Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
THE DEMS PLAN A COMEBACK
Trust me, Maggot, history and facts prove indisputably that violence is not a partisan issue -- never has been.
EUROPE

After Brexit in the UK and the election of Donald Trump in the U.S., European leaders have been worried about their upcoming re-elections. Populist, anti-establishment, nationalist right-wing groups and candidates have gained a lot of support in Europe over the last few years.

[Image: _95170341_038503103.jpg]
Government leaders in Germany, France, and Spain expressed relief and encouragement with the defeat of Geert Wilders in the Netherlands Prime Minister elections yesterday. Wilders, pictured above, is referred to by some as the Dutch Donald Trump. He is against liberal immigration policies, global trade agreements, and membership in the European Union.

Polling had shown Wilders giving incumbent PM Mark Butte a run for his money and possibly winning the popular vote. However, Butte moved to the right on immigration in the weeks leading up to the election while still promoting the virtues of liberalism in other facets of governing and wound up winning re-election by a substantial margin.

It's unclear if Wilders' defeat signals a weakening of what he calls the "patriotic spring", but we'll find out soon enough.

France goes to the polls next month to elect a new president with the far right National Front, led by Marine LePen, forecast to increase its vote dramatically.

In Germany, the populist Alternative for Germany (AfD), led by Frauke Petry, may win seats in parliament for the first time in September's general election.

Ref: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39287689
[Image: brazille-sanders-clinton.jpg]

I really like Bernie Sanders and believed early on that Wasserman-Shultz and the DNC was stacking the deck against him in terms of winning the Democratic nomination. They seemed to resent Bernie's run and his ability to pack stadiums because they felt Hillary Clinton was somehow entitled to the nomination or something. Rubbed me wrong.

The hacked DNC emails confirmed that the DNC was partial to Clinton. It really pissed off the hard-core Bernie supporters and got Wasserman-Schultz sacked (finally).

Now, her interim replacement as DNC Chair, Donna Brazile (top left), has written a book. In it, she claims that she was shocked to find that Clinton was essentially running the DNC. She says the DNC was $24 million in debt nearing the end of Obama's term. Clinton made a deal to raise serious funds and, in turn, the Clinton campaign would have full control of DNC spending and operations. Story: http://www.newsweek.com/clinton-robbed-s...ile-699421
I believe Brazile. I don't think the arrangement between Clinton and the DNC was illegal, but it was definitely wrong, in my opinion.

Brazile said she told Bernie what she found and he responded stoically. I imagine he wasn't surprised.

Anyway, this is definitely a set-back for the Dems short-term, and good ammunition for Trump and the Republicans on the road to the 2018 midterms. I hope the Dems can address it honestly and try to get their own split party together by then, but not sure they can/will.

Democrats are a freakin' mess. I don't see anyone in a leadership role at all.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The chickens are coming back to roost. they really should be careful trying to get Trump in on the Russian fiasco, it may just bite them in the ass.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
They're separate issues. No one's above the law -- not the President, not Republicans, not Democratic leaders or former candidates.

The Dems can't get Trump in or out of trouble in terms of the Russia investigation. Whether any collusion is uncovered and whether the president is implicated should be based on the facts and evidence discovered. If there's no evidence of collusion with a foreign government and no evidence of other illegality, great. If there is evidence, anyone who broke the law should be held accountable.

As for the agreement between the DNC and Clinton, she raised the money which (according to Brazile) she then ultimately controlled. Even though it's shitty and was unfair to the other Democratic candidates in my opinion, I don't see how it could be deemed illegal. Even so, it hurts the image of the party and will be used over and over by the President and Republicans against Democratic congressional and gubernatorial candidates.

I imagine a lot of Democrats wish Hillary Clinton would just ride off into the sunset at this point.
I think we need another Kennedy in the White House.
(11-03-2017, 07:49 PM)Tammy75 Wrote: I think we need another Kennedy in the White House.

Which one Tammy?
[Image: hillary-costume_large.jpg]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
hah

Little Hillary is cute, but little Betty Rubble is even cuter.

Kinda weird that they both have blackheads before they even eat pounds of Halloween candy. Or maybe those are whiskers -- still weird.
(11-04-2017, 01:06 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: hah

Little Hillary is cute, but little Betty Rubble is even cuter.

