Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT
So I witnessed this weekend a story about the Covington Catholic students who went to a March for Life rally in WA DC. Apparently the school goes every year.
While waiting for the bus at the end of the rally they encountered a group of black men who were shouting racial and anti-gay words in the name of preaching.
While this was going on another group was having their march-the Indigenous People's March on DC. I am not sure if they met up with the kids at the end of their march or the start, it seems it was at the end with a small group.
Nathan Phillips, a native elder, vietnam vet, keeper of the pipe was filmed drumming into this group of kids. Some say he was trying to bring distraction from the black group that was preaching. He later states he felt he should not have put himself in that situation. He also stated he heard kids shouting "Build that wall" I haven't heard any videos with that in it yet.

Anyway the first video that surfaced showed only Nathan drumming and a boy standing right in front of him and the rest of the Catholic students standing around and chanting and probably having a good time-but it was prefaced with the title, "Catholic school students harrass native man"

I admit, I fell for it. And I posted about it, but also stating that I was sure there was more to the story, and there was.

More videos came out showing a bigger picture and showing the black group preaching. It also showed a man who was with the Nathan Phillips group telling the boys to go back to Europe-it doesn't show why he said this-but he said it. That isn't right.

After my posting of the original story I corrected it on FB and tried to "correc" it on twitter as well.

But guess what? People did not want to listen to the other side of the story and they had already villified the boys-and the Catholic School had also apologized based on the first video. They also had to take down all of their social media accounts.

I did my best trying to say that there is another side to the story-but people did not want to hear it!

And they are a little scary.

And now I will go back to not posting political posts on fb and I will be scrutinizing the media much more than I already have been.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT - by MirahM - 01-20-2019, 03:56 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by Duchess - 12-09-2018, 01:47 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by BigMark - 12-09-2018, 02:18 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by Maggot - 12-09-2018, 03:40 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by sally - 12-09-2018, 05:32 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by Fry Guy - 12-09-2018, 07:25 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by Maggot - 12-09-2018, 07:32 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by sally - 12-09-2018, 07:46 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by sally - 12-09-2018, 08:17 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by HairOfTheDog - 12-09-2018, 09:43 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by BigMark - 12-09-2018, 10:16 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by Maggot - 12-09-2018, 10:33 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by HairOfTheDog - 12-09-2018, 10:35 PM