Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL 2017

So...weeks ago I was told our only real competition are the Vikings, I think I posted about it at the time and just last week I saw it said that we should hope to be playing the Saints. Guess who plays today?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Watching Jax take a quick 14-0 lead.

Cannot let visiting team come out and gain confidence like that.

Wow! Steelers stuffed on 4th and inches with a terrible play call.

Jags win. Woooo.

It looks like a packed house, MS. How are you feeling? Feelin' like a winner?

Drew turns 39 tomorrow.

Gorgeous stadium, BTW.
(01-14-2018, 05:41 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It looks like a packed house, MS. How are you feeling? Feelin' like a winner?

Drew turns 39 tomorrow.

Gorgeous stadium, BTW.

Thanks!

The stadium is unbelievable. Was there in November for High School football championship game.

I’ve got a nervous feeling in my gut, but getting that first 3 and out against Brees made me feel a little better.
Breathe, MS, breathe!
(01-14-2018, 08:54 PM)Duchess Wrote: Breathe, MS, breathe!

How did you know???!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????!!!!!
56 years of every break going against us....
I must be dreaming
(01-14-2018, 09:19 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: How did you know???!!!

Been there! Many times.
Apparently there was a football game today
Delirium here.

This kind of good fortune is normally reserved for other franchises.
Now that I’ve had a moment to collect myself (and get the driveway shoveled and jidsnto bed) I’ve got these comments:

1. That was a typical Viking playoff effort for 59 minutes and 50 seconds. This was the same script (more or less) that I’ve watched since I was 6 years old. Sure, we’ve won some playoff games, but in the end, this franchise is known more for stealing defeat from the jaws of victory than anything else.

2. Great clock management by Mike Zimmer. After Drew Brees converted 4th and 10 to set up NO for what appeared to be the GW FG, I started yelling at the tv for Zim to use his timeouts. When Sean Payton predictably ran on 3rd and 1 with 31 seconds left, I knew we’d have a remote shot.

Brilliant on his part.

3. Case Keenum

Can I say it again?

Case Keenum.

In high school, he wore purple and gold.

Before he arrived at his high schoo, his team had never won a state championship.

Guess what?

He won a state championship!

He’s got guts and smarts.

4. Drew Brees was everything advertised. He’s the consummate pro and put his team in position to steal a victory.

5. Stefon Diggs.

I love that kid!

That was some finish, MS. To snatch victory from the brink of defeat is an amazing feeling.

I'll welcome you to Lincoln Financial Field, our beautiful "green" stadium, we have over 11,000 solar panels and generate our own power.

That's ^^^^^^ all I could think of to say. I wanted to acknowledge your hard fought win. It's not easy to win in the NFL. I have no smack talk, mostly because I worry about karma and the ha ha fuck you factor.

Go Eagles!

BOOM! There it is -

The Philadelphia Eagles will be underdogs again next week. Minnesota currently a 3.5-point favorite for the NFC Championship Game at Westgate.
Interesting to note that regardless of the outcome next week, a backup QB will be taking his team to the SB to represent the NFC.
I'm just glad Pittsburgh went home.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I’m not a smack talker whatsoever.

When you’ve never won anything, it’s really hard to do, that whole Karma thing that D mentioned.

So, I’ll only say that I feel like maybe there’s a little destiny working in our favor after yesterday.

Good luck to the Eagles, and honestly, I couldn’t be happier for you guys if you get to the Bowl.

Somebody HAS to take down the Pats.
Yes, I agree all teams should strive to snatch the golden ring.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-15-2018, 12:05 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Good luck to the Eagles, and honestly, I couldn’t be happier for you guys if you get to the Bowl.

That's so gracious of you, MS. I know that you want to win as badly as I do.