Kinda weird that they both have blackheads before they even eat pounds of Halloween candy. Or maybe those are whiskers -- still weird.

Betty Rubble? That's Snow White.
* Betty Stubble
(11-04-2017, 03:03 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Betty Rubble? That's Snow White.

(11-04-2017, 04:06 PM)BigMark Wrote: * Betty Stubble

115 Fuckin' Betty, always trying to position herself as Snow White, even if it means donning blackheads and/or whiskers. What a poser!
(11-03-2017, 11:44 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: [Image: brazille-sanders-clinton.jpg]

I really like Bernie Sanders and believed early on that Wasserman-Shultz and the DNC was stacking the deck against him in terms of winning the Democratic nomination. They seemed to resent Bernie's run and his ability to pack stadiums because they felt Hillary Clinton was somehow entitled to the nomination or something. Rubbed me wrong.

The hacked DNC emails confirmed that the DNC was partial to Clinton. It really pissed off the hard-core Bernie supporters and got Wasserman-Schultz sacked (finally).

Now, her interim replacement as DNC Chair, Donna Brazile (top left), has written a book. In it, she claims that she was shocked to find that Clinton was essentially running the DNC. She says the DNC was $24 million in debt nearing the end of Obama's term. Clinton made a deal to raise serious funds and, in turn, the Clinton campaign would have full control of DNC spending and operations. Story: http://www.newsweek.com/clinton-robbed-s...ile-699421
At the very least, Trump owes the DNC a big thank you. I think Bernie could have beat Trump and I suspect a lot of voters who voted for Trump did so because they didn't want to cast a vote for Hil.
It's an important election night which both the Democrats and Republicans believe could be a sign of things to come in the 2018 Congressional elections.

The DNC is not as united as it should be and the nature and timing of the recent revelations by Donna Brazile have only lowered Democratic voters' approval ratings for the party.

And, Republicans aren't sure if Trump's low general population approval ratings will hurt Republican candidates, especially since Trump's pick in the Alabama Republican Senate primaries was beaten by Bannon's pick (and Bannon's choice is batshit, in my opinion).
Probably the biggest race to watch is for governor of Virginia. Hillary Clinton won the 2016 presidential election in the state, but there are plenty of Republican and Independent Virginians too.

The run-off to replace Governor McCauliff (Dem) is between Democrat Ralph Northam and Republican Ed Gillespie. Gillespie has never toed the Trump line, but he uncharacteristically invoked some strategies from the Trump playbook in his recent campaign efforts -- focusing on illegal immigration, sanctuary cities, gangs, white nationalism, keeping confederate statues, and denouncing NFL protesters. Trump has been making public endorsements and tweeting his support for Gillespie in recent days. Northam has the support and endorsement of Obama.

Other races underway are for governor of New Jersey and some down-ticket elections.

It's pretty certain that the New Jersey Democratic candidate, Phil Murphy, will win the governorship due to the very low approval ratings for the current Republican governor Chris Christie and the Republican candidate's association with him.

More about tonight's races: http://ktla.com/2017/11/07/virginia-gove...-mood/amp/
Well tonight is turning out to be a very good one for the Democrats. Maybe it will motivate them to pull together in a united front to keep the wave rolling?

-Virginia elected Democrats to fill every state-level vacancy, including the governorship. They also elected the country's first transgender state legislator.

-New Jersey replaced Republican Chris Christie with Democrat Phil Murphy.

-New York City re-elected Democrat Bill de Blasio, etc...
(11-08-2017, 12:57 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Well tonight is turning out to be a very good one for the Democrats. Maybe it will motivate them to pull together in a united front to keep the wave rolling?

-Virginia elected Democrats to fill every state-level vacancy, including the governorship. They also elected the country's first transgender state legislator.

-New Jersey replaced Republican Chris Christie with Democrat Phil Murphy.

-New York City re-elected Democrat Bill de Blasio, etc...
It's about time that fat disgusting Cowballs fan got the boot.
(11-08-2017, 12:57 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Well tonight is turning out to be a very good one for the Democrats. Maybe it will motivate them to pull together in a united front to keep the wave rolling?

This morning, every major media outlet covered yesterday's elections...except for Fox which covered highlights from last year's presidential election.28
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]