Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
INDIANA -- TEEN GIRLS KILLED WHILE HIKING; Liberty German and Abigail Williams
(12-28-2017, 08:59 PM)Tammy75 Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 01:50 AM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 01:26 AM)BigMark Wrote: We spoil our kids because we don't give them the freedom we had, it's kinda fucked up.

I know. When stuff like this happens, I take it personally and it affects me. Like when little Zahra was killed by her evil stepmother. Zahra was Australian living in the US.

This happened 3 blocks from my old office. We watched the news helicopters from the beginning to the day the house was torn down. When stepmom's picture was posted I remembered dealing with her in my insurance agency, a couple of years prior to this.

Then we watched the trial and it was devastating to our town.

I have a 16 year old and worry about her all the time!!!!

How hard is it not to be overprotective in this day and age?

That evil stepmother had a myspace page back in the day and people where writing comments "what have you done with her" she hadn't been found yet. And the menacing pictures she had posted of little Zahra her target calling her "the dark child". The father got away with it but he was in on it. Mr. Casual 911. Fuck him. Loser freak.
(12-28-2017, 08:59 PM)Tammy75 Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 01:50 AM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 01:26 AM)BigMark Wrote: We spoil our kids because we don't give them the freedom we had, it's kinda fucked up.

I know. When stuff like this happens, I take it personally and it affects me. Like when little Zahra was killed by her evil stepmother. Zahra was Australian living in the US.

This happened 3 blocks from my old office. We watched the news helicopters from the beginning to the day the house was torn down. When stepmom's picture was posted I remembered dealing with her in my insurance agency, a couple of years prior to this.

Then we watched the trial and it was devastating to our town.

I have a 16 year old and worry about her all the time!!!!

How hard is it not to be overprotective in this day and age?

That evil stepmother had a myspace page back in the day and people where writing comments "what have you don with her" she hadn't been found yet. And the menacing pictures of little Zahra her target calling her "the dark child". The father got away with it but he was in on it. Mr. Casual 911. Fuck him. Loser freak.
Update

Liberty and Abigail were reported missing exactly a week ago next Tuesday, 13 February 2017. Their bodies were discovered about a mile from where they were last seen hiking the next day.

There have been no directly-related arrests and there are reportedly no suspects in their murders.

[Image: 48EA40E000000578-5356263-Daniel_Nations_...432984.jpg]

Police now say that Daniel Nations ^, who was questioned regarding possible involvement in the case, has been extradited back to Indiana after he was arrested in Colorado last year for threatening hikers on a trail with a hatchet.

Police reportedly no longer consider Nations an active person of interest in the murder of the girls (but that doesn't mean they've ruled him out entirely; unclear).

Nations, 31, was charged in Indiana with failing to register as a sex offender and appeared in court yesterday.

Really hoping for a big break in this very sad case very soon.

Refs:
--Nations' criminal history and whereabouts leading up to the murders: https://www.theindychannel.com/news/loca...ers?page=2

--Current charges and photos:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...court.html

That's one sick looking weirdo M F!

He'll get his eventually!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Just thinking of Abigail and Liberty today. It looks like that Nations Guy is mentally ill. I don’t think their killer is mentally ill and chasing ppl with axes in woods. I think the killer is a blue collar worker who is cold and calculated.
oh my God that's him! That's him, that's him. Come on. Get him. What a creep.
You check out the photo sketch and it's the same goatie beard. Same nose too that's in the actual photo.

Maybe the police have tactics and they are moving slowly and methodically so that they can ensure that their case is airtight and that the predator will not get away with it in anyway shape or form. I do trust your police, and I think they will not let this rest until they have nabbed the culprit.
I don't know aussie. LE said earlier this year that Daniel Nations is no longer an active person of interest. He's very weird and was a threat to public safety, but investigators may have definitively ruled him out.

LE isn't releasing a lot of details. We don't know how the girls were murdered or the cause of death. We don't know if the girls were sexually assaulted and/or whether LE was able to obtain suspect DNA. We don't know if Nations has a solid alibi or was eliminated as a suspect via DNA testing. Seems LE is being very careful not to release information that only the killer would know.

It is possible that Nations is actually still high on LE's radar and they just don't have enough evidence to charge him or settle on him as 'the guy', but I think it's more likely they've ruled him out.

Anyway, it's very sad to imagine what the girls' families are going through as they wait and hope. It's gotta be excruciating. Fortunately, the families have a great deal of support in the community.

Liberty's grandfather, Mike Patty, says he knows that LE is working their humps off trying to solve the case. In the meantime, he keeps himself busy working his job and working on clearing a piece of land to establish a softball park in honor of the girls. The park is being made possible through donations and volunteer work.

Refs:
https://www.jconline.com/story/opinion/c...763740002/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of...rty_German
There may be a break in the case.

Link

Charles Eldridge is not officially a suspect in Libby and Abby's murders.  

