Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
EXERCISING YOUR 1ST AMENDMENT
(01-27-2017, 11:07 PM)BigMark Wrote: I volunteered for the Save the Sage foundation and when we did litter cleanup in the habitat the greenpeace assholes shot the shit while we did all the work, fuck all those hypocrites and you too if you fit that profile.

I don't respect litterers either. But, anytime you have massive crowds, there will be some clean-up required. It's not a partisan issue, Biggie, no matter how you try to paint it as such.

It doesn't matter if it's a large Tea Party gathering, a Women's March, a Civil Rights protest, an NRA rally...This is especially true when the gatherings are organic, without planned/dedicated event administration. There wasn't a single incident or arrest in last weekend's march across the country and the globe. There were reportedly more than a million participants and it was peaceful by all accounts. If there was some trash which could be picked up and no damage, that's a minor issue to me.

If you volunteer because you want kudos or to make a political point, then your motives are different than mine, but good on you for getting off your ass anyway.

I headed an organized annual beach clean-up from Huntington to Laguna for several years when I lived in Southern California. We did it because it was good for the environment, the sea life, and we wanted to do it. While that area is predominantly populated by Republicans, it never crossed my mind to position it as if Republicans are filthy litterers who needed Independents like me to clean up their messes. That would have been ignorant, presumptuous and self-aggrandizing.
I don't know whether I should share this secret with you FQ2 because you can be so hateful to people who disagree with your "political" views....I debated but here it is. I don't think you ever explained why you hated President Obama so much and why your life was so miserable for the last 8 years.....I really want to know that. Oh, I digress, here is my secret below.

I got my "Nasty Woman" T-shirt online at Brave New Look. My shirt says "Nasty Women Keep Fighting." You can also have the logo read "Nasty Women Never Give Up." You may want to order one of these shirts for yourself....I wear mine with pride to recognize all the women before me and who stood beside me to pave the way for the rights you, FQ2, enjoy today....and don't forget that.....

I will continue to wear my shirt with pride until I die......

P.S. You might want to occasionally make a positive comment on Mock. Your continued negativity is distressing...you don't have right to be grouchy until you get old like me.....*waiting for your hissy fit....
It was the lower north americans doing the littering.
(01-28-2017, 03:21 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: I don't know whether I should share this secret with you FQ2 because you can be so hateful to people who disagree with your "political" views.

I'm not sure where to begin.....hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Yes, it is quite a conundrum, isn't it?

I will admit to being a bit passionate about this election although I have never been into politics that much whether we had a Democratic or Republican President, but I have had a bit of rage built up in my self over the past 8 years...I have listened to friends, family, and strangers (to include here on Mock) bad mouth President Obama.....Maybe you didn't agree with his platform or thought he should be more aggressive about sending troops back to the mid-east. I can understand that.

What I don't understand is the ongoing racial slurs against President Obama throughout the past 8 years. I have seen and heard every racial epitaph known to mankind toward everyone in the family. I think Pres Obama was/is an honorable man, he loved his family and he did the best he could do for this country in spite of the obstructionists in Congress who stubbornly refused to cooperate with him with utter disregard for the good of the people. I THINK (puppy walked on computer) he will go down in History as an outstanding President.....I felt safe with him in charge....and I was appalled at the hate and disrespectshown to him...i didn't like Bush and disagreed with the invasion of Iraq, but I never called him names (even when recession happened on his watch) or showed him disrespect which was so prevalent during the Obama years. I can't get an answer as to what specific thing Obama did to make your life so miserable that you (not you personally) hated him....yes hate, and it was ugly.......and still is...so many lies and untruths written about him. No one seemed to fact check and some people believed these lies....For ex, the Koran was being made a required course for all American students....this was believed by people I actually know.....

puppy walked on computer again....oh well, what i want to say in closing is that not all Trump supporters are racists, but all racists are Trump supporters....

I say unkind things about Trump because, to me, he has a genuine mental disorder and he will destroy this country if we allow him to continue. I still don't know how this happened. You don't have to be a Psychiatrist to see that he is not emotionally stable. At the rate he is going, he will have us in war with one or more countries in the first month of his Presidency...This is not just the usual political banter or sour grapes, this is a dangerous man we have in the White House and we all (in spite of our political "leanings") should be very concerned.

Note to Hair...hope you can get some sleep tonite..i am taking predisone (sic) which keeps me awake all night.....or until around 5:00 a.m.
MAGA!
(01-29-2017, 12:56 AM)BigMark Wrote: MAGA!

Y'all should wear that as a badge so the rest of us are aware of who has questionable judgement and can steer clear.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Dan Adamini is a Marquette County GOP official. Two days ago he tweeted - "Violent protesters who shut down free speech? Time for another Kent State perhaps. One bullet stops a lot of thuggery".

(02-04-2017, 11:32 AM)Duchess Wrote: Dan Adamini is a Marquette County GOP official. Two days ago he tweeted - "Violent protesters who shut down free speech? Time for another Kent State perhaps. One bullet stops a lot of thuggery".

