Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
That was a good show. I watch re-runs every once in a while and still remember the one where they threw the Turkeys out of the helicopter on Thanksgiving. Funny stuff.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
[Image: DVnf5rmU8AAyDXo.jpg]
hah True story
I wish the media would let go of the outrage about a staffer disparaging John McCain during an internal meeting. I respect McCain, primarily for his extraordinary service in Vietnam, but I don't expect Trump and company to show any respect for true patriots who dare not to lick Trump's ass.

The female staffer said "it doesn't matter, he's dying anyway" regarding McCain's objection to CIA director nominee Gina Haspel and somebody leaked it to the press. The staffer called and apologized to McCain's daughter, but Trump hasn't acknowledged or apologized for the idiotic comment.

Calls for the staffer to be fired and over a week of media outrage are too much, in my opinion. Trump, who dodged the draft and said his service involved avoiding contracting an STD while his peers were off fighting for our country, has attacked McCain himself many times (before and after McCain was diagnosed with brain cancer). So, I don't know why anyone would think him capable of apologizing on behalf of someone else.

Trump, of course, is more focused on the "dirty traitor leaker" than the disrespect by his staff (despite the fact that he's profusely praised leaks that worked in his favor).

Anyway, the more interesting story which journalists should be digging deeper into is Trump's recent declaration that he's going to "save Chinese jobs" by trying to lift sanctions against a Chinese telecom company, ZTE, which was found to be a threat to our national security.

The puzzling about-face by Trump comes just after China agreed to fund $500 million of an Indonesian development project which would feature a Trump Hotel and golf course. It's just one of several puzzling presidential decisions made after foreign governments took action that benefited the Trump organization or Ivanka's business. I wanna know if the activities are causally related, because it sure smells like shit on the surface.
(05-15-2018, 10:07 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The puzzling about-face by Trump comes just after China agreed to fund $500 million of an Indonesian development project which would feature a Trump Hotel and golf course. It's just one of several puzzling presidential decisions made after foreign governments took action that benefited the Trump organization or Ivanka's business. I wanna know if the activities are causally related, because it sure smells like shit on the surface.

It smells like shit because it is shit. trump first, America last. He's all about making a buck, same goes for his family, Jared is raking in money too.

It's remarkable to me how silent the GOP & Republicans in general are on all this bullshit. Not a peep outta them. Years of crying about the deficit, the Constitution, the United States role in the world, etc. and now to find out it didn't really mean anything, they didn't actually care, they just wanted to hear themselves bitch. I look forward to laughing in faces when the tables are turned, I will laugh & laugh and tell 'em all to suck it. Mwahahahaha.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Holy shit balls. Whatta day of news. Where to begin!
(05-16-2018, 06:31 PM)Duchess Wrote: Holy shit balls. Whatta day of news. Where to begin!

Smiley_emoticons_smile Don’t even try to begin. By tomorrow, the plot will thicken.

I seriously want Trump and company to succeed in doing good for our country.

And, I seriously hate the idea of the United States’ interests and security being up for sale by elected officials and their family members and associates. Fuck that.

I’m still waiting for the tangible and circumstantial evidence to be laid out and hoping it’s not as bad as it looks.

In any case, I’m worried that our Congress has lost sight of its ‘checking’ duties and is strictly operating according to party lines.

So, I’ve reactivated politically — issue by issue and candidate by candidate. Independents (now the largest percentage of voters) hold the key. Gotta be active and gotta get out the vote in the specials and the November midterms.

A lot of the volunteer efforts I’m involved in have online applications. But, the bulk of it is listening and talking to people’s concerns/wishes and trying to convert those sentiments into a consolidated message for decent candidates to sincerely articulate.
The time for hopefulness that this regime will somehow accidentally do the right thing has passed. Through a combination of hubris, stupidity and nefarious design we elected the worst possible candidates for our most esteemed and revered positions, and we are all responsible for the destruction that has followed and is yet to come. There are people who think things could be worse at this point. They will be before this is finished.

I feel like we as a nation were told by Zul to pick the form of the destructor, and we chose the creamsicle marshmallow man.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
I hope your leather elbow patches get ripped off in an industrial accident.
Nobody ever said making America great again would be easy. 45846688jerry
(05-17-2018, 06:30 AM)Donovan Wrote: The time for hopefulness that this regime will somehow accidentally do the right thing has passed. Through a combination of hubris, stupidity and nefarious design we elected the worst possible candidates for our most esteemed and revered positions, and we are all responsible for the destruction that has followed and is yet to come. There are people who think things could be worse at this point. They will be before this is finished.

