Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING; Liberty German and Abigail Williams
(02-23-2017, 11:05 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It's really good to see you, Cheyne.

We covered that a little bit upthread, but I hadn't read your link -- thank you. If Liberty intentionally captured evidence on her phone, she was a smart cookie alright.

Do you have any speculation about the suspect? I lean towards him having some contact, probably under a guise, with the girls on social media. But, I won't be surprised if he was an predator looking for victims on the trail and committed a crime of opportunity like sally mentioned, or a drifter as MS suggested.

Thank you for your kind words, I have missed the forum and am glad to be back.

As to the suspect? I have been studying the pictures and think he is wearing a brown sweatshirt with the hood up under a dark blue windbreaker. His jeans seem to be relaxed or "dad jeans" which many men in the trades wear. His posture/demeanor seem to be a man in his 40's. If he turns out to be a young man I will be shocked.

The weather on 13 Feb was in the low 40's with a west wind 5-12 mph so he was dressed appropriately for the weather. However, most men I know don't put their hoods up, they wear a ball cap or stocking hat (depending on temperature).

The fact that he has the hood up (IMO) means he doesn't know the girls and doesn't want anyone else getting a good look at him. If he was known to either Libby or Abby, he could have used that as an advantage to get close to them before pouncing. I could be wrong though, the girls may have known him as a "weirdo" or someone to be avoided, so he wanted to hide his identity until he was closer *shrug*.

I don't believe he planned this over the internet or lured the girls to the park. I think this man is familiar with the area, he may have family living there, and took an unexpected (but always looked for) opportunity when it arose. I could be completely off-base but I don't believe this is his first time either, especially killing two teenagers at the same time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING - by Cheyne - 02-24-2017, 01:40 AM
RE: INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING - by Dogears - 02-26-2017, 03:12 AM