Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL 2017
(10-09-2017, 01:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 01:38 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Nelson also got sent for a drug test today.

Wooo. Is that common practice?
They do get random tested so maybe it's just a coincidence that they picked him after a stellar performance.
(10-09-2017, 12:47 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Beats me. Why the fuck would anyone think Dr. Seuss is racist? Never mind. I can't stand anymore stupid today. It's a goddamn epidemic.

Some libtard librarian rejected a Dr Seuss donation from Melania Trump, because Racist...Apparently the white chick took Seusses carachteur of a Chinese guy as racist. Reportedly he may have held some racist ideas back in the 40's and apparently got over it. Suddenly now his stuff is racist.

Did that clear it up?

Not really but that's okay. If I think too much about all the stupid out there I'll be afraid to leave home.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
LOL, yea I thought the whole concept was bullshit too and had to do some searching to find out WTF because I could not see any way whatsoever DS could have been considered racist. Still don't
(10-09-2017, 04:02 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: LOL, yea I thought the whole concept was bullshit too and had to do some searching to find out WTF because I could not see any way whatsoever DS could have been considered racist. Still don't
It's a stretch for sure. We were at war with the Japanese so pretty much everyone was hating on Japan at the time for the attack on Pearl Harbor. Also, Hitler was depicted in that same drawing.They were more or less caricatures although the Japanese caricature was stereotypical with buck teeth and round glasses accentuating his squinted eyes.
Hey, Philly @ Carolina on Thursday.

Cam looks like his old MVP self and the Eagles offense is really clicking.

That’ll be a fun one to watch.
(10-10-2017, 11:54 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: That’ll be a fun one to watch.

Says you. Myself, on the other hand Panic

I guess it wouldn't matter who it was. I always tend to be uptight heading into a game and it's a short week this time. I just want to keep climbing above the others in my division, but with every inch I get, I want more.
(10-10-2017, 12:41 PM)Duchess Wrote:
but with every inch I get, I want more.

That's a pretty normal reaction I think.
Wentz looks very good so far.

I see Alshon Jeffrey is healthy (wow, Bears fans wonder how THAT feels).

Eagles D seems to be slamming the door.

Only loss is to KC, in my opinion the top team in the league right now.

So, which Cam Newton will you see Thursday?

I think this latest controversy surrounding Cam has invigorated him.

I’ve always liked Cam’s personality. I honestly don’t think he was trying to disrespect the woman reporter a couple of weeks back, but like he said, maybe he was trying to give her a backhanded compliment.

Anyway, his receivers are getting open and he’s throwing it well.

Could be a shootout.
(10-10-2017, 12:44 PM)Jimbone Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 12:41 PM)Duchess Wrote:
but with every inch I get, I want more.

That's a pretty normal reaction I think.

Oh dear God!
(10-10-2017, 12:48 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Could be a shootout.

...another game spent with my head in my hands.
Is that you Clang?

It looks like the NFL may try to force players to stand. I hope nothing comes of that and I hope there are owners with enough backbone to tell others to butt the fuck out of their business. So many people continue to insist on making this about the flag/anthem/military regardless of being repeatedly told it's not about that. If I had a public platform, I'd take a knee right along side them.

NFL owners are businessmen.

Eventually, corporate sponsors will pull out.

It wouldn’t bother me if some/all of the owners said, ‘it’s my way or the highway.’

I'll be hugely disappointed if they roll over like a dog.

They don't have a problem letting domestic abusers play, nor rapists, accused murderers, steroid users and racists yet they draw the line at taking a knee.
(10-10-2017, 05:15 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'll be hugely disappointed if they roll over like a dog.

They don't have a problem letting domestic abusers play, nor rapists, accused murderers, steroid users and racists play yet they draw the line at taking a knee.

Interesting you mention that.

When Adrian Peterson abused his child a few season’s back, the Vikings had one of their sponsor’s pull out until he was suspended for the season.

I think the league has gotten tougher on criminals but you’re right, they can do even better.
Kneeling in protest of the National Anthem is bad for business. They may not have thought so the first week, but the owners sure know it now. That's why you're seeing this shift - it's costing them or has the potential to cost them money. So they are going to make their employees stand.

If players don't like it, they can go play arena football.
(10-10-2017, 06:24 PM)Jimbone Wrote: If players don't like it, they can go play arena football.

Kinda wish they all would just to stick it to the man. That would really give them something to cry about. I'd applaud it. I'm sick of this shit and I support every person that takes a knee. It's a damn shame it had to come to that and they still get shit because people are trying to change the narrative.
(10-10-2017, 06:40 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Kinda wish they all would just to stick it to the man. That would really give them something to cry about. I'd applaud it. I'm sick of this shit and I support every person that takes a knee. It's a damn shame it had to come to that and they still get shit because people are trying to change the narrative.

What's the narrative?

The reason behind why they do it, Mr. Bone.