Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
(01-08-2018, 12:36 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think he's inspired investor confidence. I hope it doesn't come crashing down.

The laws of economics can be ignored for only so long before disaster hits.
As far as I read Oprah was not interested in running. Until I hear her say it, Stedman saying "She'll do it" isn't enough for me to believe.
I read even the Rock could be considering running for office. But I won't believe that yet either! LOL
(01-08-2018, 01:34 PM)pyropappy Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 12:36 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think he's inspired investor confidence. I hope it doesn't come crashing down.

The laws of economics can be ignored for only so long before disaster hits.

Yeah, that's my concern. I'm planning to make major changes and likely selling the business and the house this year. I'm moving as quickly as I can to do it before the bottom falls out. Hopefully, I'm being overly cautious, but I don't think so.
(01-09-2018, 02:27 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'm planning to make major changes and likely selling the business and the house this year.

Wow! Those are huge, life changing things. Good luck, HotD, it sounds exciting & scary.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Where are you going to move to? Clang will need a roomie when he moves...
(01-09-2018, 11:58 AM)BigMark Wrote: Where are you going to move to? Clang will need a roomie when he moves...

I'm not moving anywhere soon. Except a chicken coop maybe.:(
(01-09-2018, 11:54 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 02:27 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'm planning to make major changes and likely selling the business and the house this year.
Wow! Those are huge, life changing things. Good luck, HotD, it sounds exciting & scary.

Thank you Duchess. I've been contemplating it for a long time. I love San Francisco and my home, but it's very expensive to own a business and own a home in San Francisco. The continued growth in local regulations and taxes makes it increasingly difficult, and now the inability to write those off fully due to the new federal tax plan will make it nearly impossible according to my analysis and that of my tax attorney.

I help my mom and my niece financially and I'm not getting any younger, so it's time to make changes while I can (likely) get a very good return on my investment and move on to a lower cost of living. I'm dug in deep here though, so it takes a lot of time and planning to uproot wisely.

(01-09-2018, 11:58 AM)BigMark Wrote: Where are you going to move to? Clang will need a roomie when he moves...
If/when I move on, I'll most likely resettle in Arizona, Biggie. My older sister lives near Phoenix and all her children and grandchildren live there too. Housing and cost of living is much lower. I like it there alright and so does my niece (though the heat in summer truly sucks ass). Plus, when my mom needs personal care, she can come to AZ too and we can take care of her jointly.
Go to Prescott up in the hills, much cooler.
(01-10-2018, 01:52 PM)BigMark Wrote: Go to Prescott up in the hills, much cooler.

One of my best friends and her husband moved from Huntington Beach to Prescott Valley eight years ago. I really like it there.

But, I'll still need to work and I want my niece to have good career opportunities and the ability to meet other young people.

So, I've been looking at houses in Gilbert, Tempe, Phoenix, Mesa... Employment opportunities in health care, tech, and criminal justice (our fields of experience) are good and growing in that area.
(01-10-2018, 01:58 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 01:52 PM)BigMark Wrote: Go to Prescott up in the hills, much cooler.

One of my best friends and her husband moved from Huntington Beach to Prescott Valley eight years ago. I really like it there.

But, I'll still need to work and I want my niece to have good career opportunities and the ability to meet other young people.

So, I've been looking at houses in Gilbert, Tempe, Phoenix, Mesa... Employment opportunities in health care, tech, and criminal justice (our fields of experience) are good and growing in that area.
There goes the neighborhood. hah I don't care for Phx, Mesa, Tempe area on the whole. Lived in Scottsdale for a while. It's getting more and more like LA every day. Love Prescott. If anybody doesn't there's something wrong with them.
(01-10-2018, 02:25 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: There goes the neighborhood. hah I don't care for Phx, Mesa, Tempe area on the whole. Lived in Scottsdale for a while. It's getting more and more like LA every day. Love Prescott. If anybody doesn't there's something wrong with them.

Hey.......don't get arrested or require in-home healthcare and you won't even know we're there. Smiley_emoticons_smile

My sister and her ex lived in Scottsdale when they first moved to Arizona thirty years ago. It was a nice home and a really nice area, but VERY sleepy at the time.

I'll definitely consider Prescott, though it's more expensive than the areas I've been scoping out and seems like career opportunities would be less available there (without a long commute, which I'd like to avoid if possible).
(01-10-2018, 02:38 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 02:25 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: There goes the neighborhood. hah I don't care for Phx, Mesa, Tempe area on the whole. Lived in Scottsdale for a while. It's getting more and more like LA every day. Love Prescott. If anybody doesn't there's something wrong with them.

