Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING; Liberty German and Abigail Williams
HairOfTheDog Offline

INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING; Liberty German and Abigail Williams

[Image: fox59-background3.jpg?quality=85&amp...;strip=all]

Very sad news. The two 13-year-old girls who were reported missing after going on a hike yesterday were found dead. RIP Abigail Williams (left) and Liberty German (right).

There aren't many details available publicly yet. LE has only revealed the following:

-- the girls were dropped off at the Monon High Bridge Trail by a family member yesterday afternoon,

-- they were reported missing when they didn't show up at the pick up location,

-- their bodies were discovered earlier today on a riverbank at Deer Creek, less than a mile away from where they were supposed to be picked up,

-- and foul play is suspected.

02-14-2017 05:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING

The last signs of life were posted on Snapchat by Liberty; she posted a snap of Abigail walking on the railroad tracks during their hike.

[Image: 3D36B46600000578-4224810-image-m-78_1487103487283.jpg]

I really wanna know what happened and who did this to Liberty and Abigail.

Hopefully, the investigation will get to the bottom of it soon.

Refs:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...girls.html
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bodies-found...suspected/

02-14-2017 05:25 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

AwfulAwfulAwful. They must have been so scared. 21

It's not my worst nightmare but something I always think about when I want to hike someplace new.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
02-14-2017 06:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

(02-14-2017 06:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:  AwfulAwfulAwful. They must have been so scared. 21

It's not my worst nightmare but something I always think about when I want to hike someplace new.

At first, I wondered if it might be a case of double-suicide or murder-suicide.

But, police say the girls' phones were pinging from different locations for a while and then turned off shortly after they were reported missing. So, that seems less likely now.

Still no info as to how Abigail and Liberty were killed or whether there's any POI or suspect.

02-15-2017 11:49 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

At the press conference yesterday, police were asked by a reporter if people in the community should be afraid. I thought the response below was pretty confusing for worried locals:

“I think people are smart enough in our community to draw their own conclusions about what they should feel and shouldn’t feel,” Delphi Police Chief Steve Mullin replied. “Our people are very smart. They are a very good community and they are very strong. And they are able to draw their own conclusions about this whole situation I think quite successfully.”

The reporter clarified that he asked the question because some may be concerned when they hear the words “foul play suspected” that there may be somebody “preying on people that they need to be afraid of.”

Mullin said he “understands” what he is saying, and again responded, “I think people are able to draw their own conclusions about this situation, and they’re smart enough to figure out what this situation warrants them to think. That’s all we have to say about that.”

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liberty-li...ly-bridge/

02-15-2017 11:50 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

That ^^^^^ comment from LE sounds ridiculous to me. Is he implying that the townspeople know how they died and therefor there is nothing to be concerned about? Shit. I don't even understand the response.

02-15-2017 01:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

He's definitely implying that many people know exactly what's happened.

That's what I take from that response.

02-15-2017 03:56 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(02-15-2017 01:26 PM)Duchess Wrote:  That ^^^^^ comment from LE sounds ridiculous to me. Is he implying that the townspeople know how they died and therefor there is nothing to be concerned about? Shit. I don't even understand the response.

I had no idea what the statement meant either; very weird.

Today, LE gave another update. It was clearer, but still vague. I'm not sure if LE is suggesting that the girls had secrets their parents didn't know about or if Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley is instead simply giving general parenting advice.

Here's what he said: "Be cautious and be careful and be parents," he said. "Just make sure they know where their children are at, what their children are doing and -- if nothing else -- know what's going on in their lives." http://www.theindychannel.com/news/crime...e-any-good

02-15-2017 03:56 PM

aussiefriend Away
Mocker

Sounds like a suicide pact. They can't talk about that in the media. They are also trying to prevent copycat incidents. The parents must be beside themselves. It's true you have to be vigilant they are sneaky at 13 and keep stuff from you. Imagine if you are not computer savvy? Kids need the strictest monitoring at that age.

Horrible awful story.

02-15-2017 06:01 PM

Midwest Spy Away

Maybe one of the girls was unaware she was about to be pushed off the bridge.

I'm guessing the girl that took the pic of her friend and posted it, was the pusher. That's where the foul play comes in.

She then went somewhere to collect herself, or gather up the nerve to complete the murder-suicide. Phone pings elsewhere.

When the gravity of the situation kicks in, she realizes she too needs to jump off the bridge.

That's how they end up together on shore, and explains why LE is not searching for anyone.

02-15-2017 08:04 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I never even considered it could be suicide, it just didn't occur to me. Smiley_emoticons_slash

02-15-2017 08:09 PM

Midwest Spy Away

(02-15-2017 08:09 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

I never even considered it could be suicide, it just didn't occur to me. Smiley_emoticons_slash

I'm not often right, but the LE statement leads me to believe it's something like the scenario I described.

02-15-2017 08:12 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

You might be right, MS. But, it could be that the girls happened across a predator or met up with someone nobody knew about. All options are still on the table for me since we don't know how the girls died.

[Image: delphi-poi.jpg?quality=85&strip=...;strip=all]

Earlier today, LE released this photo ^ of a man walking the Delphi Historic Trail at the same time that the girls were hiking there on Feb. 13. LE says they want the public's help identifying him so they can question him about what he might have seen.

LE would also like to speak with anyone who was parked at High Bridge Trail Head on Feb. 13, between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/15/police-expec...teenagers/

02-15-2017 09:46 PM

SIXFOOTERsez Offline
Mocker

Hmm, sounded to me like the cop just doesn't like reporters that ask stupid questions.
he may have also taken a swipe at the parents, Not sure in this day and age I would let my 13 yr old daughter do a trail like that without an adult. Maybe back in the day, but not now
Got some doubts about the suicide angle. I am betting on some predator they ran across on the trail.

02-15-2017 10:54 PM