Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What would the world be like without religion
I think it would be the same since I believe in evolution and we all have behavioral instincts with or without the presence of any belief system. Just like animals. We just wouldn't have anything to blame it on.
Imagine........nothing to kill or die for. But, also no source of comfort for those who rely on religious belief to guide them morally.

I don't know if the world would be the same, or better, or worse without religion. I could sure live without it in my world, but there's a lot of good and bad associated with most organized religions, in my opinion.

I would miss the televangelists in a religious-free world though; they're some of the most unintentionally hilarious viewing around.

(02-26-2017, 08:07 PM)sally Wrote: I think it would be the same since I believe in evolution and we all have behavioral instincts with or without the presence of any belief system. Just like animals. We just wouldn't have anything to blame it on.

If you hear thunder and see lightening, better duck! hah

Religion is lake a crutch to many, it gives them strength when all else fails!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(02-26-2017, 08:24 PM)Carsman Wrote: Religion is lake a crutch to many, it gives them strength when all else fails!

Yeah, like fake news.
I just bet that quite a few crimes have been re thought when the perp realizes that they are being watched by God. Maybe not so much today but in the past it has stopped quite a few. Then I'm sure that crusades thing can be debated but morality kinda needs a base and that's been lost recently with plenty of un-believers. The belief of being held accountable in the end is lost on the ones that have nothing left to lose. A matter of survival kicks in and selfish needs become the vital factor in daily living. I believe the loss of a belief in a higher power will be the end of civilization. Morality is not an inert ability but a learned experience.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Humans don't need religion to know what is right.
It was a useful form of social control waaaay back but its an out of date system now. I'm religious though.
THANK YOU FOR POT SMOKING
And teh ceiling cat sayus unto youz..........go 4th and make de cheezburgerz .....seriusly an bringeth backs buns.

Amenz
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(02-26-2017, 10:06 PM)BigMark Wrote: Humans don't need religion to know what is right.

They need religion so they don't fear death. Without religion telling us that there is an afterlife(Heaven/Hell), we'd all be scared to death of death.
(02-27-2017, 07:21 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Without religion telling us that there is an afterlife(Heaven/Hell), we'd all be scared to death of death.

I'm already scared to death of death. This hasn't happened in quite awhile *knocks wood* but I used to be just drifting off to sleep and my brain would scream, YOU'RE GOING TO DIE ONE DAY. Every. Fucking. Night.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I don't believe in heaven and hell and doubt there is any afterlife. But, I'm not at all afraid of death and don't commit crimes or intentionally hurt people.

Some people need/embrace religion for their own reasons, a lot of us don't. Abstaining from religion doesn't make one fearful or immoral.

I don't believe in Hell, I like to believe in Heaven and I think Purgatory is full of cowboys.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It's too bad you can't find ahead of time if there is a heaven or hell, until you finally get there! (or not) hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(02-28-2017, 07:57 AM)Carsman Wrote: It's too bad you can't find ahead of time if there is a heaven or hell, until you finally get there! (or not) hah

I think it's planned that way.

If we all knew the answers ahead of time it would change how we live. Not for all, but for a good percentage.