Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING; Liberty German and Abigail Williams
Yesterday afternoon, LE classified the case as a double homicide. They still aren't giving any details regarding cause of death or how the girls were found and the full autopsy is still pending, but they're looking for a killer(s).

Snip:
"This is considered a double homicide investigation, and no further information will be released at this time," Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said during a news conference Wednesday afternoon outside Delphi City Hall.

Riley and Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby had no words of comfort to offer the community. They said they wanted to protect the details of the investigation in hopes of catching the killer.

Admittedly, there is a killer — or killers — on the loose and no suspects in name or in custody, Riley and Leazenby said. They didn't comment whether this was a random act or whether the girls were targeted.

"Yes, there is somebody out there who did this, and we're going to track them down," Riley said. That dogged determination was of little comfort to a city of 3,000 people with more questions than answers.

"It's pretty scary to think somebody is running around loose up there capable of doing that," resident Verlin Bohnert said late Wednesday morning as he and about 10 other retired friends discussed the killing of the two girls over coffee at McDonald's. "I hope they catch the guy because if I was a parent, I'd be scared to death up here right now."

Ron Logan owns the land behind the cemetery where the girls were found. "To have anyone murdered on your property … I don't know what my feelings are right now. It caught me by surprise,” Logan said. "I haven’t really had a chance to let it soak in," Logan said after a brief pause to think about the day's events. "I know the families.”

Logan confirmed Riley's comments that the only way back to the hilly terrain between the cemetery and the creek is by foot.

Full story: http://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime.../97940616/

Messages In This Thread
RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING - by HairOfTheDog - 02-16-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING - by Dogears - 02-26-2017, 03:12 AM