Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MOCK'S PICNIC BASKET

We're going on a picnic. You're going and you're going to like it, so don't give me any shit about this. What's going into the baskets?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Some wine, cheese, French bread, olives and bone marrow.
cream cheese, bacon, scallions, chives, pickled herring, anchovies, scallops, and bagels.
I'm bringing fried chicken, my mom's potato salad, and deviled eggs for everyone else.

I'll be having tuna and pickles with a bit of sharp cheddar wrapped in romaine lettuce, and a couple of the deviled eggs.

And.......I'll bring a bottle each of California Chardonnay and Cabernet for all of us.
This tuna sandwich sounds really good. It's made with bread, but it would work well in a lettuce wrap too.

http://www.curtisstone.com/recipe/pan-bagnat
That does sound really good and I could modify it just a little without going outside of my restrictions if I use lettuce instead of bread.

I've actually grown to prefer lettuce wraps over bread after 3 months bread-free.

BUT, when you re-posted that clam chowder in a sour dough bread bowl yesterday in the other thread, I called you a cruel bitch, out loud even. ")
I didn't do it on purpose. It was just a coincidence that the thread was bumped up and that's what my daughter ordered at the restaurant the day before. Normally she'll get kid friendly stuff like chicken tenders, but she told right away that she wants the clam chowder in a bread bowl.
I'm pretty sure she don't leave any marrow on the bone.
(04-02-2017, 02:00 PM)sally Wrote: I didn't do it on purpose. It was just a coincidence that the thread was bumped up and that's what my daughter ordered at the restaurant the day before. Normally she'll get kid friendly stuff like chicken tenders, but she told right away that she wants the clam chowder in a bread bowl.

I know you didn't. It just looked really good. Your girl has great taste.
Clang, can I share the pickled herring?
Sally, bone marrow? You can keep it.

Anyway, I can make some of my world famous cream cheese stuffed jalapino poppers.
And a bowl of Texas Caviar.
(04-21-2017, 07:53 PM)QueenBee Wrote: Clang, can I share the pickled herring?
Sally, bone marrow? You can keep it.

Anyway, I can make some of my world famous cream cheese stuffed jalapino poppers.
And a bowl of Texas Caviar.

Yes, we care share. I usually bought the largest jar of pickled herring I could find. Haven't had anyone to share pickled herring with since Mom died almost 3 years ago.
I got my taste for pickled herring from my dad. We were only two in family who liked it.
My husband told me he thought there was something about having Herring on New Year or something. Know anything about that?
(04-21-2017, 10:21 PM)QueenBee Wrote: I got my taste for pickled herring from my dad. We were only two in family who liked it.
My husband told me he thought there was something about having Herring on New Year or something. Know anything about that?

Nope. Never heard of that.

But yeah I guess its a thing.

http://www.wellnesstoday.com/nutrition/h...ard-greens

I knew there was a reason I love Scandinavia.

Every now & then I get a yen for fried chicken. I don't know where that comes from because most days I find the thought of cooked flesh revolting.
Just made a tater salad. I made enough to share.
(04-22-2017, 04:47 PM)QueenBee Wrote: Just made a tater salad. I made enough to share.

With tater tots? That sounds interesting an delicious.

I'm so hungry I'd shove my face in this picnic basket like a savage. Picture that.
(08-03-2017, 05:07 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm so hungry I'd shove my face in this picnic basket like a savage. Picture that.

Wish you could come to the Clambake, tomorrow. There will so much food there. Hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, chips, clams, oysters, steak, chicken, desserts.

I'd love to go to a clambake with you! Mmmm clams. NomNomNom
(08-03-2017, 06:53 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'd love to go to a clambake with you! Mmmm clams. NomNomNom

I wouldn't mind attending the Mock clamfest.

Ladies, who's showing first?