Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING; Liberty German and Abigail Williams
HairOfTheDog Offline

RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING

Are you drunk or trolling, aussie? You've followed crime cases long enough to know that, sadly, people sometimes do randomly kill kids and adults in crimes of opportunity.

02-25-2017 11:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

aussiefriend Away
Mocker

No i am not fucking drunk. I have a child this age. This hits home i want the bugger fucking caught.

02-25-2017 12:01 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I understand, aussie. Just about everyone wants this guy caught immediately.

Let's hope LE really got perpetrator DNA from the girls' bodies / crime scene and the perpetrator's DNA matches a criminal in the DNA database. That would be hitting the jackpot.

Otherwise, unless someone recognizes the suspect in the photo and reports it soon, it could take some time for LE to identify and track him down.

If LE has perpetrator DNA but no match to it and can't identify the suspect quickly, the fucker could be caught somewhere down the line if he's arrested for committing another crime because his DNA is now in the criminal database for this case.

02-25-2017 12:22 PM

Cheyne Offline
Mocker

Aye, that's the rub with DNA. There could be numerous cases with the same perpetrator DNA, but unless they can match the DNA to a name they have bupkis.

There is mandatory DNA testing in every state when convicted of sexual assault or homicide, and 26 states (and the feds) allow DNA evidence to be collected after a felony arrest and without a warrant. Sounds good, but unless this perpetrator has actually been arrested or convicted of a felony, his name will not be in the database even if his DNA profile is.

02-25-2017 03:21 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(02-25-2017 03:21 PM)Cheyne Wrote:  Aye, that's the rub with DNA. There could be numerous cases with the same perpetrator DNA, but unless they can match the DNA to a name they have bupkis.

Yep, and it's terribly frustrating for LE and the victims' families when there's solid DNA evidence and no match.

I support the use of familial DNA matching, though it's controversial due to privacy concerns for some.

When male perpetrator DNA doesn't get a hit in the criminal database, LE in a handful of states can search for a possible match to a male family member in the criminal database (it's not technically possible with female DNA yet).

It's helped LE solve of a couple of high profile cases and more states are considering allowing it.

02-25-2017 07:49 PM

Love Child Offline
Mocker

(02-15-2017 10:54 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:  Not sure in this day and age I would let my 13 yr old daughter do a trail like that without an adult. Maybe back in the day, but not now

I agree with SIX. When I lived in town we were right next to hiking trails, but I cannot recall my friends letting her boys go on them by themselves. I am going to ask her. I rarely saw kids w/out an adult. In fact I could say probably never.

(02-17-2017 01:18 AM)aussiefriend Wrote:  My daughter is 13. This story hits me in the face. They are just at that age where they are not quite adults but are wanting more freedom and independence and you want to give it to them and them to still play safely.

I cannot imagine the fears of a parent

02-26-2017 02:19 AM

Dogears
Unregistered

Did anyone notice the side of the girls face that was on the railroad tracks? It looked like it was bloody or bruised and dirty.

02-26-2017 03:12 AM
Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

(02-26-2017 03:12 AM)Dogears Wrote:  Did anyone notice the side of the girls face that was on the railroad tracks? It looked like it was bloody or bruised and dirty.

Welcome to Mock, Dogears.

I had not noticed that before. But, when I went back to the photo in post 2 and increased the view to 300%, it did look like Abigail's face was dirty or otherwise discolored.

By the time that photo was snapped, the girls had been in the hiking area for over an hour, I believe. So, Abigail might just have gotten dirty before anything nefarious took place. But, I see what you mean.

Are you thinking it's possible that Liberty took that picture at the direction of the killer?

02-26-2017 03:52 AM

koko Offline
youngin'

(02-18-2017 01:50 AM)aussiefriend Wrote:  I know. When stuff like this happens, I take it personally and it affects me. Like when little Zahra was killed by her evil stepmother. Zahra was Australian living in the US.

Oh god. Zahra was the girl with the prosthetic legs, right? Her father's name was Adam I think? I forgot about that one.

Anybody remember in 2013, I think it was in the Atlanta area, a mom was walking her baby boy in a stroller, 2 pieces of shit came up and just shot the baby? That one broke my heart. That baby boy was the same age as the little boy I watch. (He's 5 now and calls me his best friend Smiley_emoticons_smile )

Anything involving kids feels even worse when you know one who could theoretically be placed in the same situation

02-26-2017 12:38 PM

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

I saw the reward in this case has been increased to $200K.

It's starting to feel more and more like an out-of-towner or drifter did this.

With that pic circulating and nobody making a connection, the writing seems to be on the wall.

03-04-2017 09:59 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

That's a hefty reward, MS, thanks for the update.

I don't have much faith that it will help, but hope it does.

Every morning I check out the crime news hoping to read of an arrest, or at least a big break, in this case.

03-04-2017 03:01 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

LE Investigating Possible Connection to 2012 Iowa Murder of Two Young Girls

[Image: 3E13B97800000578-0-image-m-8_1488986968256.jpg]

--Liberty German and Abigail Williams, both 13, were murdered in Delphi, Indiana, in February this year.

--Cousins Lyric Cook, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, were killed in Iowa in 2012; they had been riding their bikes near Meyers Lake when they were abducted.

--Their bodies were found by hunters 25 miles away five months later.

--No arrests have been made in either of the cases which police are now trying to link.

--Indiana State Police said it had 'compared notes' with officers in Iowa but no direct connection has yet been found.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-case.html

03-08-2017 01:03 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING; Liberty German and Abigail Williams

LE appears to have nothing more to go on in this case.

They've fielded 11,000 tips and are still hoping for someone to recognize the unidentified suspect's pic and/or voice in order to crack the case.

Today, the grandparents of Liberty German appeared at a press conference to talk about how much they missed her, how much she and Abigail loved each other and would never leave the other in trouble. They pleaded for people to take another look at the photo and call in any information.

Abigail's family isn't ready to speak publicly yet, but they issued statement of support for Liberty's family and reiterated how close Abigail and Liberty were; true blue friends.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...iller.html

03-09-2017 06:43 PM

Midwest Spy Away
The Discerning Boob Lover

RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING; Liberty German and Abigail Williams

Do we know how these girls were killed or if anything sexual assault-wise occurred?

Also, has LE noticed similarities between these girls and the Iowa girls' manner of death that would lead them to believe there's a connection?

03-09-2017 06:53 PM