think he's inspired investor confidence. I hope it doesn't come crashing down.