Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
What does anything leaked to the press have to do with Russian collusion? What does anything the N.Y. F.B.I. found in Cohens house have to do with it? And what does Comey have to do with anything Hillary Clinton as a subject of scrutiny by Comey, is that the question? Or what does anything Meuller is doing now have to do with the original subject he was directed to do?

Comey exonerated Clinton and why is that important considering he is a pub? Or is that the basis of your argument. To me it's very clear. But I'm sure there is some explanation.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Mueller is a Republican lol. Generally speaking, criminals dont get to tell the authorities where they are allowed to look and where they can't. Doesn't work that way. Your boy is everything you idiots were told Hilary was, only he's ACTUALLY A CRIMINAL. And even if Hilary was all those bullshit things you morons believed...
She'd still be way better at it than Trump. She never got caught.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Alex Jones had a weeping crying fit and was yelling "fuck Trump" on his radio show. I wanna know why crying sad Alex Jones isn't a meme already. Where is Zerospheres when we need her?
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Mags, any potential crimes uncovered during an investigation need to be followed through upon under the law (whether they're brought to light through leaks, in the course of separate investigations, via tipsters, etc).

Since Cohen's potential crimes are apparently not related and/or exclusive to Mueller's charter, they were referred to federal prosecutors with the state of New York for investigation.

From there, the state of New York LE investigated, gathered enough probable cause to get a judge to sign off on a no-knock warrant, and gathered potential evidence before it could be destroyed.

Upon review of the materials gathered under the Cohen search warrant........New York state may find no evidence or insufficient evidence to charge Cohen with any crimes. Or, New York state may find sufficient evidence to file criminal charges against Cohen. Remains to be seen.

Comey broke protocol by publicly eviscerating Clinton and sharing his opinions when he made the announcement that no charges were merited against Clinton for using a private email server; there was no evidence of intent.

Comey broke protocol again when he announced that the Clinton server investigation would be re-opened less than two weeks before election day as a result of the Huma/Weiner laptop fiasco (nothing new or relevant was found and, again, no charges were merited).

Comey never mentioned an in-progress Russian collusion investigation against the Trump campaign during the election cycle nor during his tenure with the Trump administration, however. He said that's because it wasn't something already known to the public at that time (whereas the Clinton server investigation was already known to the public).

None of Comey's actions in regards to Clinton were related to Russian interference and nobody has said they were. It was a separate investigation and it's being talked about a lot again now with the release of Comey's book, as is the ongoing Russian interference investigation and a million other political subjects.

After Comey was fired, he had a friend release to the press some information about his encounters and notes related to Trump. There was no law against doing so, though I'd say that was another breach of standard-accepted protocol.

I also think the timing and content of Comey's book and recent interviews is a breach of common protocols for a man who held position of Director of the FBI. But, again, it's not illegal. And, Donald Trump breaches common protocols for a man who holds the highest position in the land everyday (which also isn't against the law in and of itself).

Comey sure as hell did Clinton no favors. And, Comey isn't doing Trump any favors now (aside from getting Trump's loyalists to rally around him even tighter no matter what).

Comey will probably make a fair bit of money off the book, but he's already rich from his private sector work and I think he's doing more harm than good when it comes to his public image.

So anyway..........if Clinton is being re-investigated again and crimes, rather than piss-poor judgment, are uncovered, charge her. Same with Trump and Cohen. No one is above the law in this country.

Comey didn't potentially break any laws and is not under investigation, as far as I know. He thus faces only the court of public opinion and the ire of hard-core Clinton supporters and hard-core Trump supporters.
(04-16-2018, 09:56 PM)Donovan Wrote: Alex Jones had a weeping crying fit and was yelling "fuck Trump" on his radio show. I wanna know why crying sad Alex Jones isn't a meme already. Where is Zerospheres when we need her?

We don't have a customized meme, but we do have a screen shot and a clip of the Jones meltdown: http://mockforums.net/showthread.php?tid...#pid469476 , post 479.

Hilarious and pitiful stuff.

Michael Cohen, the prez personal attorney, has taken the 5th in the Stormy Daniels case. trump said at a campaign event "if you're innocent, why are you taking the 5th amendment?"

Smiley_emoticons_smile
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
That idiot Kanye West has written something in praise of Trump. Didn't he get the memo that Trump can never be right or do anything good? Geez the hate Trumpets are gonna have a field day tearing him apart. They may even have him committed.
"You don't have to agree with trump but the mob can't make me not love him," West tweeted Wednesday. "We are both dragon energy. He is my brother. I love everyone. I don't agree with everything anyone does. That's what makes us individuals. And we have the right to independent thought."

I think Kanye West, whether he's mentally ill or not, is right about that ^. Of course he should be free to openly love, support and admire whomever he wants and wear the red MAGA hat. He says he loves Hillary too. Also, his right.

West was pretty irked at Obama for not 'taking meetings with him" during his presidency, and for calling West a jackass after he drunkenly took the stage during Taylor Swift's first MTV award acceptance speech to tell everyone that his friend Beyonce deserved the award instead. I remember the jackass comment being leaked after Obama made it off the record and West's response to it.