I looked him up on fake book and he has many posts on missing children.  There are some pictures of vultures eating corpses, and saws, hammers, chisels, etc.. covered in blood.  Dude may not be the murderer, but he's a bit weird for sure.
(01-22-2019, 07:16 PM)Cheyne Wrote: he has many posts on missing children.  There are some pictures of vultures eating corpses, and saws, hammers, chisels, etc.. covered in blood.

That kinda thing screams red flag to me. It's damn creepy for anyone to post shit like that. It IS weird and not something a well adjusted person does.

Nice to see you, Cheyne!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
New Developments

[Image: new-suspect-photo.jpg]

New suspect sketch ^.

The new composite sketch of the suspect released on Monday depicts a man younger and different in appearance than the person depicted in a previously released composite sketch, based on accounts from eyewitnesses, which police said is now considered "secondary."

"As the investigation has progressed (over the last 28 months), information has been continuously reviewed and examined and this sketch more accurately depicts the face of the suspect from the video recorded on Liberty German's cellphone while she and Abigail were on the High Bridge," the release said.

Indiana State Police Superintendent Douglas Carter said investigators now believe the killer is between the ages of 18-40, but may appear younger than his age. Investigators also believe the killer is either a current or former resident of Delphi, or frequently visits or works there, Carter said.

(continued)
The brief video played at the press conference Monday shows a man walking on an abandoned railroad bridge the girls visited before they were killed. It was recorded on German's cellphone. A still image from the video had been previously released. 

An audio clip was also played of a man saying "Guys, down the hill." The audio was a slightly longer version of a recording previously released, in which a man is heard saying, "Down the hill." 

The man heard in both audio recordings is believed to be the same person, Carter said. Carter urged the public to pay close attention to the mannerisms of the man in the video.

"Do you recognize the mannerisms as being someone you might know? And remember, he is walking on the former railroad bridge, and because of the deteriorated condition of the bridge the suspect is not walking naturally, due to the spacing between the ties," he said.

Carter also said police are looking for the driver of a vehicle that was abandoned off the Hoosier Heartland Highway in Delphi from noon to 5 p.m. on the day of the murders.

Carter pledged to find the person responsible for the killings, calling him a "coward." Carter spoke directly to the killer, saying he is likely "hiding in plain sight" and might be "in this room."

Full story with press conference video:  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/delphi-murd...019-04-22/
I saw someone speak early this morning, I'm unsure if it was Carter but it was someone directly associated with this case and while he sounded calm and reserved his eyes were pissed. He was dead serious and at times spoke directly to the camera. I hope they find the person responsible for those kid's murders.
(04-23-2019, 11:32 AM)Duchess Wrote: I saw someone speak early this morning, I'm unsure if it was Carter but it was someone directly associated with this case and while he sounded calm and reserved his eyes were pissed. He was dead serious and at times spoke directly to the camera. I hope they find the person responsible for those kid's murders.

It was definitely good to see that LE is still very actively investigating more than two years later.  Crossing my fingers that this week's press conference and articles generate some solid leads which ultimately lead to an arrest.
I think about their fear and it makes me sad mad. They were just little kids. Not that it's any easier when a monster does the same to an adult.
(02-15-2017, 06:01 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Sounds like a suicide pact. They can't talk about that in the media.  They are also trying to prevent copycat incidents.  The parents must be beside themselves.  It's true you have to be vigilant they are sneaky at 13 and keep stuff from you. Imagine if you are not computer savvy? Kids need the strictest monitoring at that age.

Horrible awful story.

I can't believe I wrote that, i don't even remember writing it. I sought out this post to say I researched information on this case so that I could be in the loop looking for updates and resolutions. But alas, the criminal is still at large. I am sure they have DNA and the perpetrator will be caught. From what I read they seem optimistic. 

So young, so innocent.
Yeah, aussie, there was never any rational belief that Liberty and Abby died as a result of a suicide pact.

Both young girls were murdered; that's an obvious given, based on the early evidence recorded on Liberty's phone.

Anyway, I hope you're right in assuming that LE was able to recover perpetrator DNA that they just haven't been able to tie to anyone yet.
There is an HLN podcast examining this case coming on February 5th.

It may be of interest to Aussie and others who've been thinking of Abby and Liberty since they were found murdered almost three years ago.

Hopefully, the podcast will generate some leads and result in advancement of the case.

[Image: downthehill.jpg?MTDiXgYfso2kTi.t2tqK.PPu3Axj7OVZ]

Liberty's mom was interviewed for the podcast and expressed her frustration with the police's investigation.  

She also reportedly believes that the high number of volunteers searching for the girls may have contaminated the scene (the Indiana Superintendent of Police disagrees with both points).  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...olice.html

Anyway, there are photos and previews of the podcast available here:  https://www.downthehillpodcast.com/
I think the families know that they will catch this fucking animal. It's just a matter of time. The technology is advancing all the time, they are not going to tell us all the evidence they have. The poor little girls must have been so scared.
The parents of Liberty have just held a press conference a few hours ago. We just watched it. We really want this oxygen thief caught.