DEATH. YOUR DEATH

Have you ever come close to death?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
A few times, couple bike crashes, one bad car wreck. Managed to walk away, well Limped away actually.
Had a guy shoot at me when I was repoing cars.
When I was in the Air Force I had a turbine drive go critical and shell out with me trapped in there with it, that was fun, flying turbine blades everywhere.
Never been sick enough to die

I always wonder how anyone survives a bike wreck. You're hitting the pavement. Hard! Helmets aren't required here so just imagine your head hitting the road. Shiiiit.

I don't want to plan a funeral. Ever.
Apparently, when I was a baby I became very ill and was days from dying. I was about 6 months old. Never as an adult.
(04-28-2017, 03:10 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Well there was the time my grandpa walked in on me about to have sex with my grandma's corpse.....

But seriously no I can't recall having a brush with death. My well meaning, overprotective mom saw to that.

I once went into anaphylactic shock. I didn't know what it was at the time though so I wasn't scared. I thought I was out of breath because I had just run across a friggin' field but it was my airways swelling shut.
Felt like I was going to die a few mornings, but never came closehah.
There were a couple times that the story sounds like I would have ben drastically close though.
One story was a bike wreck where I was sitting at a stop light 2 days before Christmas and a dude slams into the back of me. Over the back of the bike I went across his hood, off his windshield and landed on the ground next to his car.
Another time was a hunting accident where I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and took part of a 12 gauge load to the side of the head. Wiped the blood up and finished that days hunt though. Took care of the shot removal later.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
(04-28-2017, 03:10 PM)Duchess Wrote:

3 times, I have also learned that this life is only the beginning. My time here is built around that. But right now I'm a bit wasted so any input will certainly be fluid like a rocky mountain stream.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I had a spontaneous pneumothorax once. That's when your lung blows a hole and collapses for no reason whatsoever. Kinda like spontaneous combustion.

I woke up one morning, sat up and immediately felt horrific pain and I could feel the air bubbles in my chest escaping from my lung. I didn't think I was going to die, I knew I was going to die.
So many times, i've been real lucky.

Well, what's the story, morning glory.
Slammed into the center divider, rolled three times spun around facing traffic to see a gasoline tanker truck locked up spewing tire smoke and hopping towards me. He stopped about 20 feet away and gave me a ride to work!

Fishing boat in the Alaskan storm of 1989 that ruined about ten southern california piers, rolled on it's side twice. One guy broke an arm and another lost a tooth.

20'th skydive, main malfunctioned and had a hard time finding the reserve handle after the harness shifted on ill fitting gear.

Another skydive the plane barely cleared trees at the end of the runway due to being overloaded on a hot day.

Another one where we brushed canopies on deployment.

Got into a fight with two cholos and they pulled a gun on me.

Was out shooting and someone didn't see me, had bullets going all around me, CLOSE.

Flew 20' after hitting a boulder with my quad.

I've had close to 200 stitches, I was a bit clumsy in my ute.

See. I knew it would be interesting and exciting.
Had a fat tired Z-28 kick up a 12 '' steel bar into my windshield on the freeway, luckily it hit sideways blowing out my windshield and caved in the top of the frame 2 inches down.If it hit straight on it would have spectacularly killed me.
(04-28-2017, 10:07 PM)sally Wrote: I had a spontaneous pneumothorax once. That's when your lung blows a hole and collapses for no reason whatsoever.

That's crazy wild. You must have been petrified thinking you were going to die. Did you have children yet? I'm familiar with this happening to you but I don't recall asking you any questions about it.