Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
(02-28-2018, 12:16 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Here you go Duchess Blowing-kisses

hah Thanks, doll! I appreciate the thought.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-28-2018, 12:20 PM)BigMark Wrote: Pride in America, proud to BE an American. Half the people in this State want a different flag to fly over us.

I'm a proud American. I love my country & feel so lucky that I live in the land of the free and home of the brave. 27

General John Kelly said this morning, " The last thing I wanted to do was walk away from one of the great honors of my life, being the secretary of Homeland Security, but I did something wrong and God punished me, I guess."

hah The daily shit show. hah
President Trump will have gone through five Communications Directors in just over a year when Hope Hicks steps down. Turnover has been historically high across the board in this administration.

I don't really know how much Hicks' departure will effect the efficiency of the administration; she's primarily stayed behind the scenes.

It was good for the country that National Security Advisor Mike Flynn was busted and ousted so early into his tenure. He was a terrible unhinged choice from the get-go.

But, I'm disappointed to hear that his replacement, H.R. McMaster, has resigned and will be stepping down as early as next month. I think McMaster is a pro and good for the country.

A leading candidate to become President Donald Trump’s third National Security Adviser is the auto industry executive Stephen Biegun, according to the officials.

Biegun, who currently serves as vice president of international governmental affairs for the Ford Motor Company, is no stranger to the White House. He served on the National Security Council staff from 2001 to 2003, including as a senior staffer for then-national security adviser Condoleezza Rice.

Rice recently said that McMaster was one of the best generals in a generation and doing a great job as National Security Advisor.

Anyway, if Biegun takes over, I sure hope he's great and willing to disagree with the President and anyone else who he feels is off-base when it comes to our nation's security. National security expertise and leadership is desperately needed at present.

Story: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-...th-n852371
I'm gonna get off the plantation and stop acting like a lockstep Democrat and say that Trumps plan to add tariffs to foreign steel imports is not a good thing. I like and believe in American made products and I do not use foreign but adding tariffs to imports is a bad move. I think what may happen at the end of the day is only certain countries will get the tariffs, Canada, Mexico and a few others will be exempt but China on the other hand will be taxed heavily. Olympic steel is a big importer but Majestic is a domestic steel provider. Canada supplies a lot of raw Aluminum.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Putin announced several new nuclear weapons systems designed to attack America and the prez is tweeting about Alec Baldwin. This comes within days of Mike Rogers, the NSA director, saying he hasn't been authorized to hit back at Russia for meddling in our election/s.

Jesus Christ
My bet is that the steel tariffs will be gone in short order, just like when it was done in the early 2000's - and that one was an even bigger tariff (30%).
(03-02-2018, 12:04 PM)Duchess Wrote: Putin announced several new nuclear weapons systems designed to attack America and the prez is tweeting about Alec Baldwin. This comes within days of Mike Rogers, the NSA director, saying he hasn't been authorized to hit back at Russia for meddling in our election/s.

Jesus Christ

I was actually very surprised that no official response was given to Putin's very public nuclear superiority statements and implicit warning to the U.S. and other countries.

I shouldn't have been surprised considering the lack of acknowledgment and condemnation from the President regarding Russia's covert and overt actions against the U.S.

While Putin seems to be succeeding in recreating the Soviet Cold War days......the real war is the cyber war and Putin is winning, in my opinion. Russia's offensive strikes in the 2016 elections may not have been terribly sophisticated, but they were brazen and effective.

I keep waiting for some strong defensive action and punitive response from our President and hoping it's going down behind the scenes. But, that's likely just wishful thinking on my part.

It's being reported that trump confident, Carl Icahn dumped $31.3 million dollars of stock in a company heavily dependent on steel just days before trump announced plans to impose tariffs. He has impeccable timing, dontcha think. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(03-02-2018, 12:04 PM)Jimbone Wrote: My bet is that the steel tariffs will be gone in short order, just like when it was done in the early 2000's - and that one was an even bigger tariff (30%).

Today pricing is up 15% on all new orders.
(03-02-2018, 12:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It's being reported that trump confident, Carl Icahn dumped $31.3 million dollars of stock in a company heavily dependent on steel just days before trump announced plans to impose tariffs. He has impeccable timing, dontcha think. Smiley_emoticons_smile

What company was it?
(03-02-2018, 01:52 PM)Maggot Wrote: What company was it?

Manitowoc Company Inc., they make cranes and "lifting solutions".
A couple investors sold stock over the past few days with them. They are up 78% from 2016 so it may have been a bad move unless they found something better to gamble on. I wonder how many dumped GM, Ford or Chrysler.

Someone forged a nomination of trump for the Nobel Peace prize. Twice. 115
Any one that thinks tariffs are good, including the Cheeto in chief, better google "Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act" of 1930 because it wasn't a very big success.
(03-02-2018, 12:04 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Putin announced several new nuclear weapons systems designed to attack America and the prez is tweeting about Alec Baldwin. This comes within days of Mike Rogers, the NSA director, saying he hasn't been authorized to hit back at Russia for meddling in our election/s.

Jesus Christ

Where were you in the1980's????

Every hear of Star Wars Technology; better known as SDI? It was a bluff by Reagan to bankrupt the USSR.

If you read Duggin, you would know it is part of the plan to sow chaos.
(03-03-2018, 02:07 PM)pyropappy Wrote: Where were you in the1980's????

The North Country.

Gary Cohn, the prez' top economic advisor, has resigned.
(03-06-2018, 06:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Gary Cohn, the prez' top economic advisor, has resigned.

This is one resignation I wish hadn't gone down. Cohn is not at all supportive of the recently announced steel tariffs because he's looking at all the downstream industry impacts and feels it will be a huge negative impact on our economy. I agree with him. I hope we're wrong.
Domestic steel supplies 70% of the country China steel is 4% the biggest export the US supplies is energy. Oil, gas etc. Although American steel is a better product than foreign steel with a higher tensile strength many countries prefer it. Canada is a big supplier of Aluminium. Not sure about stainless steel I should find out about that. I am marking all steel orders up 25-30% now. It was costing 49 cents a pound last month and is now at 67 cents per pound. That is usually dictated by the cost of oil but is now in new territory. For now at least.