Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
THE DEMS PLAN A COMEBACK
(11-08-2017, 12:36 PM)Duchess Wrote: This morning, every major media outlet covered yesterday's elections...except for Fox which covered highlights from last year's presidential election.28

If that's the case, it's sad. All the major news networks should cover major news (even if they put their own spin on it).

Immediately after Gillespie lost by nearly 10 points in Virginia's gubernatorial election, Trump tweeted from Asia in attempt to distance himself from the Republican he'd endorsed and for whom he'd made robocalls leading up to the vote.

Trump tweet:
Ed Gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for. Don’t forget, Republicans won 4 out of 4 House seats, and with the economy doing record numbers, we will continue to win, even bigger than before!

I did see that FOX online media covered that: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/...ce-me.html

Yesterday it was kinda funny to read Trump Jr.'s tweets encouraging Virginians to get out and vote for Gillespie on Wednesday (though the election was on Tuesday). He did it twice.
(11-08-2017, 01:14 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Yesterday it was kinda funny to read Trump Jr.'s tweets encouraging Virginians to get out and vote for Gillespie on Wednesday (though the election was on Tuesday). He did it twice.

It was fricken hilarious. hah

...and this morning when trump threw Gillespie under the bus was pretty damn funny too.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
One day short of Trump's 2016 presidential victory anniversary, Democrats really dominated the regular elections and special elections last night. They're pledging determination to keep getting high numbers of voters to the polls and taking majority of the House next year.

The graphic summary of last night's wins below is practically all Dem blue.

[Image: 462373C500000578-5060857-image-a-6_1510158106408.jpg]
(sorry it blows the margins; best viewed at 90%)

I read Joe Biden is releasing a book about the last couple of years, including his decision not to run for president in 2016 and how the Clintons affected it.

Biden also seems to indicate he may well have run in 2016 if Obama had thought he could beat Hillary in the primaries.

He doesn't seem to be ruling out a 2020 run. I don't know if that would be a good thing for the party or not.

Refs:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/books...e-dad.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...Trump.html
(11-03-2017, 08:10 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 07:49 PM)Tammy75 Wrote: I think we need another Kennedy in the White House.

Which one Tammy?

Joe III would be a nice start.
It's good that not one party dominates the field. It flops back and forth all the time Dems/Pubs Pubs/Dems Its good really.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-08-2017, 09:14 PM)Maggot Wrote: It's good that not one party dominates the field. It flops back and forth all the time Dems/Pubs Pubs/Dems Its good really.

Yep, I think it's good too Maggot. It's dangerous having one party with too much power.

I hope the Democrats really can keep the win wave going into 2018 and regain the House majority.

Having a split majority Congress would be good for the country, especially during President Trump's time in office, in my opinion.
[Image: tenor.gif]
(11-08-2017, 08:45 PM)Tammy75 Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 08:10 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 07:49 PM)Tammy75 Wrote: I think we need another Kennedy in the White House.

Which one Tammy?

Joe III would be a nice start.

I know the young congressman was mentioned as the possible Democratic candidate for governor of Massachusetts in next year's election. He said he wasn't interested in running for another office.

But...........that certainly doesn't mean he won't change his mind and try to run for the highest office.
This has gotta be making the Dems' toes tingle leading up to the 2018 mid-terms; lotta optimism that they'll be able to take majority control of the House or Senate this year.

Democrats flipped their 38th and 39th Republican-held state legislative seats since President Donald Trump took office last night, with wins in New Hampshire and Connecticut state House races. There have only been 4 flips from Democrats to Republicans in special elections during the same period.

In Connecticut, Democrat Phil Young narrowly bested Republican Bill Cabral for a seat that the GOP had held for 44 years, though Hillary Clinton beat Trump there by 2 points in 2016.

In New Hampshire, Democrat Philip Spagnuolo defeated Republican Les Cartier, 54% to 46%, in a district Trump won by 13 percentage points in the 2016 presidential election.

New Hampshire has been the home of five of the 38 red-to-blue flips since Trump took office. The Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee, the party's arm that focuses on statehouse races, has spent $150,000 in the state on staff, advertising and campaign operations.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/27/politics/...index.html

I feel like Democrats are lackadaisical. I don't see where they have a message nor do I think they have any kind of spokesperson. I see some out giving very brief interviews about whatever the scandal of the day is but I don't see any one person as the face of Democrats. I think they are wasting opportunities & they need to get their act together.

I want to see them have some control in DC but not because I want trump impeached, I don't. Oh God no.
I feel the same way Duchess.

The Dems have their divisions between the liberal, moderate, and conservative wings of the party and no consolidated message or clear standard-bearer. That will be a major problem if they don't have it pulled together well before the next Presidential election in 2020.

But, when it comes to the state and local congressional elections, the DNC seems to be doing a good job of supporting the Democratic candidates.

There are some strong candidates (many first-timers and women) with their own messages who are resonating with voters. Of course, some of the voters may be voting more against the Republican party and/or Trump as opposed to voting for the Democratic candidates. It's hard to know.

In any case, the Dems are kicking ass in flipping seats even in locales where Trump handily beat Clinton. That's a very good sign for them, but doesn't assure that they'll flip enough seats to take control of one or both houses of Congress.
Maybe the Dems could be the only party in the U.S. now wouldn't THAT be great! hah
(02-28-2018, 09:39 PM)Maggot Wrote: Maybe the Dems could be the only party in the U.S. now wouldn't THAT be great! hah

Judging by the recent state elections, your fellow New Hampshirites seem to agree. ')

I love startin' my day with a laugh.
(03-01-2018, 01:33 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 09:39 PM)Maggot Wrote: Maybe the Dems could be the only party in the U.S. now wouldn't THAT be great! hah

Judging by the recent state elections, your fellow New Hampshirites seem to agree. ')

I don't like the dems running from high taxes to come to my state and then trying to raise taxes here. It's a little troubling these transplants but they usually get beaten back by the citizens. It's still a republican majority but even when its not certain policies never see the light of day with the largest legislature in the U.S. It's hard to get past that crew that work for 40.00 per year. It's not all about money here. Unlike other States.
Cuckoo.

That’s way too much nutty predjudice and stereotyping of US citizens by locale, party, demographic.....to be taken seriously.

Don’t worry Mags. It seems very unlikely that the Democratic Party is going to bus a bunch of bad hombres into New Hampshire in a ploy to raise your taxes, take your guns, establish Sharia law, wage a war on Christmas, and establish an eastern version of Hollywood there or anything.

People in your state are voting Democrat a lot in recent legislature elections. That’s part of the factual election news. It’s not an attack on you, your state, or your rights or anything.
Oh yeah? Well um, um you're a big doody head! (slams door)
hah wow! There you have it.
I think you're letting extremist rhetoric, fear-mongering, and conspiracy theories make you increasingly fearful and off-base Mags. You look down on a whole lotta people for a whole lotta reasons.

But, it makes for some good mocking opportunities and I still like you.

Live free or die baby (IF you're a native New Hampshirite who shares all the same views as Maggot from Mock)! hah
(03-01-2018, 11:46 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think you're letting extremist rhetoric, fear-mongering, and conspiracy theories make you increasingly fearful and off-base Mags. You look down on a whole lotta people for a whole lotta reasons.

But, it makes for some good mocking opportunities and I still like you.

Live free or die baby (IF you're a native New Hampshirite who shares all the same views as Maggot from Mock)! hah

You certainly know how to read paragraphs in between the lines. It's amazing! Sarcastic