Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
I'd expect the federal judge to grill the federal prosecutors big time in a case of this magnitude; seen it a lot.

Still, Judge Ellis made some comments that were unusually political and harsh. Then again, the context of the case against Manafort is wholly unique as well.

I'm gonna wait and see how the judge rules once he sees the redacted portions of the scope authorization document.

I suspect Manafort will fail in his bid to get the charges dropped and the judge will rule that there is, in fact, an apparent connection between some of the financial fraud and bank laundering charges against Manafort and the broader Russia interference investigation.

However, even if the judge rules that they are not sufficiently connected, those very serious charges against Manafort won't be dropped. The judge will instead likely sever them from Mueller's case and order them to be transferred to a more appropriate court.
The entire case is politically lopsided, I'm glad more people are finally realizing it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
The facts and evidence will speak for themselves............... if our Executive Branch (with a little help from lots of friends in the Legislative Branch) doesn't succeed in its attempt to stymie the Judicial Branch.

Hopefully for all of us, the separation of powers dictated in our Constitution will withstand the current attempts to erode it.
(05-05-2018, 05:13 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'd expect the federal judge to grill the federal prosecutors big time in a case of this magnitude; seen it a lot.

This is just my opinion and God knows I don't know much about this kind of thing, I find much of it confusing but I think the judge has to ask those questions so there is a record of the arguments, I think it will help the prosecutors in case of appeals.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
In Chicago for the first time, really liking it. The Riverwalk

[Image: tZyD27p.jpg]

The train

[Image: uDnrxj2.jpg]

View from my room at the Trump Tower.

[Image: mzYE6Kn.jpg]

[Image: rCaDgKy.jpg]

[Image: m1e7OiN.jpg]
I've only been to Chicago once for an industry conference. I liked the Riverwalk a lot too.

Nice pics Biggie.
(05-01-2018, 10:47 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 09:01 AM)Donovan Wrote: Probably from Cohen's files. There is stuff in the questions which was not public knowledge, like the fact that Cohen was brokering deals to establish backchannel comms with Russia and had detailed plans in his possession.
The trump campaign has paid over 14 million in Michael Cohen's legal fees. Apparently that is going to create some issues as well. It's okay to pay trump's legal fees and trump Jr's. (out of that fund) but it's not okay to pay Cohen's. I don't know how that works but I'd like to!

Why is trump so eager to shut down all this stuff if he's an innocent man?

You guys following the money trail evidence between Cohen, a sanctioned Russian oligarch's company (which also donated $250k to the Trump inauguration fund), AT&T, a pharmaceutical company, etc?

Millions of dollars from those sources were deposited into the LLC Cohen set up to pay off Stormy Daniels.

Entries reflected in the financial summary document, released last night by Daniels' attorney Michael Avenatti, have been confirmed by (rather nervous) statements from the companies named. With the exception of two errors amounting to less than $20k, the data has been independently confirmed as accurate.

The U.S. Treasury Dept's Inspector General has opened an investigation into how Avenatti got a hold of Cohen's LLC bank records. Avenatti appears entirely unconcerned about that and says there's more to come. I have little doubt Avenatti has legally covered his ass from all angles.

Nothing regarding outgoing payments from that LLC's account has yet been revealed. If any of that money was paid out to people in the administration and quid pro quo is apparent, the payees could end up in the deep shit hole right along with Cohen.

The Tribune has a pretty good summary:
http://www.startribune.com/treasury-prob...482199912/
Trump and Jong Un to meet next month. You know that is going to be a party of the decade with those two. Panty sniffing, Gold showers, anal sushi bobbing, you name it. Sky is the limit with these two playboys. "It's good to be the king."

I would be pleasantly surprised if Trump doesn't get played.
(05-10-2018, 01:44 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Nothing regarding outgoing payments from that LLC's account has yet been revealed. If any of that money was paid out to people in the administration and quid pro quo is apparent, the payees could end up in the deep shit hole right along with Cohen.

Pay for play, proof of bribes. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

[Image: 0ca5b0cb4f463d015456c7726c24ade4.jpg]
And in a completely unrelated story Her Royal Thighnes Stormy Daniels is getting paid to step on cheetos at strip clubs. I would like the world to know she was MUCH hotter when he had sex with her.
The documents released by Avenatti on Tuesday publicly tie the Cohen investigation to the Russia Interference investigation for the first time through Cohen's LLC shell company's financial activity.

[Image: michael-cohen-shell-company-promo-152590...eLarge.jpg]

Special investigator Mueller seems to have known all about it months ago, however. The companies that wired money into Cohen's shell company have all confirmed that they were questioned by the Mueller team previously.

Vekselberg is the Russian oligarch whose plane was recently stopped by Mueller's team when it landed in the U.S. He is now sanctioned.

He has a net worth of about $15.5 billion, making him the fifth-richest person in Russia, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. In addition to controlling Renova (the Russian parent company of Columba Nova, an investment firm run out of Seattle by Vekselberg's cousin Andrew Intrater) Vekselberg heads Skolkovo, a tech incubator financed by the Russian government that’s often touted as being the Kremlin’s answer to Silicon Valley.

Lots more detail:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/09/us/po...v=top-news
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...yond-cohen
(05-10-2018, 12:42 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The documents released by Avenatti on Tuesday publicly tie the Cohen investigation to the Russia Interference investigation for the first time through Cohen's LLC shell company's financial activity.

That hottie Michael Avenatti is going to rip trump a new one. I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation! I'm damn near bouncing!
Some good bud, some high blue waves is all I need dude, all I need.

[Image: 4b95cc4feb513e065a3e8d6eb4776929.jpg]

I've got the good bud and once this storm gets here I may have the high waves. I keep thinking today is Friday. On Monday I thought it was Saturday. My eye keeps twitching and I'm not sure if I'm tired or stressed.

Today is Thursday, right.
Yeah, I'm due for some time off. It's Thursday alright.
(05-10-2018, 12:54 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-10-2018, 12:42 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The documents released by Avenatti on Tuesday publicly tie the Cohen investigation to the Russia Interference investigation for the first time through Cohen's LLC shell company's financial activity.

That hottie Michael Avenatti is going to rip trump a new one. I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation! I'm damn near bouncing!
Pics of you bouncing?
It's fever night.
It's always Fever night

[Image: tumblr_nt7a6sxvkT1rk1il9o2_400.gif]