PARTY IN YOUR 'HOOD

Do y'all socialize with your neighbors?

For example - I know MS sits on his deck having drinks in the evening so I'm wondering if things ever get wild & crazy with the neighborhood couples.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Funny you mention this.

5 years ago we had several people over and as the night wound down, we moved the action to our neighbors house/pool (adjacent to our backyard).

So, it's our buddy Eric (single) and his new girlfriend (at the time).

My wife and I have been drinking all night and mixing it up (liquor, wine, etc).

Anyway, we're all in the pool and new girlfriend offers to get another glass of wine for us.

Remember, our kids are sleeping in our house which I can hit with a football if needed.

She comes back with the wine and after a few sips, my wife and I stagger back to our house and immediately pass out.

Me on the bathroom floor, my wife buck naked on the bedroom floor.

To this day, we believe this woman slipped something in our drink.

How I passed out, feeling it coming, I just knew this was more than drinking.

Everything turned out okay, our kids never knew, and our neighbor broke up with this woman shortly thereafter and we haven't seen her since.

It was a little freaky at the time, not knowing for sure what had happened.
Yikes!! The closest I ever get is a few beers in the garage looking at an engine or something.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I did more when I first moved here. Neighbors then seemed more friendly and sociable. I mean we had picnics, or spent many a summer afternoon sitting outside and chatting.
But, of late, I am socializing more with one or two neighbors. And now that I am a retired old fart, I am sure I will have more time to get to know my neighbors. With the new mini deck, I have somewhere to sit too
This is a small street and everyone has lived here for years so I know all my neighbors and chit chat with them for a few minutes every once in a while. That's about it.

There is one couple on the street, however, who we are friends with and we've been to each other's houses for little get togethers. 4th of July, New Years Eve, Memorial Day, what have you. One night they were over here on Christmas Eve and the guy got so drunk drinking shots of tequila that he fell into my rose bushes and couldn't get up. His wife was pissed and said she doesn't care if he stays there all fucking night. That was pretty funny.
I have a foldable wheelchair hanging in my garage for those situations. I've been meaning to send it to the VA for quite a while but never remember.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-07-2017, 11:00 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Me on the bathroom floor

I've passed out on the bathroom floor after a holiday party spent drinking hot rum toddies. *barf*

I've passed out in my backseat in the dead of Winter too. I'm so lucky I didn't die from hypothermia. Shit for brains. 78

Anyone else ever pass out in unusual places?
(05-07-2017, 09:57 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Do y'all socialize with your neighbors?

For example - I know MS sits on his deck having drinks in the evening so I'm wondering if things ever get wild & crazy with the neighborhood couples.

Not here in Watervliet. I've been here a year and barely even said hi to any of the neighbors. Though a couple neighbors did help us shovel out our cars this winter when we had to move them to the other side of the street. That's how we found out we shouldn't park in front of the handicapped grandmother's house.

In Hoosick Falls though it was a small community of 3,500 people and everyone knew each other.
(05-07-2017, 11:29 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-07-2017, 11:00 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Me on the bathroom floor

I've passed out on the bathroom floor after a holiday party spent drinking hot rum toddies. *barf*

I've passed out in my backseat in the dead of Winter too. I'm so lucky I didn't die from hypothermia. Shit for brains. 78

Anyone else ever pass out in unusual places?

I almost fell into and most likely would have passed out in a bathtub at my first college party at my oldest brother's apartment.

Other than that. I've never had the opportunity. Any beer drinking event I attend, I have a friend or relative who watches over me and makes sure I stay out of trouble. I drink responsibly and never drive drunk and make sure my designated driver is also not too drunk to drive.
Last night was a perfect example of how we do get togethers here. My daughter, grand children and the OL and I were having a campfire and burning up some of the tree tops from me clearing out a few trees to make room for the addition. Anyway, before we knew it we had the neighbors, who are building a cabin on property that adjoins ours, their children and the new neighbors that are from a "block" over , that are also building a new cabin, all on our property sitting around the campfire and having a few drinks and getting acquainted. That went on until 2am.
Its not uncommon to have golfcarts, atv's, etc pull up at a house just to say hello and have a drink or two and spend a few hours around the fire solving the worlds problems.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
That neighbor that I was talking about who got all drunk and fell in my rose bushes just won 250,000 on a scratch off. He plays the lotto like a crack head, I guess it finally paid off.

Gotta play to win, I say to myself immediately after calling him a lucky bastard.