FAKE NEWS

Have you heard any? That phrase is around a lot and it's made me wonder just how much fake news is out there.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Well, off the top of my head, I've heard that...

--Obama is a non-American Muslim who infiltrated the U.S. government,
--Ted Cruz's dad likely had a hand in the assassination of JFK,
--the Clinton's plotted to kill JFK Jr. so Hillary could win the NY Senate seat,
--Melania Trump didn't plagiarize from Michelle Obama but instead from Twinkle Twinkle Little Star,
--the murder rate in the U.S. is the highest in 47 years,
--millions of people voted illegally for the same presidential candidate,
--the crowd size at Trump's inauguration was the biggest ever,
--Trump won the electoral college vote by the biggest margin ever,
--no one on Trump's campaign staff had contacts with Russians before the election,
--there was a terrorist massacre carried out by Iraqi immigrants in Bowling Green Kentucky,
--nobody loves the Bible more than Trump,
--nobody respects women more than Trump,
-- all reports and polls that are unfavorable to President Trump are false, etc...

All fake news, all originating from and/or floated to the media by President Trump and his top staffers (Bannon, Conway, Stone, Manafort...).

...and here I thought fake news would be content that was difficult to differentiate from the real deal.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
You twats aint going to give it a rest are you?
Truth is power, Biggie.

And there's nothing wrong with pointing out steaming piles of bullshit and correcting the record. Some people appreciate facts and reality.

Others are extremely gullible and would rather whiff it up if they like the content or the shitter, squish their toes in it, and drag the bullshit far and wide.

Wash your feet, Biggie.
Let's not disparage the sanctity of democratic party.
I read the bible the other day, where would you like me to start?
The burning bush talking.
I can smell it already. Sarcastic
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-06-2017, 08:31 PM)BigMark Wrote: Let's not disparage the sanctity of democratic party.

No doubt, Democratic leaders have floated some doozies; I call them out too.

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz didn't use her position as DNC Chair to stack the cards in favor of Clinton and against Sanders. That's false.

Hillary Clinton established a private email server in her home upon recommendation of Colin Powell. That's bullshit.

Bill Clinton never had sex with that woman. That's a lie of semantics.

Anthony Weiner (aka Carlos Danger) was very sorry for sending cock shots on the internet and was reformed (until, oops, he did it again, and again).

Etc...

But, Trump and company hold the record and he's only been in office 6 weeks; they do it frequently as a matter of routine (and possibly a strategy to hook the gullible, which they're very good at).
Or..........set people up and save the good stuff for later, like in a speech or an unseen action from left field. Your right, people are gullible and Trump has had plenty of experience. Unlike previous administrations with no experience whatsoever in business, the media, and playing the players. Time will tell but if you're going to decipher the day by day, play by play again,as in the election the win at the end will come swift and out of the blue. That's my today's take on things. But it may change next week.
Lies are lies, regardless of the intent, Maggot.

When they're reported as fact, like Trump and company do, it's fake news.

You can try to justify it all you want as if people who know bullshit when they smell it just don't get how the falsehoods and misinformation campaigns are REALLY savvy business-wise strategies with altruistic goals, and only the true believers see the light.

But, that just means you've got a hook hanging out of your mouth, in my opinion.
Dammit! if you like your doctor you can keep them...........I promise. Bullshit
(03-06-2017, 09:34 PM)Maggot Wrote: Dammit! if you like your doctor you can keep them...........I promise. Bullshit

That turned out to be wrong, or it was blatant bullshit floated as truth. No doubt.

You won't catch me attempting to convince people that it was true, or that it was a brilliant strategic lie -- a pure-of-heart deception done for the greater good.

I wouldn't look or feel good with a hook hanging out of my mouth.
Most news today can be considered fake. Each organisation has its agenda depending on who owns it. Hearst figured it out but if people would look at news with a bit of skepticism it would be a step in the right direction. Social media has almost become more important than the news itself.
Most news is left-leaning or right-leaning in its narrative.

But, that's not fake news if the reporting is based on fact. Fake news is lies and conspiracy theory reported as fact.

I don't follow media that's proven to specialize in fake news, and I don't get news from social media.
(03-06-2017, 08:57 PM)sally Wrote: I read the bible the other day, where would you like me to start?

I'm interested in the meaning behind the fig tree incident.
I'll have to get to that later, Tucker Carlson is on. He's the only one I get the news from because he's cute as a goddamn button. Fake or not.
(03-06-2017, 09:53 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Most news is left-leaning or right-leaning in it's narrative.

But, that's not fake news if the reporting is based on fact. Fake news is lies and conspiracy theory reported as fact.

I don't follow media that's proven to specialize in fake news, and I don't get news from social media.

The definition of fake news may be a bit opaque but quite a few conspiracy theories have proven true. Is it a crap shoot? I'm not sure but gut feeling could prove more telling than any black & white statement. Some things are so silly but have been true also. I guess each individual should be skeptical. Some more than others.
(03-06-2017, 10:01 PM)sally Wrote: I'll have to get to that later, Tucker Carlson is on. He's the only one I get the news from because he's cute as a goddamn button. Fake or not.

I understand.

I feel the same way about Alex Jones.

[Image: latest?cb=20150518213123]

Just about every word out of his loud mouth is horseshit, but god damn he's one sexy motherfucker.