Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

hah That's fricken ah-mazing!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Posted on the Washington DC Craigslist. hah

SEEKING LEAD ATTORNEY FOR DIFFICULT CLIENT (1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW)

compensation: Client is a hugely wealthy man. Hugely successful. Everyone says it.

employment type: contract

Seeking a lead attorney to represent client involved in an ongoing Federal investigation. Must be familiar with laws and procedures around discovery, executive privilege, international financing of licensed real estate, election law and the Logan Act.

Working knowledge of social media, especially Twitter is a plus, as is a better than average knowledge of the adult film industry and a collection of Playboy magazines from 1985-2010.

Must look the part - Gregory Peck or Tommy Lee Jones type. Prior appearances on Fox News a huge plus. No fatties.

Must be prepared to work with a client who is very forceful and opinionated about his defense and is his own best counsel.

Basically your job boils down to keeping him from testifying under oath and hoping the rest comes out in the wash.

Ask about our other openings on our staff and submit your resume to be considered for potential openings in the near future. Perhaps the very near future. Like, hit refresh on your browser now. Now again.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/...95570.html
(03-28-2018, 06:12 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Posted on the Washington DC Craigslist. hah

SEEKING LEAD ATTORNEY FOR DIFFICULT CLIENT (1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW)

compensation: Client is a hugely wealthy man. Hugely successful. Everyone says it.

employment type: contract

Seeking a lead attorney to represent client involved in an ongoing Federal investigation. Must be familiar with laws and procedures around discovery, executive privilege, international financing of licensed real estate, election law and the Logan Act.

Working knowledge of social media, especially Twitter is a plus, as is a better than average knowledge of the adult film industry and a collection of Playboy magazines from 1985-2010.

Must look the part - Gregory Peck or Tommy Lee Jones type. Prior appearances on Fox News a huge plus. No fatties.

Must be prepared to work with a client who is very forceful and opinionated about his defense and is his own best counsel.

Basically your job boils down to keeping him from testifying under oath and hoping the rest comes out in the wash.

Ask about our other openings on our staff and submit your resume to be considered for potential openings in the near future. Perhaps the very near future. Like, hit refresh on your browser now. Now again.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/...95570.html

Craigslist, "Weirdos R Us"! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Veterans Affairs Secretary Shulkin is out & the prez' physician is in.

Top Trump Firings/Resignations/Departures -

Yates
Flynn
Walsh
Comey
Dubke
Shaub
McFarland
Corralo
Spicer
Short
Priebus
Mooch
Bannon
Gorka
Icahn
Lotter
Price
Powell
Manigault
Dearborn
McCabe
Porter
Brand
Sorensen
Raffel
Hicks
Cohn
Tillerson
McEntee
McMaster
Shulkin

Holy crapola, kinda puts things in perspective! Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I call it the "wall of shame" hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Why would the EPA roll back emission standards? Why? They are a good thing!
The standards are increasingly progressive to start becoming repressive as the years go by, at first it was easy but targets were upped back in 2010 to an almost impossible target.

For medium- and heavy-duty vehicles, fuel economy and greenhouse gas standards were first set in 2011 for model years 2014-2018. In August 2016, EPA and NHTSA finalized new Phase 2 fuel economy standards for model years 2021-2027. The Trump Administration has shown interest in revisiting Phase 2 standards for medium- and heavy-duty vehicles. In April 2017, EPA requested a pause in a federal court case (Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association v. EPA) over the Phase 2 standards. In its filing, EPA said it might adjust the standards, resolving the manufacturers’ concerns.

Emissions

It's not a rollback it's a "pause" to give manufacturers more time to reach the 2025 target.
Won't that kill the polar bears?
(04-03-2018, 01:07 PM)BigMark Wrote: Won't that kill the polar bears?

Nah, they're already dead from drinking Coca-Cola.

Hotd rubs frisco bears bellys, I'm so fucking jealous.
(04-03-2018, 08:29 PM)BigMark Wrote: Hotd rubs frisco bears bellys, I'm so fucking jealous.

Don't be jealous Biggie.

With a few hours drive, the same experience is yours for the taking.

The bears here in San Francisco would probably much rather have you rubbing their bellies than me.
No shit Cher lock.
If it all pans out........this could be a big achievement for Trump; a very good thing in terms of avoiding a trade war and getting China to be a more fair player/partner.

Snip:
Global stock markets rose on Tuesday, as a speech from the Chinese president was uncharacteristically conciliatory and raised hopes that the country was willing to negotiate in its trade dispute with the United States.

Speaking at the Boao Forum for Asia in the southern province of Hainan, Chinese President Xi Jinping promised to open his country's economy to more foreign investment while modernizing rules surrounding intellectual property and easing tariffs on imported products such as cars.

Full piece: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/china-jinpi...-1.4612369

So much news today. Where to begin. Remember the Russian sanctions that Niki Haley said were going to be enforced? Well, trump walked those back today.

Michael Cohen was due in court today. The judge said he had to give his client list unless Michael's attorneys could argue why not. They were unsuccessful. Michael has 3 clients *snorts* trump, who paid hush money, the Republican who recently resigned because he paid hush money to a playboy model to abort his baby and...wait for it...Sean Hannity! 28
(04-16-2018, 04:22 PM)Duchess Wrote:

So much news today. Where to begin. Remember the Russian sanctions that Niki Haley said were going to be enforced? Well, trump walked those back today.

Michael Cohen was due in court today. The judge said he had to give his client list unless Michael's attorneys could argue why not. They were unsuccessful. Michael has 3 clients *snorts* trump, who paid hush money, the Republican who recently resigned because he paid hush money to a playboy model to abort his baby and...wait for it...Sean Hannity! 28
The Hannity revelation made me OMGLOL in my car.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(04-16-2018, 04:57 PM)Donovan Wrote: The Hannity revelation made me OMGLOL in my car.

That was pretty much my reaction too. hah This is so delicious.
I took a swipe at him on Twitter. Guy is trying to have us believe that out of all the lawyers in NY, the only one he trusted enough to get real estate advice from was the guy whose only two other clients were strictly sexual deviancy cases, payoffs and shady customers.

Huh.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
OMG! Catfight OMG! Smiley_emoticons_shocked OMG! Sean Hannity is a Russian spy! Brainexplode Stormy Daniels is a Russian spy!!!! Smiley_emoticons_shocked..............Hillary was nominated when she was under criminal investigation!!!!! The_Villagers Oh! the Humanity!!! Yawn

Sarcastic
You're the only person I've seen suggesting, seriously or facetiously, that any of those people are Russian spies Mags.

You're not the only person I've seen who appears obsessed with using Hillary Clinton as a diversion........it's weak and ineffective every time.

Anyhow, Sean Hannity makes $36 million a year, according to Forbes. He has access to teams of attorneys. No matter how you try to downplay it for partisan reasons, it's effin' weird that he is one of only three clients on Michael Cohen's roster.

Hannity now claims he asked Cohen for real estate advice once and gave him 10 bucks so the conversation would be considered covered by attorney-client privilege. If that's true, it's very weird that Cohen and Cohen's attorney fought so hard not to disclose Hannity as one of Cohen's clients because (a) who gives a fuck about that conversation?, and (b) Sean Hannity would not qualify as a 'client' if that was the extent of what Cohen did for him, as far as I can see. It doesn't make sense.

I think damn near everything collected from Cohen's offices and residence (by warrant) is going to be found uncovered by attorney-client privilege. It's looking like Cohen was almost exclusively a fixer for high-profile Republicans/Conservatives who got themselves in seedy jams rather than an attorney acting in a legal capacity.