FAKE NEWS
Once again news now is not reported is is manufactured.
(03-06-2017, 11:44 PM)BigMark Wrote: Once again news now is not reported is is manufactured.

Why do you keep repeating that false motto of the lazy-minded as if it's a philosophical truth?

Your sources of news manufacture some of it, based on some of the shit you've posted here, Biggie. But, news now, in general, is not manufactured.

Have you lost the ability to discern fact from fiction? Which of these stories (my summarizations) that I read at Wall Street Journal, Daily Mail, Market Watch, Fox News, Reuters, The Guardian, Crimesider, ABC News, and the LA Times........ are manufactured news, Biggie?

1. Trump Signs Revised Executive Order on Travel Ban -- removes Iraq from ban, pushes out effective date to March 16th, removes religious preference, removes indefinite ban on Syrian Refugees, specifies exemptions for those legally in the country.

2. Pentagon Confirms Additional Ground Troops Deployed in Syria; Mission Redefined to Avoid In-Fighting between U.S. Allies (Kurds and Turks).

3. Trump's Approval Ratings Improve Following Joint Congressional Speech.

4. President Trump Accuses Former President Barrack Obama of Tapping His Phones with No Evidence to Back it Up in Tweet Storm; Calls Obama "bad or sick guy".

5. Dow closed above 21000 as stocks soar after Trump speech.

6. Trump Tweets Hurt Equities; US Dollar Gains.

7. Trump on Track to Spend Exorbitant Amount of Taxpayer Dollars on Travels -- by one estimate the president has already rung up as much in travel costs as the Obama and Biden families did in eight years – all at the expense of taxpayers.

8. Volunteer officer, Boy Scout leader charged with raping boy.

9. U.S. Marines Under Investigation for Sharing Nude Photos of Female Officers On-line, Without Consent.

The problem isn't that news isn't real or that it's all manufactured now. The problem is that you, Biggie, gravitate towards and believe bullshit reported at easily identifiable fake news sites.
(03-06-2017, 10:05 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I feel the same way about Alex Jones.

There are those who get their news from him and they believe it. Same goes for Drudge and Breitbart. They all have a following and it's quite substantial. Those that get their news from those sources are morons, there is no nice way to say that.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

I'm wondering if Khizr Khan's travel privileges being under review is fake news. Surely it must be given this man has been a United States citizen for over 30 years.
(03-06-2017, 09:34 PM)Maggot Wrote: Dammit! if you like your doctor you can keep them...........I promise. Bullshit

I look forward to reading your opinion of the revised ACA. Smiley_emoticons_smile
I bet the Republicans won't be looking at their shoes as it's being promoted. The mandate was such a bad idea and the entire thing was basically an entitlement tax. Hopefully it can be chopped where it needs to be axed. The idea is a good one but was really not a good plan. The democrats shoved it through with no lube because it was the only chance they had to pass it with a majority.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Some fake news from yesterday:

[Image: _94972953_trump_gitmo_quote.jpg]

Derp.

Yet again, President Trump watched a FOX News report, twisted what was reported, and spewed a false claim via Twitter.

According to the government’s latest “Summary of Reengagement of Detainees Formerly Held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba,” the vast majority of the released Gitmo detainees who were “confirmed of reengaging” — 113 of the 122 — were released or transferred out of Gitmo by President Bush.

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/03/trumps-...tmo-blame/

I have a better understanding of fake news after watching the hearings. I know I sometimes have some snark where dumb people are concerned but I never really thought that people would be so stupid as to get their news from FaceBook or similar sites. The reality is, many people do and they believe it and they pass it on as if it were fact. Those who are behind fake news count on those people who aren't very bright, they know there are those who will believe what they are told.
I wonder if the vindication of Devin Nunes is fake news.

If someone has told you that his bizarre undercover, underhanded bullshit has been vindicated then yeah, someone is trying to pass off fake news to you.
I will give the FBI as much time as it took to find Brady's jersey to find Russian/Trump collusion in the election.

That's very generous of you.
I'm sure they are jumping because of my request.

I just re-read this thread. We're funny! 19

Anyway...

I just read this. I don't watch FOX so I'm not familiar with this man but I saw him referred to as a dick and some people were very surprised to see this come from him.

Rt. LT. CO. Ralph Peters--FOX News analyst.

On March 1st, I informed Fox that I would not renew my contract. The purpose of this message to all of you is twofold:

First, I must thank each of you for the cooperation and support you've shown me over the years. Those working off-camera, the bookers and producers, don't often get the recognition you deserve, but I want you to know that I have always appreciated the challenges you face and the skill with which you master them.

Second, I feel compelled to explain why I have to leave. Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer. I swore to "support and defend the Constitution," and that oath did not expire when I took off my uniform. Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers. Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed.

In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration. When prime-time hosts--who have never served our country in any capacity--dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller--all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of "deep-state" machinations-- I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove. To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.

As a Russia analyst for many years, it also has appalled me that hosts who made their reputations as super-patriots and who, justifiably, savaged President Obama for his duplicitous folly with Putin, now advance Putin's agenda by making light of Russian penetration of our elections and the Trump campaign. Despite increasingly pathetic denials, it turns out that the "nothing-burger" has been covered with Russian dressing all along. And by the way: As an intelligence professional, I can tell you that the Steele dossier rings true--that's how the Russians do things.. The result is that we have an American president who is terrified of his counterpart in Moscow.

I do not apply the above criticisms in full to Fox Business, where numerous hosts retain a respect for facts and maintain a measure of integrity (nor is every host at Fox News a propaganda mouthpiece--some have shown courage). I have enjoyed and valued my relationship with Fox Business, and I will miss a number of hosts and staff members. You're the grown-ups.

Also, I deeply respect the hard-news reporters at Fox, who continue to do their best as talented professionals in a poisoned environment. These are some of the best men and women in the business..

So, to all of you: Thanks, and, as our president's favorite world leader would say, "Das vidanya."