Anyway, some liberals will give West shit for supporting and seeing himself in Trump, no doubt about it.

And some conservatives who've previously considered West an egotistical jackass celebrity who should just shut the fuck up about politics............ will now embrace him, defend his rights to say what he wants, and encourage Trump to take meetings with him to discuss Kanye's ideas about how he can improve the world.

I definitely wouldn't vote for Kanye West if he's actually serious about running for President in 2024, regardless of how he feels about President Trump. Of course, he could just be trolling.

His wife is trying to do damage control because his comments affect her brand. 39
I heard he wears a donald trump wig and goes to town.
He didn't have it on in the movie.
Trump went on Fox and Friends and did an escalating rant that included, among other things, a legally admissible statement that Michael Cohen had represented him in "this Stormy Daniel's thing." As well as tacitly saying he planned to refuse to speak to Mueller.

Avanetti was reacting in real time over on Scarborough Country and called it a gift from heaven...
(04-26-2018, 02:20 PM)Donovan Wrote: Trump went on Fox and Friends and did an escalating rant

...and he wasn't limited to 280 characters. Ahahahaha! It was a thing of beauty. Go, trump, go!
Already today.....

1. The presidential doctor who Trump nominated to take on the enormous job of heading the Department of Veterans Affairs withdrew his nomination............. following accusations from unnamed subordinates about how Dr. Ronny Jackson (also an Admiral) had been drunk on the job, created a hostile working environment, and inappropriately doled out prescription drugs.

[Image: ronny-jackson-1.jpg]
^ Jackson and Trump deny the allegations and presented positive performance reviews from Jackson's tenure during the Obama administration.

However, the nomination surprised lawmakers on both sides of the aisle from the get-go. The Department of Veterans Affairs is second in size only to the Defense department and Jackson has no experience managing a similar-sized organization.

The veterans really deserve an outstanding leader in the position and I hope they get it. That department is such a mess.
2. Scott Pruitt, the head of the Environmental Protection Agency, is being grilled by two House committees regarding possible ethics violations.

[Image: scott.pruitt.twitter.jpg]
^ Pruitt has faced a storm of criticism for allegedly spending extravagantly on security and travel costs, approving large raises for his staffers without authorization, and renting a condo from a lobbyist who had business dealings with his agency.

3. President Trump called in to Fox & Friends this morning. His attorneys must be at their wits end.
[Image: 1524757328_trumps-call-to-fox-and-friend...C425&ssl=1]
Trump ranted about many topics live on the air. The President told the talking heads that Michael Cohen handled only a tiny tiny fraction of his legal matters and that the Stormy Daniels' case was one of them. (ETA: sorry Donovan; just saw your post.)
4. Michael Cohen announced he would take the 5th in the civil case against him by Stormy Daniels so as not to have answer questions that could be held against him in the criminal investigation of his business dealings.

[Image: 5ace8263146e712c008b45e2-750-375.jpg]
^ Cohen also appeared in court in his attempt to get himself and Trump the authorization to review the materials collected from the search of Cohen's premises for attorney-client privilege.

Attorneys in the criminal matter used Trump's Fox & Friends comments about how Cohen was primarily a businessman who only provided a tiny fraction of Trump's legal services to argue that attorney-client privilege should thus be of minimal consideration.

The judge ended up assigning an independent former federal judge with 17 years experience to review the material collected for attorney-client privilege. That wasn't what either side requested, but seems like the best solution to me.

(Some media outlets are having a ball showing a collection of all the times Trump contended that only guilty people and mob members take the 5th while on the campaign trail.)
Also today..........

[Image: 104215523-GettyImages-631554058.530x298....1492113226]

CIA Director Mike Pompeo was confirmed by a Senate vote of 57-42 to become Secretary of State.

It was one of the narrowest margins in history for SoS confirmation, with many senators expressing deep concerns about Pompeo's previous public statements on hawkish use of military force, forced regime change, and Muslims.

His temperament was also a concern for some of the senators when considering Pompeo for the nation's chief diplomatic role.

Pompeo was able to overcome the obstacles by getting six Democratic votes from senators facing re-election this year in Trump country, securing one Independent vote, and working with President Trump to convince Republican senator Rand Paul to drop his opposition to Pompeo's appointment.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mike-pompeo...1524762540
--------------------------------------
I have a low opinion of Mike Pompeo and his positions having watched and listened to him over the years. I hope he pleasantly surprises me and does a good job for our country.

Secretary Clinton was one of the people he reached out to for advice when he was preparing for his confirmation. Weird he would do so given he has called her morally reprehensible. 78
(04-26-2018, 06:01 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Secretary Clinton was one of the people he reached out to for advice when he was preparing for his confirmation. Weird he would do so given he has called her morally reprehensible. 78
They were chummy in the 80's and 90's remember? The Clinton's very much enjoyed the money he brought to their table. So I guess the same could be said for Hil. Weird how she could turn and bite the hand that fed her isn't it? What was the word she used?... Deplorable's... Yeah. Pretty cool huh? American politics are a fucking joke.
Many politicians have 2 faces (mostly all) one that the public sees and another that only other politicians see, quite a few rant about the other and 10 min later are having tea and crumpets with them.