FREEDOM

Did you have much freedom as a kid/young person? Were your parents strict?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-04-2017, 12:43 PM)Duchess Wrote:

My mom was the original helicopter parent. She kept the leash pretty short. Even after high school. I was accepted at a college across the state, and she refused to let me go there. And at the time I was not of a mind or personality to argue the fact.
My dad was much more freedom allowing, though he did get a bit dependant after my mom died
Latchkey kid, got to roam.
(06-04-2017, 12:43 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Yes. My youngest brother went away to college in Cobleskill and he told my mom he would be back to his dorm room from hanging out with friends at a certain time and would give her a call when he got back. Well he got talking with them and lost track of time and my mom actually called the campus security dispatcher. When he got back to his room campus security was waiting and told him to call his mom and to tell his mom never to call the dispatcher again.

I was smart and only called her once a week, leaving the day and time vague enough that she never bothered campus security.

She did get more lenient and let me be more independent as I got older, but the damage was done, besides cooking and laundry and writing a check, I was clueless on important stuff like riding a bike, dating/sex, budgeting my money, etc.

In a sort of cosmic karma payback we did end up kind of taking advantage of her kindness (like when we had no jobs, but went out to Golden Corral on mom and dad's dime while they ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches).

But about a year before she died I got my act together and got a job with Price Chopper, and then a year later a job with the NYS DMV.

So even if your parents are a bit overbearing, don't worry it will all work out in the end.

My brothers had a lot more freedom than I did. As a kid I might not have known about sexism but I knew I was experiencing it. I might not have a dick but I sure can be one.
Nope, we couldn't do anything. It made me resentful AND clever
As long as we were home when the streetlights came on they didn't care what we did.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
I took off when I was 15. Worked for a short bit then became a street kid. Better than my home life. Lots of sex too.
THANK YOU FOR POT SMOKING
(06-05-2017, 11:27 PM)Som Yung Ho Wrote: I took off when I was 15. Worked for a short bit then became a street kid. Better than my home life. Lots of sex too.

Is that why you had to become a young ho? That makes me sad for you. All children deserve love & security from those who should love them the most.
(06-06-2017, 10:20 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 11:27 PM)Som Yung Ho Wrote: I took off when I was 15. Worked for a short bit then became a street kid. Better than my home life. Lots of sex too.

Is that why you had to become a young ho? That makes me sad for you. All children deserve love & security from those who should love them the most.
They weren't my parents but you are right. Every child should have a home. But life is what life is.
THANK YOU FOR POT SMOKING