Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is this the solution?
To racism?

A blog titled, "White people, stop asking us to educate you about racism"
https://medium.com/@realtalkwocandallies...273d39d828

Just a few quotes from the blog:

Keep in mind that some of us just don’t want to talk to you.

It comes from being disgusted with experiencing the painful stings of either being invisible or too visible to white people. Both are exhausting and — at times — even terrifying.

We don’t owe you friendship, loyalty or respect. We damn sure don’t owe you what little energy we have leftover from fighting a system designed to keep us oppressed.

Before you start trying to educate yourself, know that you’ve done real harm to us. Every white person has, and the sooner you realize this, the better.

We are tired. Exhausted in fact. We’re dealing with racism and white supremacy on a regular basis. It sucks the life out of us, and we still have responsibilities to take care of — families, jobs… hell, just taking care of our damn selves.

We’ve already given you enough of our free labor. Don’t ask us for anymore.

Or does this just separate us more? If this isn't the solution, then what is? As an individual I feel powerless to stop the racist systems that I know exist in this country.
I know better than to walk up to a random POC and say, "Tell me about racism, or your experience with it"

It is not a mistake that I also began reading Eckhart Tolle again this weekend where he talks about the pain bodies we carry around from our hurts or the hurts of our ancestors.
Of course he is just a privelaged white male who has probably never experienced racism first hand. I say that slightly in jest. I think he has a lot of wisdom actually.
POC really? How about just person, no need to call out something not relevant. Everyone is looking for an angle now, it's sickening.

I sorta resent that person telling me I've done real harm to black people I've never even encountered.

I don't treat a person rudely because of the color of their skin. I sometimes treat them rudely because of the color of their heart.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Back when my Daughter was around 5 whenever she saw a black guy she would start yelling "Chocolate man, chocolate man ,Hi......HI Hi chocolate man hi hi" and wave her little hand. Once she did it in the checkout line.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-29-2017, 10:25 PM)BigMark Wrote: POC really? How about just person, no need to call out something not relevant. Everyone is looking for an angle now, it's sickening.

I had to look that one up at first also. POC.

(05-30-2017, 05:00 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I sorta resent that person telling me I've done real harm to black people I've never even encountered.

I don't treat a person rudely because of the color of their skin. I sometimes treat them rudely because of the color of their heart.

Yes, they have already judged me which they are accusing me of doing.

Maggot, how would people react when your daughter would do that?
They laughed. This was when Cosby had his show on in prime time. Racism was not a daily bitch and its really not but some seem to think it is. Everything cannot be blamed on racism and I really don't know why its such a big issue today.
(05-30-2017, 01:29 PM)Maggot Wrote: I really don't know why its such a big issue today.

Maybe because it still exists when it shouldn't.
Yeah well neither should welfare after L.B.J. declared war on poverty but its still here. I have yet to see an act of racist bigotry in real life.
(05-30-2017, 12:12 PM)Maggot Wrote: Back when my Daughter was around 5 whenever she saw a black guy she would start yelling "Chocolate man, chocolate man ,Hi......HI Hi chocolate man hi hi" and wave her little hand. Once she did it in the checkout line.

I was in 5th grade and called this black kid Raisin while he tried to pelt me with dodgeballs.

I'm ashamed to admit some big black ladies intimidate me. Like one of my co-workers.
(05-30-2017, 06:26 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I'm ashamed to admit some big black ladies intimidate me. Like one of my co-workers.

Just picture yourself getting all up in that big ass, it will make the jitters go away.
(05-30-2017, 08:41 PM)sally Wrote:
(05-30-2017, 06:26 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I'm ashamed to admit some big black ladies intimidate me. Like one of my co-workers.

Just picture yourself getting all up in that big ass, it will make the jitters go away.

Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

This just racism under a different flag. I have personally never caused any harm to anyone that hadn't already at least tried to do me harm. I do not owe anybody any respect that they did not earn beyond the simple courtesy of being a human.

If POC stop making a big deal about being POC then there would be no divide. Call yourself out as some special class of mistreated victim and guess how you will be treated

I get a little uncomfortable talking about racism. It's not like I can relate to it and any opinion I have is formed by what I see, hear & read. I believe that it exists & I believe I probably have white privilege.
Oh dear god.
I've never asked any black people about their experience with racism, it's never even come to my mind. Nor have I ever done any harm to them. That ignorant nigger needs to get over himself and stop harassing white people with his or her stupid blogs.
hah
Racism is just another word for hatred. It exists. You guys have some strong "them" and "us" stuff that seems to exist there.

Starting any blog with a patronising self righteous finger waving tone to it is not going to fix the problem, it will exacerbate it.
(06-01-2017, 09:31 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Racism is just another word for hatred. It exists. You guys have some strong "them" and "us" stuff that seems to exist there.

Starting any blog with a patronising self righteous finger waving tone to it is not going to fix the problem, it will exacerbate it.

It's all over the place in Oz too princess.
It's not the solution, but it's a non-productive response to a real problem. In my opinion.

It's always interesting to me how the people who routinely push false accusations against black crime victims, post false stories of racial bias in favor of blacks by 'liberal media', call females pictured with black husbands or boyfriends 'mud sharks', refer to black people as 'coons', etc..............are often the very same people to claim that racism isn't a real deal or that black people are to blame for racism.

Of course racism is alive and well in individuals and systemically in the U.S., and likely everywhere else. I don't know the solution, but see it all the time and know it's not limited to racism against blacks by whites.
(05-31-2017, 12:45 PM)BigMark Wrote: Oh dear god.

Stay on your knees and pray for your soul, honky.