Hey.......don't get arrested or require in-home healthcare and you won't even know we're there. Smiley_emoticons_smile

My sister and her ex lived in Scottsdale when they first moved to Arizona thirty years ago. It was a nice home and a really nice area, but VERY sleepy at the time.

I'll definitely consider Prescott, though it's more expensive than the areas I've been scoping out and seems like career opportunities would be less available there (without a long commute, which I'd like to avoid if possible).
Did you look at the Tucson opportunities? I mean, it's my personal hideaway, but for those specific areas of expertise we have a lot to offer. Contrary to what you may believe, I like you. 11
I heard Tucson is ghetto.
Tucson is a possibility. I don't think it's ghetto in general, but there as some areas that are shadier than others (like most big cities). That doesn't bother me.
Speaking of Arizona (but back to politics)......

[Image: arpaio-trump-ap.jpg]

Trump supporter and recently pardoned convicted criminal Joe Arpaio is reportedly seriously considering a senate run.

Man, I hope he doesn't run. But, if he does, I hope he loses............just like he did the last Sheriff's election.

I don't like people who disregard court orders and perjure themselves, especially when they're in law enforcement.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/201...-joke.html
Moving sucks, you never know how much crap you really own until you. Move. Hopefully you move into a bigger place. I've always said moving is tolerable as long as you have a job waiting there, or at least a rich Uncle. I really wish the best and for some reason I just know that you will do the right thing. You're not stupid by any means.

Now Massachusetts boneheads that come to my State as a transplant, now them imbeciles, they are as numb as a cunt filled with novacaine. Just yesterday a millennial couple was bitching that their stupid Christmas tree was still sitting at the end of their driveway after everyone else's had been picked up. They still had tinsel on it and no way would they take it. I told them so and they said Lowell would have taken it. When I said "your not in Lowell now Buttercup" she spun around and left her husband Bu ba-a-ba-ba heh.............I'm kinda happy she got pissed.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-10-2018, 05:51 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Tucson is a possibility. I don't think it's ghetto in general, but there as some areas that are shadier than others (like most big cities). That doesn't bother me.
South 6th. Emergency crews don't respond down there. And Tucson is not a big city. That's why I like it here. Beyond that we have a host of retirement communities and world class golf courses that bring in retirees from all over the globe. Thus care giving is a pretty big industry here. The U of A has a pretty good CSI program that works in tandem with surrounding LE agencies up to and including border patrol which of course is federal, pays better and has tons of bennies. I was at border patrol this last Tuesday. Hadn't been there in a couple of years and my how it's grown. The sea of Cortez is about 4 hours away. San Diego 8. The White Mountains about 8 as well and Tucson's own personal haven in the mountains is only a 45 minute trip if there comes a day you want to escape the heat and hang out with mother nature. If you want to dip your toe, shoot me a PM before you get here and I'll show you around.
(01-10-2018, 04:17 PM)BigMark Wrote: I heard Tucson is ghetto.
It totally is. You shouldn't come here.
Thank you for the good first-hand info Gunnar. I responded in the BIG ADVENTURE thread upstairs.
I saw Joe Arpaio, 85, interviewed by Chris Cuomo last night. What a shit show.

I never had any problem at all with Sheriff Joe being a character who was tough on crime, especially with hardened criminals.

But, he really crossed the line with his racial-profiling stops (though he helped his friends in the private for-profit prisons make a lot of money, I'm sure).

Then, he defied court orders to stop his cops from detaining people just for looking Hispanic and he lied about it (he now says he always had probable cause, documents show otherwise).

He was pissed that Cuomo asked him about those issues, his conviction and pardon, and whether he was still a birther who believes that Obama was born in another country.

He STILL insists that Obama's birth certificate is a fake, suggested that he was the target of a conspiracy by Obama and Holder, and said he should be elected to the senate because he supports everything Trump says and does.

When Cuomo asked him whether he would drop out if Trump asked him to do so because Trump has already supported another Republican running for Flake's seat, Arpaio said Trump would NEVER ask that of him and that Trump hadn't formally 'endorsed' Ward.

Well, if Republicans Kelli Ward and Joe Arpaio split Repubican votes in the senatorial race, that will be very good for the Democratic candidate. And, if Trump decides to endorse Arpaio and Arpaio loses, no one will be able to blame it on newly politically castrated Steve Bannon like they did with Roy Moore in Alabama.

I think it would be best for Trump, the Republicans, and the state of Arizona if Arpaio thanked his lucky stars he's not behind bars and rode off into the sunset. As of now, he's convinced he'll win and has formally declared his candidacy.