What a moron, further risking public safety. I read yesterday about another moron of similar mindset.

Allen Scarsella of Minneapolis didn't like that people were protesting the police shooting of Jamar Clark. So, he and two of his friends went to a protest "locked and loaded", wearing masks, and taunting protesters. Scarsella then shot five protesters, including Jamar Clark's cousin. Fortunately, they all survived.

Scarsella tried to claim self-defense because the protesters had confronted him. But, witness testimony, a video he'd streamed indicating his intent, and a slew of his racist texts helped the jury see through his bullshit. He'll have about 20 years to mull over his attempt to use bullets to quash people's first amendment rights (his two accomplices face lesser charges). http://www.startribune.com/scarsella-gui...412476503/
(02-04-2017, 11:57 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: What a moron, further risking public safety.

Yeah. Not a grain of common sense.

It was in response to the Berkeley protests. I don't support those breaking the law but I do support those kids who didn't want a well known white supremacist speaking at their school and then to see the Prez threaten the school was pretty fucked up.
It always sucks for the peaceful protesters when some dipshits take to rioting, vandalism, and/or violence. I was sad to see that happened at Berkeley the other day, but relieved that no one was hurt.

So, yesterday Arizona Republican senators voted to give police new power to arrest anyone who is involved in peaceful demonstration that may turn bad even before anything has actually happened. What the fuck is that shit? They have the ability to read minds now? I ask because that is what is being suggested from my point of view.
(02-04-2017, 12:14 PM)Duchess Wrote: It was in response to the Berkeley protests. I don't support those breaking the law but I do support those kids who didn't want a well known white supremacist speaking at their school and then to see the Prez threaten the school was pretty fucked up.

I'd never watched Breitbart senior editor Milo Yiannopoulos in action because racist fact-free bullshit doesn't interest me. But, Bill Maher had him on his show last Friday and I watched the episode.

[Image: crop_90TV_Maher_Yiannopoulos_01843.jpg-d...Hl9zXuMTNA]
He was clearly a troll pandering to the most intolerant and looking for personal attention. A younger male version of Ann Coulter, only not as good at it and not as smart. That so many men in the U.S. and elsewhere were getting their edited news from Yiannopoulos and believing it is pretty sad.

I can understand why the students at Berkeley didn't want to hear his crap or support his legitimization by having him speak on their campus too, and I agree that didn't justify setting fires and breaking the law -- don't wanna listen to the asshole, don't attend his speech.

Anyway, I'm sure plenty of people were happy to see him go down hard this week. A tape of him advocating pedophilia emerged and that's where the 'conservatives' on the far right finally drew the line. He lost his speaking engagements, his book deal was pulled, and he was forced to resign (in a tizzy, of course) from Breitbart.

I don't doubt he'll find an audience somewhere else and remain in the limelight, but I do doubt that speaking engagements at reputable institutions and conferences are in his future.

I didn't know where to put this so...

There are many people who don't like NFL players kneeling or sitting out the national anthem before games. Personally, I don't care that they do it. After reading this letter I have a better understanding of why they do.

I don't like that a person's skin color can often dictate how they are treated. I think it sucks in the same way one's sexuality may determine how they are treated.

I will go to my grave having never been able to accept how unfair life can be.

[Image: bennett_letter.jpg]
I'm of the opinion that there's most likely more than just his version of events.

He's been a big supporter of Kap, which is his right, but I wonder if he decided to do something to get the cops to have to cuff him in the way he's described?
(09-06-2017, 08:33 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I'm of the opinion that there's most likely more than just his version of events.

He's been a big supporter of Kap, which is his right, but I wonder if he decided to do something to get the cops to have to cuff him in the way he's described?

I looked around to see if there were any accounts of this that differed from Michael's and couldn't find anything.

MS, do you believe white privilege exists?
(09-07-2017, 05:30 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 08:33 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I'm of the opinion that there's most likely more than just his version of events.

I looked around to see if there were any accounts of this that differed from Michael's and couldn't find anything.

I do.
(09-07-2017, 05:30 AM)Duchess Wrote:

There's always three sides to every story.

His side, their side, and the truth!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(09-06-2017, 06:02 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I didn't know where to put this so...

There are many people who don't like NFL players kneeling or sitting out the national anthem before games. Personally, I don't care that they do it. After reading this letter I have a better understanding of why they do.

I don't like that a person's skin color can often dictate how they are treated. I think it sucks in the same way one's sexuality may determine how they are treated.

I will go to my grave having never been able to accept how unfair life can be.

[Image: bennett_letter.jpg]

Meh, they probably treated him just like they treated any other black guy. He thinks he should be special cause he's a football star? I'd be more pissed if this came from the average citizen. Fuckin football players think they deserve more.
(09-07-2017, 07:31 PM)cannongal Wrote: they probably treated him just like they treated any other black guy.

Oh for sure. That's what the problem is. hah