Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing like the 2 AM Alarm
That starts with a loud siren followed by directions for searchers, fire brigade and first aid.
I had just laid my head down after packing and cleaning and getting ready to go out for a few days and I hear the alarm go off. I cannot ignore it because I am a searcher, so I throw on my snow pants, a sweater, jacket, hat, gloves, socks, boots and headlamp and go outside where I can hear the directions more clearly.
Same place as it was yesterday morning. That means there is a faulty sensor, still we must treat it like a real alarm and do all of the normal responses.
Luckily it is not cold out at all, 29 and overcast. Now I am back in bed and hoping for 3-4 hours of sleep.
Honestly I have nothing to complain about, but I do curse quite loudly when I hear that the alarm go off in the middle of the night, it is almost always nothing.

Hey baby doll! Loveis

Waking up to an alarm like that would make my blood run cold.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It's good practice so when Sasquatch comes over for a midnight snack.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
What do you search for?
People, triggered alarms, smoke, fire
Do you ever think about pissing on the trees around your camp to keep the critters away?

I do that around the perimeter of my home to keep Jehovah's Witnesses away.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I do that in my trash can in my bedroom so I don't have to deal with my Dad and brother. Especially after the usual stressful day at work.