Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can anyone do it alone?
I have not been single for over 20 yrs and I could not face the world alone, not today or tomorrow. I understand being in charge of ones destiny, I get having nobody to mess up ones domicile. I can relate to the peace of mind of knowing my stuff will not get fucked with. But today I could not go back to being 100%. Its nice knowing there will always be someone there regardless of how they got there watching my back and giving back the 50% of what I lack.

Even when they hate using the sink strainer and when I want to water my plant and bitch about the onions in the sink and say baaaaaaa, then come back and the sink strainers magically appear as if I was the mental one that did not see them............right there in the freaking sink!

I bet you fuckers thought this was going to have a happy ending.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Sounds like Bob is a lucky man.
Being single is great, but yeah I'd love to find someone someday. It just seems the only ones that want to date me are the ugly and the crazy.
For someone that has gone through too many relationships I find this period of solitude quite enjoyable. I haven't completely cut myself off from having fun or having an occasional fling, but I find myself avoiding those more and more lately. I don't want a casual relationship with anyone anymore and I don't want to be the mistress.
After a friend of mine passed away last month I thought, "Life is too short to be alone". I haven't rushed off to find anyone, but I am not so closed off to it now.
It is good that you have comfort in being in your relationship Maggot, you are lucky. Even if you didn't see that strainer the first time!
I just did the last 13 years with the same woman but have been single for the last 6 months.
I have not lived alone since 2005 and did not look forward to it again. When I did, I really enjoyed my space, my home was nice clean uncluttered and a place where I would come and take a deep breath and just let the outside world fall away.
A's house was cluttered and crowded but thats done. Mouse and I are looking for homes in Texas and hope to be there end of this year or early next and I cannot imagine being without her, feels like she has been with me for 20 years. Even with sharing space with someone else I think its better than being alone, at least in this part of my life.
Haven't run into any strainer issues yet though, will have to wait and see I guess
Clang does it alone all the time.
(05-19-2017, 08:54 PM)BigMark Wrote: Clang does it alone all the time.

Yeah, but does he truly care? Does he bring him flowers anymore? Does it mean anything? Really. I bet if he got a prosthetic leg To sleep with him he could plant that SOB square on his nutsack every once in a while. That'll wake him up. I know........trust me on this one.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I love my husband (somewhat) and it's set in stone that we will be together until death do us part. I really can't imagine my life any other way unless I get up the nerve to kill him and get away with it.
(05-19-2017, 08:54 PM)BigMark Wrote: Clang does it alone all the time.

Not by choice. :(

Fine. I'll just date Ginny Brooks again. OK? She's crazy and desperate enough to take me back. And the only woman that seems to want me at the moment.

Fuck my happiness.

I'm alone a lot and I don't mind it at all. It might bother me if I didn't have a lot of other interests.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
There are some that are alone even when in a crowd!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(05-20-2017, 04:33 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm alone a lot and I don't mind it at all. It might bother me if I didn't have a lot of other interests.

I don't mind it at all most of the time, except on Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve, and when I attend a wedding or would like to attend a party or event but its geared toward couples.
Good question. I see it being most difficult for folks who have spent all or most of their adult life with someone.
My sis in law moved in with my brother from her parents house. When my brother died in Sept, it became her first time in 60 years living alone.
She says it has been hard.

Me, on the other hand, spent a good many years of my adult life alone before Mr Bee came into the picture. I mean, I was not a hermit, had a lot of friends, just no long term significant other. We have been together about 18 years. If I were to be suddenly alone next week, it would be hard at first, but I think I would manage,
(05-20-2017, 04:33 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Did you give Cowboy the boot while I wasn't looking?

There's a lot of uncertainty in my marriage right now. My daughter, with all of $1400 to her name, up and left on Monday (the day between Mother's Day and my birthday). A few months ago, it would have been a "run away" but she's 18. She's staying at a shitty hotel. We're going to let her run out of money and then she has some choices: couch surf with the few friends she has, stay with a relative, come home (I actually don't want that to happen...she's been the source of a lot of chaos and toxicity in the house for a long time) or we'll rent her a granny type unit for her somewhere near her school. If she does her "job", and goes to school everyday, she can graduate high school in about 3 months. After that...I dunno. She's still a sick young woman and she couldn't function in a regular, full time job or college. Even though she'll graduate with a 4.0, she's been in a very forgiving, expensive, work at your own pace, drive your parents crazy, start school at 1:30pm type of school for the last 4 to 5 years. She has no clue about regular schools or jobs. I'd like her to go somewhere really structured that would teach her about real world. An assisted living facility that has requirements that need to be met etc. Or the military (I've never thought of that for her but wow, she'd be a completely different person within 6 months if she did that).

Wait, this is about being alone. For awhile I was sure I was going to move out because my husband and daughter were both being pretty damn hateful to me (my husband is just cold). If our daughter stays gone and moves on with her life, I don't know if my husband and I could have a better relationship. The grass is greener...in some ways, a place to myself and solitude sound heavenly right now. But I have a few lady friends my age who live alone and dislike the "isolation". I could see feeling that way after a few months. Dating? Panic I can't imagine going through dozens of shitty dates looking for "Mr. Right". I think any guy I would like is probably married because he's a great guy and somebody already snatched him up and treats him well because they know they've got an awesome husband.

I think I'll try to improve things with my husband but a year of couple's therapy really hasn't done much so it's going to be a challenge.
Commando Cunt Queen

If people are feeling isolated then maybe they aren't making an active effort to be engaged in what's going on around them. That's just a thought and I don't say it rudely. I've always believed it's up to one's self to make their own happiness, it should never be left up to others to do for them.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-21-2017, 05:57 AM)Duchess Wrote:

If people are feeling isolated then maybe they aren't making an active effort to be engaged in what's going on around them. That's just a thought and I don't say it rudely. I've always believed it's up to one's self to make their own happiness, it should never be left up to others to do for them.

True and one HUGE fact that I left out is neither woman drives. Duh, now that would cause one to be isolated.

Then again, if I were single I don't know what activities I could/would engage in that would prevent boredom (once I had my new place just perfect). Ballroom dancing? No. Book Club? No unless the club is book club comedy or something. Bars? No fucking way. I'm not a club joiner and I don't have any one passion (like riding or something) that would be enjoyable. Just to get out, I suppose I could attend the local National Association of Mental Illness (NAMI) family support meetings but that doesn't sound too fun. Hmmmmm.
Commando Cunt Queen
I've done it alone for 14 years and I've managed. I've had a few relationships here and there but no one I would want to be with forever. I would like to meet Mr. Right but if I don't that's ok too.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies