Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A DAY OF REST

Are you resting today? If not, why not.

Why yes, yes, I am, sorta kinda.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Working.

I don't rest until I go to sleep at night.
I thought Saturday was the Sabbath anyway. You're resting on the wrong day, Duchess. Get your ass up and do something productive.
I was lazy and rested up yesterday. Today I'm going grocery and supply shopping, then walking to the office to work for a few hours. Nothing exciting for me this weekend.
(03-05-2017, 01:56 PM)sally Wrote: Get your ass up and do something productive.

I was up at 4:00 AM, not just today but everyday of the week because I meet with my boss every single morning, including weekends. The only days I've had off since the Summer of 2015 have been Christmas and 3 days several weeks ago when I was sick. I haven't had a vacation since 2008. I might just sit here the rest of the day smoking pot, if it weren't so cold I'd be outdoors doing something. I don't want to feel compelled to do one damn thing the remainder of the day.
2008? You definitely need a vacation. I know you won't get on a plane, but what about a cruise?

I frequently think about going to the mountains but a stretch of unlimited time might be wasted on me. Three, maybe four days is probably my max before I start climbing the walls. I know my schedule might sound awful to many but I'm really lucky that most of my work can be accomplished from my home office. I'm often back home before many people are even out of bed.
Out the door at 7am again today for sons Regional Swim meet.

He broke his personal best time in 50 backstroke by 3.5 seconds.
(03-05-2017, 11:36 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Are you resting today? If not, why not.

Why yes, yes, I am, sorta kinda.

Yes, I'm resting. Took off Friday from work because I have had a really bad cold all this week. Mainly runny nose and congestion, hacking up a lung, difficulty breathing. Still not 100%. I'm glad the friends that were supposed to come down from Rochester, had other plans and we didn't go to Stowe.
I'm listening to Gunsmoke as it was played on the radio in the 40's with William Conrad. Sniffing the burnt wood from this woodburning I'm doing for a wedding in the spring. My imagination is working great as I imagine what the people looked like. Its better than television and I want to remind everyone to buy some war bonds for the boys.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-05-2017, 03:14 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Out the door at 7am again today for sons Regional Swim meet.

Does he do relays with others on a team?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-05-2017, 06:23 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(03-05-2017, 03:14 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Out the door at 7am again today for sons Regional Swim meet.

Does he do relays with others on a team?

Yep. Did a 200 IM relay yesterday at the same meet.

He swam the Fly leg and did well.

After the event, we found out the person that swam the Backstroke leg got the relay DQ'd.
(03-05-2017, 06:15 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Took off Friday from work

Do you accumulate sick days and that's how you're able to miss work when you really need to?
(03-05-2017, 06:21 PM)Maggot Wrote: this woodburning I'm doing for a wedding in the spring.

That's a lovely, personal gift, Maggotyboo. Lucky friends.
Every day is Saturday and Sunday here, no daily work required, unless feel like it!
Then if do decide to work, it's usually not more then 2 hours in any given day!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

They say those ZzzQuils aren't habit forming, but I've gotten in the habit of taking them every night. I'm going to throw those sonofabitches out. After I take my last dose tonight that is. I get some good rest with those, I sleep like a damn potato.
(03-05-2017, 08:56 PM)sally Wrote: They say those ZzzQuils aren't habit forming, but I've gotten in the habit of taking them every night. I'm going to throw those sonofabitches out. After I take my last dose tonight that is. I get some good rest with those, I sleep like a damn potato.

Do they give you a dry mouth? Is there a hangover effect, ie still drowsy or dopey in the morning?
(03-05-2017, 08:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-05-2017, 06:15 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Took off Friday from work

Do you accumulate sick days and that's how you're able to miss work when you really need to?

Yes. Right now, I think I have a month worth of sick days saved up. Which I guess is good because I thought my cold and cough were getting better, but they sent me home from work today because they claimed my cough still sounded bad. I'm trying to rest up as much as I can but I just can't seem to shake this cold.
(03-06-2017, 02:01 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I'm trying to rest up as much as I can but I just can't seem to shake this cold.

What are you taking for it?