Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
THE DEMS PLAN A COMEBACK
HairOfTheDog Offline

RE: THE DEMS PLAN A COMEBACK

[Image: brazille-sanders-clinton.jpg]

I really like Bernie Sanders and believed early on that Wasserman-Shultz and the DNC was stacking the deck against him in terms of winning the Democratic nomination. They seemed to resent Bernie's run and his ability to pack stadiums because they felt Hillary Clinton was somehow entitled to the nomination or something. Rubbed me wrong.

The hacked DNC emails confirmed that the DNC was partial to Clinton. It really pissed off the hard-core Bernie supporters and got Wasserman-Schultz sacked (finally).

Now, her interim replacement as DNC Chair, Donna Brazile (top left), has written a book. In it, she claims that she was shocked to find that Clinton was essentially running the DNC. She says the DNC was $24 million in debt nearing the end of Obama's term. Clinton made a deal to raise serious funds and, in turn, the Clinton campaign would have full control of DNC spending and operations. Story: http://www.newsweek.com/clinton-robbed-s...ile-699421

11-03-2017 11:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

I believe Brazile. I don't think the arrangement between Clinton and the DNC was illegal, but it was definitely wrong, in my opinion.

Brazile said she told Bernie what she found and he responded stoically. I imagine he wasn't surprised.

Anyway, this is definitely a set-back for the Dems short-term, and good ammunition for Trump and the Republicans on the road to the 2018 midterms. I hope the Dems can address it honestly and try to get their own split party together by then, but not sure they can/will.

11-03-2017 11:46 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Democrats are a freakin' mess. I don't see anyone in a leadership role at all.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
11-03-2017 11:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Maggot Offline
Supermod

The chickens are coming back to roost. they really should be careful trying to get Trump in on the Russian fiasco, it may just bite them in the ass.

11-03-2017 03:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

They're separate issues. No one's above the law -- not the President, not Republicans, not Democratic leaders or former candidates.

The Dems can't get Trump in or out of trouble in terms of the Russia investigation. Whether any collusion is uncovered and whether the president is implicated should be based on the facts and evidence discovered. If there's no evidence of collusion with a foreign government and no evidence of other illegality, great. If there is evidence, anyone who broke the law should be held accountable.

As for the agreement between the DNC and Clinton, she raised the money which (according to Brazile) she then ultimately controlled. Even though it's shitty and was unfair to the other Democratic candidates in my opinion, I don't see how it could be deemed illegal. Even so, it hurts the image of the party and will be used over and over by the President and Republicans against Democratic congressional and gubernatorial candidates.

I imagine a lot of Democrats wish Hillary Clinton would just ride off into the sunset at this point.

11-03-2017 06:30 PM

Tammy75 Offline
Mocker

I think we need another Kennedy in the White House.

11-03-2017 07:49 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(11-03-2017 07:49 PM)Tammy75 Wrote:  I think we need another Kennedy in the White House.

Which one Tammy?

11-03-2017 08:10 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

[Image: hillary-costume_large.jpg]

11-03-2017 08:12 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

hah

Little Hillary is cute, but little Betty Rubble is even cuter.

Kinda weird that they both have blackheads before they even eat pounds of Halloween candy. Or maybe those are whiskers -- still weird.

11-04-2017 01:06 AM

Clang McFly Offline
Title Bureau Fat Fuck

(11-04-2017 01:06 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  hah

Little Hillary is cute, but little Betty Rubble is even cuter.

Kinda weird that they both have blackheads before they even eat pounds of Halloween candy. Or maybe those are whiskers -- still weird.

Betty Rubble? That's Snow White.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3kzivfaOaE
11-04-2017 03:03 PM

BigMark Offline
Mocker

* Betty Stubble

11-04-2017 04:06 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(11-04-2017 03:03 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:  Betty Rubble? That's Snow White.

(11-04-2017 04:06 PM)BigMark Wrote:  * Betty Stubble

115 Fuckin' Betty, always trying to position herself as Snow White, even if it means donning blackheads and/or whiskers. What a poser!

11-05-2017 01:22 AM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(11-03-2017 11:44 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  [Image: brazille-sanders-clinton.jpg]

I really like Bernie Sanders and believed early on that Wasserman-Shultz and the DNC was stacking the deck against him in terms of winning the Democratic nomination. They seemed to resent Bernie's run and his ability to pack stadiums because they felt Hillary Clinton was somehow entitled to the nomination or something. Rubbed me wrong.

The hacked DNC emails confirmed that the DNC was partial to Clinton. It really pissed off the hard-core Bernie supporters and got Wasserman-Schultz sacked (finally).

Now, her interim replacement as DNC Chair, Donna Brazile (top left), has written a book. In it, she claims that she was shocked to find that Clinton was essentially running the DNC. She says the DNC was $24 million in debt nearing the end of Obama's term. Clinton made a deal to raise serious funds and, in turn, the Clinton campaign would have full control of DNC spending and operations. Story: http://www.newsweek.com/clinton-robbed-s...ile-699421
At the very least, Trump owes the DNC a big thank you. I think Bernie could have beat Trump and I suspect a lot of voters who voted for Trump did so because they didn't want to cast a vote for Hil.

11-06-2017 09:58 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

It's an important election night which both the Democrats and Republicans believe could be a sign of things to come in the 2018 Congressional elections.

The DNC is not as united as it should be and the nature and timing of the recent revelations by Donna Brazile have only lowered Democratic voters' approval ratings for the party.

And, Republicans aren't sure if Trump's low general population approval ratings will hurt Republican candidates, especially since Trump's pick in the Alabama Republican Senate primaries was beaten by Bannon's pick (and Bannon's choice is batshit, in my opinion).

11-07-2017 09:04 PM