Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY
Duchess Away
Administrator

RE: THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

They refer to Jared as the "clown prince" *snicker*

Most people thought Congress would work the way it was supposed to with checks & balances. That's turned out to not be true at all.

trump and company know what is coming, so do some smarter people on the Republican side, they are gettin' out while the gettin' is good.

Secretary Clinton's email server seems so quaint these days.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
05-22-2018 04:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

(05-22-2018 04:41 AM)Duchess Wrote:  
Most people thought Congress would work the way it was supposed to with checks & balances.

I was one of those people. I was wrong. The Democrats really need to win the House in November.

Sadly, we're in a situation where an authoritarian-leaning President's party holds majority seats in both houses of Congress, and the Republican congresspersons' duty to the American people to provide checks and balances on the Executive branch has been ignored.

I was also wrong about Paul Ryan being a decent and principled elected official, even though I disagreed with many of his views. Ryan has proven to be spineless; I watched him toss the principles he preached for years out the window after Trump's election and he saw his opportunity to get that massive tax benefit for the wealthy enacted. I would never have predicted Paul Ryan would do a complete 180 and push a budget that increased the deficit by a trillion dollars. Mr. Balanced Budget sold out fast.

The Speaker of the House is a bitch of a job for anyone, no doubt. But, Ryan's been one of the worst in terms of leadership and checks and balances. I'll be glad to see him go............ so long as the Democrats flip the House. If it remains in Republican control, I think Trump's pal Kevin McCarthy would be even worse, and Steve Scalise or Mark Meadows would be terrible as well.

05-22-2018 10:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

All I ever wanted was for the same standards to be held for everyone. Everyone! Same rules, same standards. I never felt that was too much to ask, yet, it is.

I cannot believe that Scott Pruitt is till there. It boggles the mind. Just this morning there was a summit on harmful water contaminants and one of his guards stopped an AP reporter from going through a security checkpoint. He grabbed her by the shoulders and shoved her forcibly out of the building. This is some fucked up shit.

05-22-2018 11:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Maggot Offline
Supermod

45846688jerry

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
05-22-2018 12:29 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(05-22-2018 11:06 AM)Duchess Wrote:  
I cannot believe that Scott Pruitt is till there. It boggles the mind.

There are some effective and decent people in Trump's administration. Pruitt is not one of them. How much more corruption needs to be uncovered? He's facing 12 or 13 investigations......I've lost track.

05-22-2018 12:46 PM

Donovan Offline
Clarified idiot

(05-17-2018 06:41 AM)BigMark Wrote:  I hope your leather elbow patches get ripped off in an industrial accident.

Being frightened by reason and intelligence is a standard tell of conservative outlook.
http://www.npr.org/2016/04/30/475794063/...re-liberal

Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
05-23-2018 10:53 AM

Donovan Offline
Clarified idiot

(05-17-2018 08:45 AM)Maggot Wrote:  Nobody ever said making America great again would be easy. 45846688jerry

America isn't great again. If you think it is somehow better by any measure except how easily the rich are being allowed to steal from us all, then you haven't been paying attention.

Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
05-23-2018 10:57 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

The BBC is reporting that Michael Cohen took a $400,000 payment to set up talks between the Ukrainian president and trump. The talk took place last June at the White House.

Oh dear.

Story

05-23-2018 12:43 PM