I feel like we as a nation were told by Zul to pick the form of the destructor, and we chose the creamsicle marshmallow man.

Donovan, what's your opinion about Stormy's attorney Michael Avenatti? He's incredibly smart, graduated law school Order of the Coif, top of his class, super smart! trump never tweets about him. Heh.
The swamp smells worse than ever.

Remember when the Trump administration came down on Qatar, seemingly out of nowhere? They've since reversed course.

Tonight the AP released a piece which may explain a few things. In any case, the story is a prime example of maximum swamp swelling.

Two unregistered lobbyists, one a convicted scammer and one a convicted pedophile, were working Trump and company on behalf of Saudi Arabian and the UAE princes. The convicts were set to make billions convincing the Trump administration to turn on Saudia Arabia's and UAE's nemesis, Qatar.

The convicted scammer is none other than Elliott Broidy, the top Trump fundraiser and RNC member who stepped down after it was revealed that Trump's personal lawyer Michael Cohen had arranged a pay off to a Playboy model with whom Broidy had an affair and impregnated.

The convicted pedophile is George Nader, who is now cooperating with the Mueller investigation in regards to his Russian connections.

The AP reviewed and researched emails between Broidy and Nader. Fascinating read: https://www.apnews.com/7899619719114ec4b...ne-seekers

They refer to Jared as the "clown prince" *snicker*

Most people thought Congress would work the way it was supposed to with checks & balances. That's turned out to not be true at all.

trump and company know what is coming, so do some smarter people on the Republican side, they are gettin' out while the gettin' is good.

Secretary Clinton's email server seems so quaint these days.
(05-22-2018, 04:41 AM)Duchess Wrote:
Most people thought Congress would work the way it was supposed to with checks & balances.

I was one of those people. I was wrong. The Democrats really need to win the House in November.

Sadly, we're in a situation where an authoritarian-leaning President's party holds majority seats in both houses of Congress, and the Republican congresspersons' duty to the American people to provide checks and balances on the Executive branch has been ignored.

I was also wrong about Paul Ryan being a decent and principled elected official, even though I disagreed with many of his views. Ryan has proven to be spineless; I watched him toss the principles he preached for years out the window after Trump's election and he saw his opportunity to get that massive tax benefit for the wealthy enacted. I would never have predicted Paul Ryan would do a complete 180 and push a budget that increased the deficit by a trillion dollars. Mr. Balanced Budget sold out fast.

The Speaker of the House is a bitch of a job for anyone, no doubt. But, Ryan's been one of the worst in terms of leadership and checks and balances. I'll be glad to see him go............ so long as the Democrats flip the House. If it remains in Republican control, I think Trump's pal Kevin McCarthy would be even worse, and Steve Scalise or Mark Meadows would be terrible as well.

All I ever wanted was for the same standards to be held for everyone. Everyone! Same rules, same standards. I never felt that was too much to ask, yet, it is.

I cannot believe that Scott Pruitt is till there. It boggles the mind. Just this morning there was a summit on harmful water contaminants and one of his guards stopped an AP reporter from going through a security checkpoint. He grabbed her by the shoulders and shoved her forcibly out of the building. This is some fucked up shit.
45846688jerry
(05-22-2018, 11:06 AM)Duchess Wrote:
I cannot believe that Scott Pruitt is till there. It boggles the mind.

There are some effective and decent people in Trump's administration. Pruitt is not one of them. How much more corruption needs to be uncovered? He's facing 12 or 13 investigations......I've lost track.
(05-17-2018, 06:41 AM)BigMark Wrote: I hope your leather elbow patches get ripped off in an industrial accident.

Being frightened by reason and intelligence is a standard tell of conservative outlook.
http://www.npr.org/2016/04/30/475794063/...re-liberal
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(05-17-2018, 08:45 AM)Maggot Wrote: Nobody ever said making America great again would be easy. 45846688jerry

America isn't great again. If you think it is somehow better by any measure except how easily the rich are being allowed to steal from us all, then you haven't been paying attention.

The BBC is reporting that Michael Cohen took a $400,000 payment to set up talks between the Ukrainian president and trump. The talk took place last June at the White House.

Oh dear.

Story