Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should illegal immigrants . . . . . . .
. . . . . . get financial aid?

An illegal immigrant (Mayte Lara) is bragging about getting a free ride to her education!

She even took to Twitter to blow her own horn about her self-accessed “nice legs” and her “13 cords/medals,” “4.5GPA” and Valedictorian status at Crockett High School, she also had to add, “oh and I’m undocumented.”

The thought of an illegal immigrant having a full ride to the University, and presumably on taxpayer dollars, has Texans and others seeing red.

My granddaughter born and raised here in the USA, of very modest means, with excellent grades, tried (several times) to get financial aid to attend college and was denied each time!

She can't and an illegal can? What's wrong with that picture?

What say you?
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

No I do not think they should have access to any form of financial aid for about 1000 reasons not the least of which is I am paying for it
(06-04-2017, 09:08 AM)Carsman Wrote: . . . . . . get financial aid?

An illegal immigrant (Mayte Lara) is bragging about getting a free ride to her education!

She even took to Twitter to blow her own horn about her self-accessed “nice legs” and her “13 cords/medals,” “4.5GPA” and Valedictorian status at Crockett High School, she also had to add, “oh and I’m undocumented.”

The thought of an illegal immigrant having a full ride to the University, and presumably on taxpayer dollars, has Texans and others seeing red.

My granddaughter born and raised here in the USA, of very modest means, with excellent grades, tried (several times) to get financial aid to attend college and was denied each time!

What say you?

There was a time I would have said, what part of illegal aren't people getting. I've come to learn that it's way more complicated than that in many instances. Mayte has DACA status, she pays taxes & has a social security number. In regards to her education, Texas has a law that has been in place for decades, all Valedictorians of Texas high schools (without regard for their resident status) are granted 2 semester tuition waivers. Mayte was granted the tuition waiver because she earned it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-04-2017, 11:16 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 09:08 AM)Carsman Wrote: . . . . . . get financial aid?

What say you?

There was a time I would have said, what part of illegal aren't people getting. I've come to learn that it's way more complicated than that in many instances. Mayte has DACA status, she pays taxes & has a social security number. In regards to her education, Texas has a law that has been in place for decades, all Valedictorians of Texas high schools (without regard for their resident status) are granted 2 semester tuition waivers. Mayte was granted the tuition waiver because she earned it.

My granddaughter has a SS # and pays taxes, but she doesn't live in Texas! Maybe she has to move to Texas! Absurd.

(06-04-2017, 11:31 AM)Carsman Wrote: My granddaughter has a SS # and pays taxes, but she doesn't live in Texas! Maybe she has to move to Texas! Absurd.

Well, she can move to Texas but she won't be getting a 2 semester tuition waiver if she's not the Valedictorian of her graduating class.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-04-2017, 11:47 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 11:31 AM)Carsman Wrote: My granddaughter has a SS # and pays taxes, but she doesn't live in Texas! Maybe she has to move to Texas! Absurd.

Well, she can move to Texas but she won't be getting a 2 semester tuition waiver if she's not the Valedictorian of her graduating class.

She was not looking for a total waiver, all she was just looking for some "financial aid"! And she's legal USA citizen!