ARE YOU HANDY?

Can you handle things around your home? I'm talking about things that are a little more complicated than changing a light bulb. Can you fix leaks, change an outlet, stuff like that?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Nope and I have no desire to either. I almost killed myself the time I tried to install a new doorbell.
Maggot is good with all that stuff.
(02-16-2017, 12:28 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Can you handle things around your home? I'm talking about things that are a little more complicated than changing a light bulb. Can you fix leaks, change an outlet, stuff like that?
Yeah, but I totally misread the title. I thought some hawt chick was offering a handy hah
My job for today is building a fence. Commence bad language in 1... 2... 3...
THANK YOU FOR POT SMOKING

What kind of fence? Wood? Post & rail? Stone? I love stone fences. Border fence?
(02-16-2017, 12:28 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Nope. I bought a bookcase, realized I wasn't handy enough to put it together. Same with the grill sitting outside, waiting for someone handy to put it together. Its much easier to buy stuff that's already assembled. Like the bookcase that I brought back from our old house in Hoosick Falls.
(02-16-2017, 05:58 PM)Duchess Wrote: Stone? I love stone fences.

That's called a wall, Duchess.

And I don't know that it will be enough to keep the wombats and mob of pissed off neighbors out.
(02-16-2017, 08:08 PM)sally Wrote: That's called a wall, Duchess.

You're probably right but I've always called the short ones fences.

[Image: 53b4f24a740557b4a69d9cbb4408e76b.jpg]
(02-16-2017, 05:58 PM)Duchess Wrote:

What kind of fence? Wood? Post & rail? Stone? I love stone fences. Border fence?
Trellis. No biggie, getting the panels up by myself will be the arse-raper.
You need to have the right tools arranged in a correct manner to make and fix shit, it's VERY satisfying. I love fences and walls, thought of making a book showing all the different styles. There are some really cool Blue granite walls with white point mortar joints by my old work location.
Ive got all the tools. The only thing I had to buy was more screws. I like building shit too. I extended my last house.
Jack of all trades here, master of none. hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Yeh but Cars men are still better at that stuff than most women sorry to say myself included.
True, we are useless gimps. But we do have more patience and think and plan better. So if you are a heifer like me things get DOOOONE!!!
(02-17-2017, 03:53 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Yeh but Cars men are still better at that stuff than most women sorry to say myself included.

Yes, I can and actually do and have done most anything that needs to be done around both my villa's.

However, lately, I choose to "hire" professionals to do many of the things I really don't like doing. I've got the $$$, and I'm told you can't take it with you, so . . . .
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I'm currently involved in building a tiny house.

I run and get food for the workers.
(02-17-2017, 08:17 PM)Carsman Wrote: However, lately, I choose to "hire" professionals to do many of the things I really don't like doing. I've got the $$$, and I'm told you can't take it with you, so . . . .

That's my line of thinking too, brohan. Or "broham" as Mark likes to call it. Which is wrong by the way, but I'm not trying to pick nat shit out of pepper here like HotD enjoys doing. So whatever.
Drunk and lazy again, sal? You're swiping material from Gunnar at this point, FFS.

Anyway.......if you think I enjoy trying to pick nat shit out of pepper, think again. First of all, I don't even know for sure what the fuck a 'nat' is. Secondly, I don't do that, so there's no pleasure or pain to be had. Well, actually it does bring me a bit of pleasure when you seem all butthurt over shit like this.

I'm pretty handy around the house and like putting furniture together, painting/staining, and such. Too bad I don't have a clue about electrical and plumbing, that would come in handier.
I actually like putting furniture together now that the know-it-all mentioned it. Not from scratch like carving it out of wood or anything, but out of a box is ok. I put my coffee table and end tables together and that was somewhat of a rewarding pleasure.